Would you pay for more fast passes?

Would you pay for extra fast passes.

• No, not at any price.

• Yes, but only per fast pass for reasonable amount.

• Yes, up to $25 for unlimited per day.

• Yes, up to $50 for unlimited per day.

• Yes, up to $90 for unlimited per day.

Results are only viewable after voting.
The thing is, Disney's FP isn't a front of the line pass. It's a means to get more people out in Disney, spending money and having a good time instead of waiting in a line. That's why you can only get one every X minutes and you have to wait until X time before you can enter and (now) you can only enter in that time period.

Why would Disney shoot themselves in the foot by making that costy? Most people aren't thrifty and well-planned DISers. They're using the time between getting a fast pass and using it the way Disney intended them to - they're out spending money in air conditioned shops!

A FOL or VIP type pass would be something different entirely and I could see the possibility of Disney charging for that, but, personally, my ROI forecast would be that it wouldn't be a profit maker for them (of course, someone else's ROI might be entirely different).

The thing is, Disney's FP isn't a front of the line pass. It's a means to get more people out in Disney, spending money and having a good time instead of waiting in a line. That's why you can only get one every X minutes and you have to wait until X time before you can enter and (now) you can only enter in that time period.

Why would Disney shoot themselves in the foot by making that costy? Most people aren't thrifty and well-planned DISers. They're using the time between getting a fast pass and using it the way Disney intended them to - they're out spending money in air conditioned shops!

A FOL or VIP type pass would be something different entirely and I could see the possibility of Disney charging for that, but, personally, my ROI forecast would be that it wouldn't be a profit maker for them (of course, someone else's ROI might be entirely different).

Your analysis of what the intention of FP was for Disney is spot on...The thing is, in their eyes it has been a big failure. Therefore a new approach.

Your analysis of what the intention of FP was for Disney is spot on...The thing is, in their eyes it has been a big failure. Therefore a new approach.

Wasn't Disney the first (at least) major theme park to offer FP? Don't all the other theme parks charge for their equivalent of FP?

I see long lines for people who don't have a Disney FP.

Wasn't Disney the first (at least) major theme park to offer FP? Don't all the other theme parks charge for their equivalent of FP?

Isn't it all going to depend on how many fpp they make available? Maybe by limiting the number for each attraction and having a higher number of attractions with the fpp option, and successful crowd distribution by special offers, the stand by lines could improve? Maybe too many ducks to get in a row? But isn't the idea of linking all of the separate systems supposed to address this? It's definitely progressive.

The good thing will be that as the roll out commences, and any time in the future for that matter, they can fine tune all aspects with a little programming. Not getting the response desired from specials? change them. Too many people in fantasy land around noon? increase the number of fpp available for the time period at BTMR...etc.

How about keep a limited number of dining reservations to offer at select locations to people who may not have an ADR? They will know who has what and where they are.

Any way-- on topic-- I would think they will at least have a tiered system for the number of fpp each day. Basing on resort level would make most sense. Every thing comes down to how much you pay for it.

I would like a new corvette. I can't afford one. I am not upset with Chevy for making them.

I think you're correct on both counts. And I think the long lines are not going to be a concern for Disney going forward. I think it'll be our choice to pay or wait.

Isn't it all going to depend on how many fpp they make available? Maybe by limiting the number for each attraction and having a higher number of attractions with the fpp option, and successful crowd distribution by special offers, the stand by lines could improve? Maybe too many ducks to get in a row? But isn't the idea of linking all of the separate systems supposed to address this? It's definitely progressive.

The good thing will be that as the roll out commences, and any time in the future for that matter, they can fine tune all aspects with a little programming. Not getting the response desired from specials? change them. Too many people in fantasy land around noon? increase the number of fpp available for the time period at BTMR...etc.

How about keep a limited number of dining reservations to offer at select locations to people who may not have an ADR? They will know who has what and where they are.

Any way-- on topic-- I would think they will at least have a tiered system for the number of fpp each day. Basing on resort level would make most sense. Every thing comes down to how much you pay for it.

I would like a new corvette. I can't afford one. I am not upset with Chevy for making them.
I don't diagree with any of your logic. But my only response would be does Disney care about guest logic? I personally think this huge undertaking is going to all about profit in one form or another. For sure they'll have to dress it up to fool, er ah, please the masses but a duck is a duck is a duck....

I don't believe this is a revenue building plan, but I don't believe the system will be accepted by Disney guests period.

Reading threads these days I am seeing more and more people moving away form having to set up ADR's 6 months in advance. I believe the same trend will increase and will be applied to FP Plus by guests not wanting to also plan attraction times 6 months out as well.

AKK

I don't believe this is a revenue building plan, but I don't believe the system will be accepted by Disney guests period.

Reading threads these days I am seeing more and more people moving away form having to set up ADR's 6 months in advance. I believe the same trend will increase and will be applied to FP Plus by guests not wanting to also plan attraction times 6 months out as well.

AKK

But in the tests it's been confirmed that you can make same day changes to FPP. Not sure if it will continue to be that way but I think it will.

But in the tests it's been confirmed that you can make same day changes to FPP. Not sure if it will continue to be that way but I think it will.

I understand your point. However I still see more and more comments about how people just don't want to micro manage every minute of their stay, 180 days in advance!

AKK

I understand your point. However I still see more and more comments about how people just don't want to micro manage every minute of their stay, 180 days in advance!

AKK

I get this, but the possibility is that if the majority of people don't make any reservations until, say 30 days advance, there will still be availability. How many times can you not book an adr at two weeks? 180 days is for CRT and now maybe BOG, and probably christmas time.( I would never go then, so I don't know.)

If everyone doesn't book early, things will not be booked up.

AKK

Eh, I was only 90 days out when I booked my upcoming trip and got every one of my ADR's. I'm even going during free dining. I have to book doctor's appointments up to sixth months out and I don't even LIKE going to the doctor. Doing it for something fun is no problem for me. In fact reading all the reviews and crossing my fingers as I input my choices was part of the magic for me.

Ok, now I may get flamed for this but I promise I come in peace. Now, I probably would pay to play for simply being able to tell my kids especially my youngest, that we will be able to see Minnie Mouse, or ride Peter Pan first thing in the morning or right after lunch and walk over there and actually do it at that time with little to no wait. Not spoiling my kids but I think of it as being proactive. Now, backed to possibly being flamed. I don't think Fast Passes would be this much of an issue if WDW had just enforced the times from the day they rolled them out. (Please don't shoot!) I think that would have more than likely cut down on the use and/or would have made you really think about if you should get one or not. Why? Because many of you have said that you do not like having a schedule to keep while on vacation. With that being said maybe if WDW had planned better it could have very well just have been an easy transition to a system similar Universal where as it's a perk to stay on site and just allow on site guest the chance to reserve the same amount FP's in advance just as currently planned and offer off-site guests the option to purchase it but if they do this EVERYBODY should be offered the same amount though. Again, I come in peace. :0) Now, I don't know about you guys but I would rather have a regular dining inclusive of a Deluxe stay than more FP's I mean that might make me consider it more than say a few extra Dumbo rides.

Ok, now I may get flamed for this but I promise I come in peace. Now, I probably would pay to play for simply being able to tell my kids especially my youngest, that we will be able to see Minnie Mouse, or ride Peter Pan first thing in the morning or right after lunch and walk over there and actually do it at that time with little to no wait. Not spoiling my kids but I think of it as being proactive. Now, backed to possibly being flamed. I don't think Fast Passes would be this much of an issue if WDW had just enforced the times from the day they rolled them out. (Please don't shoot!) I think that would have more than likely cut down on the use and/or would have made you really think about if you should get one or not. Why? Because many of you have said that you do not like having a schedule to keep while on vacation. With that being said maybe if WDW had planned better it could have very well just have been an easy transition to a system similar Universal where as it's a perk to stay on site and just allow on site guest the chance to reserve the same amount FP's in advance just as currently planned and offer off-site guests the option to purchase it but if they do this EVERYBODY should be offered the same amount though. Again, I come in peace. :0) Now, I don't know about you guys but I would rather have a regular dining inclusive of a Deluxe stay than more FP's I mean that might make me consider it more than say a few extra Dumbo rides.

Don't get everyone started on free dinning.

Can't answer. There is no "undecided" option.

Until I know the final details, and what value I'd get for the additional money, I can't answer.

I think you're correct on both counts. And I think the long lines are not going to be a concern for Disney going forward. I think it'll be our choice to pay or wait.

or not go at all..... I didn't use THAT many fast passes when we went, but I did use them. If we had had to stand in line for hours the first time we went, we probably wouldn't be returning (we go when most kids are in school for this reason.) There are lots of places across the country to visit.....

Seems to be a lot of chatter that the purpose of the new FP+ is to find a way to monetize fast passes. So let's say you get three free in advance but have to pay for more than that. Universal you pay up to $90 per day for unlimited FP on top of your entry. Would you pay and if so what would be your price?
Yes, up to $90 for unlimited per day. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter