• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Would you Pay $142 Direct Buy For Diney

How long have you been looking? I certainly understand. I have an April UY and have been looking for that right contract since March and just this week I finally found one that fits. While not exactly the amount I wanted, I'm happy with it (if it passes). I wanted closer to 100, but settled with 75 pts. I say hang in there and when the right contract comes along jump on it! No, I would never pay that price that they're asking.

That's wonderful, I have been looking for a contract with an Oct. UY. Where did you buy from, if I may ask?

It was a few years ago, and I wanted BCV, and yes, I paid Disney's prices which were over $100. I'm guessing if you really wanted it, you wouldn't have asked. It is highly unlikely that I'll buy any more points from Disney, but that's an issue of my age, the number of points that I already have as well as the prices that they are asking.

Best wishes.
Bobbi:goodvibes

PS. It's the MF's that are the largest outlay of money, not the buy in price.

Thanks Bobbi, I am trying to hold out buying more, until the Grand Floridian DVC starts to sell. (whenever that will be...) I think we will add on some points there. When we visited it this past July, the GF became one of my husband's favorite resort, and I love it too...although we love BLT for the fantastic location! :love:

Even though it's a short cruise, I think the cruise is a great alternative to going to WDW, especially as you said, you are looking forward to seeing Fantasyland's expansion.

Whatever you decide, I hope you always enjoy your DVC points!

Is that easy to do Kat?

It is a very simple transaction. I also have been keeping an eye out for an add on contract. Different resort, but same UY and October is difficult to find. I will be short points for an upcoming trip and I found someone who was looking to transfer their points. At $10 a point, I decided to transfer in more points than I was originally looking for and this will make it so I don't need to borrow as many 2013 points.

I'd buy at OKW or SSR for almost a 1/3 of the price and take my chances at booking at 7 months if I didn't like OKW or SSR. My family loves OKW, and we're going to try the THV this trip too. $142 is a lot of money when other resorts are selling for the mid to low $50s.

I'd buy at OKW or SSR for almost a 1/3 of the price and take my chances at booking at 7 months if I didn't like OKW or SSR. My family loves OKW, and we're going to try the THV this trip too. $142 is a lot of money when other resorts are selling for the mid to low $50s.

I 100% agree.

I hope original poster does not add fuel to the fire and finance the $140 purchase @ 10% interest

Don't worry, I will not buy in and finance at $142.00.... thanks for the concern :) I will look into resale probably. Addionitis is a scary thing!!:scared1::lmao:

If I were buying in as a new owner today, I might pay the asking price. That's what I did initially and though direct sale prices at the time were the highest they'd ever been in DVC history (low $70s) it seems like a bargain now.

When direct prices were in the $80-90 range, many vowed Disney would be "mad - mad I tell you" to attempt to break the $100 barrier. Well, the $100 barrier has come and gone and people are still buying in seemingly large numbers.

When direct purchase prices start to go down, we will know that Disney has finally exhausted the cash cow. With the rumored GF villas and possible Polynesian on the horizon, I don't see that happening anytime soon though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter