Would you Pay Rack Rate?

Would you pay what Disney technically charges?

• Yes, the resort we stay in would not change without discounts

• No, we would downgrade our room/resort choice or go offsite

• Other (please explain)

Results are only viewable after voting.
If I couldn't use my dvc points it would be the Waldof Astoria, next door. It's more luxury and cheaper.

I would never pay rack rate for deluxe resorts, so since those are the only ones we stay at on property, I guess we would end up staying moderate. That's my opinion I know DH wouldn't do anything but deluxe. The past 2 years we have gotten 40% off room. This year we're staying Poly! So excited!!!! Love discounts. Hope they always have them.

I voted "other." We use whatever savings we get to extend our trips, therefore our trips would become shorter in length.

Yes. I would pay rack rate - BUT we happen to currently be in love with POP - we are booked there paying rack rate but we are getting Free Dining. I would still pay rack rate at POP without any other discounts but would adjust our travel dates to a Value Season only. Staying offsite is not an option that would work for our family.
We have stayed at Deluxes several times and loved them but I would NEVER pay rack rate at a Deluxe.

Many years ago before finding this web site we always stayed at moderates and paid rack rate. We now purchase AP's and usually take advantage of the AP Rate. It's usually 40% off sometimes more.

We now are willing to change resorts and dates to get a great rate. We have not paid rack rate in over 10 years.

we'd go back to Shades of Green because for the same price we'd do better room wise( we pay the highest rate at SoG)

I'd consider trying Swan or Dolphin if I could't get into SoG.

but I will not do a Value or Moderate under any circumstances so if I couldn't a
afford a deluxe, we'd either take a cruise instead.. or not go at all.

Considering I'm a single parent with limited funds, I would be forced to stay offsite or not go every year as I usually do. I would have to wait a couple of years in between trips to save for onsite rooms.

I would never pay rack rate for deluxe resorts, so since those are the only ones we stay at on property, I guess we would end up staying moderate. That's my opinion I know DH wouldn't do anything but deluxe. The past 2 years we have gotten 40% off room. This year we're staying Poly! So excited!!!! Love discounts. Hope they always have them.

Just a reminder people-Swan/Dolphin are DELUXES Hotels-not motels like the Mods-and with AAA rate are a deal =always cheaper than WL and AKL-if you book ahead.:)
AND they use the Disney bus and boat system so you are ON PROPERTy!:)

Just a reminder people-Swan/Dolphin are DELUXES Hotels-not motels like the Mods-and with AAA rate are a deal =always cheaper than WL and AKL-if you book ahead.:)

Shhh...don't let the secret out! ;) I never thought I'd love any resort more than the Poly, but the Dolphin won me over! :love:

I look for the room discount so we can stay at the deluxe resorts. Without it, we cannot stay there and I would have to downgrade.

We have stayed at POP before and while it is a great resort, the Grand Floridian has our hearts. It would make me sad.:sad2:

I would pay rack rate...but my dream of going every year would probably not come true. And I would probably always have to stay value instead of my current plans to try out the deluxes (unless I was able to rent DVC points).

Never pay rack rate; will no longer stay off- site. If there are no "true" discounts, we rent points from a DVC member.

No, I don't think I would. The on-site premium is just too high for the amenities offered. We'd either rent points or book the Swan/Dolphin, most likely, to get the on-site convenience without the Disney resort price tag.

No way would I pay rack rate! A night at the ritz is cheaper than a night at the Poly. We take our car, so I'd tough it out at the Ritz and drive to the parks. ;)

ETA-no way would I pay rack rate.

We just got back last night from a split stay at AKV and BCV and I have to say that when we're not using DVC pts, I will only consider the Swan and Dolphin from now on. They are so much better than the WDW resorts and the price is unbelievable!
As for not getting the DDP if staying at the S/D, we used it this last time and again left with 8 cs credits unused-this has happened each time we've used it.
Don't even get me started on the beds at WDW. There is NO comparison. I woke up several nights this last week because I was uncomfortable. That has never happened at the Dolphin or the Swan. We all know after a long day in the parks that a good night sleep is essential and I just did not get that and wasn't at my best. I felt tired during the day instead of energized.

Never ever ever.

As it is, I frequently stay offsite. Once in a while, I'll stay in a WDW hotel, but not if the price isn't right. Even with the AP discounts, I think they over-charge for the rooms.

Hell would freeze over before I'd pay them what they generally charge.

We started travelling to WDW when we saw that with discounts, WDW was similarly priced if not better priced than many other family vacation destinations. With rack rates increasing so quickly and discounts shrinking or disappearing all together, we're starting to look into other vacation destinations again. Not only will I not pay rack rate, but we may not even travel to WDW if discounts diappear all together. We may consider renting an offsite house but the Mouse would only get a small portion of our vacation money because we'd be going to other attractions besides just WDW when in the Orlando area. Right now, getting people onsite means they get all of our money. They're only get a tiny fraction of it if they do away with discounts or even if the discounts are cut down enough.

I would just go back to staying at the shades of green if I didn't have a discount of some sort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter