Would you pay for this just to book fast passes a day earlier?

kupair

Mouseketeer
We are driving and arriving late evening on a Friday. We check into the Poly on Saturday but I cant figure out what to do Friday. We have 3 kids ages 3-9 plus an infant with us so that limits our room choices. We can stay at CBR for around $180 or PORS for a little more. We will head to MK Saturday am. Can't figure out if we should stay off property or pay the money for the ability to book FP a day earlier plus having park transportation. What would you do?

Book your Friday FPs at the 30 day window and book the room that's best for you. Given that you already have a 60 day advantage for your onsite stay, you should more than be able to book hard to get FP+ passes then.

Friday at the 30 day mark is just a space filler. Plenty of great FP+ will be avaikable. I wouldn't spend a dime to improve FP+ options for one day. It shouldn't factor into your consideration on where to stay Friday.

I read the question differently than the answer of the PP. I think the OP is asking if they should book an onsite room for their arrival Friday to be able to book all of their onsite FP+ 1 day earlier than they otherwise would be able to. Is that right OP?
I would not book a room just for that reason. I don't think it will make a big difference.
Good Luck

You won't be able to book your FP+ for your entire stay based on that 1 Friday night reservation. You will be able to book FP+ at 60 days for Friday and Saturday. What were you planning to do for Friday night if you were not staying on property?

No, stay where you want for the first nights. Book FP+ when available for your stay.

I think it is more of a question of the hassle of checking in somewhere else and having to check out/ move/ check in again the next morning with all your children in tow and heading off to the park. I think it would be worth the extra night stay just to have a more relaxing morning, BUT if your finances are a little tighter...then stay someone else cheaper the night before, go ahead and check in EARLY the next am at your resort hotel and take Disney transport to the MK. The fast pass question shouldn't enter into the decision.

I wouldn't worry about the FP+ part of it, since it's only one day sooner. Since you'll have a car it will be easy to transfer hotels, whether on property or not. You could take this opportunity to stay at a disney resort you were curious about, but staying off-site would allow for that MAGICAL arrival the next morning at Poly. Like, "look, we're in Disney now!", which you might not get with the introduction of a disney hotel that you're just stopping at for a very short time. Does that make sense? Plus, you could probably find a pretty nice off-site hotel for a much better price.

~Cari~ pluto:

I agree with the above poster in that either stay an extra night at the poly or stay offsite and don't plan on an early morning. With 4 kids I can only imagine how difficult it will be to unload everything for just one night. Then pack everything up, get everyone ready and get to the poly to check in AND get to the park early. That sounds like torture.

Since you're driving, I'd stay at an offsite hotel close to WDW. Then get an early start the next morning to make a quick grocery stop for breakfast stuff for room, check into Poly, get your parking passes, leave luggage with Bell Service & head off to a park.
Check for offsite hotel discounts on Mousesavers.com

Thanks...a lot to think about. I didn't realize I could do early check in at the Poly....I think we were going to just drive to the Poly that morning, leave our stuff in the car and grab the monorail for an 8:45 ADR at BOG. Would you even bother trying to check in that early?
As for fast passes....I suppose 1 day isn't much of a difference....will probably take that out of consideration. Just trying to decide on the proximity of the resort to WDW now I guess to get to the Poly and on the monorail by when.... 8????
Thanks for the help!

You can check in that early, no problem. You might even have your room ready. If not, then you could leave your stuff in the car, or check it with bell services.

~Cari~ pluto:

We are driving and arriving late evening on a Friday. We check into the Poly on Saturday but I cant figure out what to do Friday. We have 3 kids ages 3-9 plus an infant with us so that limits our room choices. We can stay at CBR for around $180 or PORS for a little more. We will head to MK Saturday am. Can't figure out if we should stay off property or pay the money for the ability to book FP a day earlier plus having park transportation. What would you do?
I would book the Poly for the extra night especially with three young children. We were in the same situation in 2008 and decided to just pay the extra $300+ for the Boardwalk the extra day. We never regretted it. The week before our trip my husband lost a crown and had to rush to the dentist, my son developed mono two weeks before and was so sick. We were so wiped out by the time we got to the Boardwalk that we were so thankful we did not book somewhere to save money for the first night. Our first day we did one character meal then slept the rest of the day we were so wiped out. From now on I go for easy.

I wouldn't spend the extra money for an onsite night if I wasn't also going to a park that night. No need to unpack and repack everything either. We always have one suitcase reserved for enroute nights. It and perhaps a backpack with our electronics are the only things we need to open until we arrive. If you need groceries, get them on Friday night.

You can check into the resort anytime after 6:00 am. If you do online check in and note your arrival time, there is a chance your room could be ready. If its not, dump all your stuff at Bell Services, grab your stroller and park stuff and head to the monorail.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter