• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Would you plan by the "Crowd Calculator" (Touring Plans)?

IMHO, they are usually correct. I've used it the last 5 trips, and it's helped every time.

And I go during the "off" season.

Free advice...hmmm. I think it's great to review the info since they did all the math. However, as they say on the website, a good touring plan is much more important. I love their cheat sheets.

Are you staying offsite? If so, and thus unable to use EMH, I'd avoid MK on Thursday since it's an early EMH day and is traditionally the busiest day of the week for MK.

As a PP said, if the shorter hours on Friday don't bother you, that day is your best best for smallest crowds there.

We will be there this Saturday and Sunday.
We want to accomplish MK, DS and Epcot in those days.
We have wide range of kids 11 to 3 so we have to hit roller coasters to winnie the pooh.
Between Ridemax and Touring plans I have gotten VERY confused.
We had great luck in the past with EMH because we were at MK for rope drop. But Touring plans says to avoid MK on Sunday (does not mention on Saturday)
The EMH is on Sat morning for DHS and 1-3 am (not our speed) for MK on Sunday.
Given this big mess what do you think we should do?

We will be there this Saturday and Sunday.
We want to accomplish MK, DS and Epcot in those days.
We have wide range of kids 11 to 3 so we have to hit roller coasters to winnie the pooh.
Between Ridemax and Touring plans I have gotten VERY confused.
We had great luck in the past with EMH because we were at MK for rope drop. But Touring plans says to avoid MK on Sunday (does not mention on Saturday)
The EMH is on Sat morning for DHS and 1-3 am (not our speed) for MK on Sunday.
Given this big mess what do you think we should do?
If I were you I'd:

-Hit EMH AM if I *knew for sure* that I could be there at rope drop. If I thought it might be possible that I couldn't make EMH AM rope drop, then I'd get to any park no later than 9 am rope drop and plan accordingly.
-Talk to the family ahead of time about the one most important thing each member would like to do, then make a good touring plan with those activities in mind.
-Check out the abbreviated 1 day family plans on touringplans.
-I'd let it sink in that there's no way I'll get to do everything on this trip, so I'd hit the highlights and make sure to smell the roses along the way.
-Make sure to schedule breaks. See previous suggestion about smelling the roses.
-Have fun and don't stress :) .

If I could make EMH AM I'd probably do:

Sat: EMH AM at DHS/ break/ then MK at night.
Sun: EP Sunday morning/ break / then MK or EP Sunday night, depending on what night show I wanted to see, either Illuminations or Spectro/Wishes (assuming both are happening that night), both parks will probably be very busy. If I were going to do MK Sunday night, then I'd do EP Saturday night. It would probably be better to do MK Saturday night, as Sunday night Spectro will be *insane*, but if you have to see Spectro and it's only offered Sunday then what choice do you have....(I have no idea bc I didn't check WDW calendar).

No EMH AM:
Sat: MK morning/ break / Epcot
Sun: DHS / break / MK for Spectro (then switch up if you did MK on Saturday night, EP on Sunday night). This is all assuming that Spectro is offered on Sunday only, I have no idea because I didn't actually look, but you can see how you can rotate these days depending on what parades/fireworks are shown which days. DHS you can assume you'll do one morning because it typically closes so early at night. Once you decide that DHS is an AM park, you can plug either MK or Ep into the other morning and evenings. A good touring plan is probably more important than which days you are at which parks. Getting there as closely as possible to rope drop with a good touring plan in hand is probably more important than everything else combined.

I assume the main reason that UG recommends against MK on Sunday is due to EMH PM. If you get there at 9 am rope drop, I doubt you'll feel much difference in the crowd than on a smaller day for crowds. If you're there after noon, it will probably smart a bit. HTH!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter