• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Would you marry outside your race?

Would you marry outside your race?

• Yes

• No

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
:)

I voted yes because I am going to. I'm Irish and my fiancee is 1/2 Dominican, 1/2 Puerto Rican. She's so hot. :) Of course, I'm not marrying her just for her looks, but because of who she is. Plus, I love the Hispanic food. Chicken and rice does it to me every time.

cheyita said:
A few years back people may have said that I did (I'm a Polish girl married to a Mexican).

I said yes and I really don't want skin color to matter. Unfortunately, though, I do believe that people who are in that situation do face definite challenges from both sides of the aisle. I don't think it's fair, but it's still an unfortunate fact of life. Therefore, if people do not feel comfortable making that choice because of the treatment by others - particularly thinking ahead toward future children - I can at least understand it a little bit.

Maybe as the generations continue, hopefully that will eventually practically disappear.

Wow! We are the opposite. My husband is Polish and I'm Hispanic. We call our kids Pollikins. :rotfl:

Sandy22 said:
Just who are the 75+ people who voted no? I'm shocked and saddened! I hope I'm not DISing with a bunch of racists. :sad2:
what??? I voted NO...I am not racists!! for me, I am just not ATTRACTED to, never been to someone other then my own race! why is that being racist? I cannot help that!!!! :sad2:
for me....definitely NOT the same-thing!!!.........WOW

WishinOnaStar said:
Wow! We are the opposite. My husband is Polish and I'm Hispanic. We call our kids Pollikins. :rotfl:

LOL - that's the term I use too! How funny.

I voted YEs and here's my story(if you care to know):
I'm black. DH is white. Since I was small, I was just taught not to judge people by superficial, physical things. For example, I'm only 5 ft tall, and growing up I was always pretty small(Ok skinny). I never let that stop me from doing anything and my family would have been mad at me if I did. Even now, Dh will say let me carry that for you, and I respond with why are your hands better than mine? Back on topic, my point is I just don't judge people by what I can see. We have 3 children. All girls. I love when people say oh 3 girls, as if b/c they're the same sex they must be just alike and we should be disappointed b/c we didn't get something "different". Speaking of the 3 girls. My oldest DD I had from a previous relationship with a black guy and when her and my DH (who is her legal father) are together, people must think he kidnapped her or something b/c from what he says he gets all kinds of looks from people(some nice, some not nice). With the other 2 kids, when they were babies in the rear facing stroller, whenever we would pass someone and they would look at DH and I they just had to do what we call "the head whip" as if they just had to see what the product of a black and white person would look like. Oh and by the way, to those of you who think or say things like Bi-racial children are so cute or kids who are black and white are always beautiful let me hand you a clue. That's not a compliment it's a stereotype. My kids are all beautiful, but not b/c of their race. It's b/c I'm beautiful (sorry, I had to lighten the post), and DH isn't bad either. Now given my situation, I wanna say that have nothing aginst racist. Just as I was free to marry my DH I think you should be free to hate me b/c of that(Although if you really wanna hate me I can give you a much better reason than that). As long as you keep your opinions to yourself and off my front lawn or away from my kids, we have no problems. As far as who my kids marry, my middle DD tells me she's gonna marry a girl. She's 3 now so I told her that I hope by the time she's ready to marry that will even be a possiblity for her and that if that's what she chooses it better be a nice girl. For all 3 girls, in this time of Scott Petersons and OJ Simpsons there are so many other concerns for me with them and the person they choose, I just can't fit race on my list (Being an Eagles fan would be nice, but even that didn't make the list). So there's my story.

chadfromdallas said:
Would you at least consider me for a second? You know being a Martian, its hard to find women these days that will ignore the see through skin and the lack of clothes we wear :guilty:
You don't wear any clothes?
Hmmmmm.I'll have to think about this one?

WishinOnaStar said:
My husband is Polish and I'm Hispanic. We call our kids Pollikins. :rotfl:

We call ours Irish Mexicans................especially when they show their temper!

Slightly off topic, I told my dh when I was pregnant with number one that I had dreamed he was born and had red hair. DH told me there are no red-headed Mexicans.............you know where I'm going right? So now everytime we see a red-headed Mexican, I point them out..........so if you are one, and I was a pointer, sorry, but I have to do it, he was just so sure of himself! Several years later I taught a red-headed Mexican named Matthew.............dark skin, red hair..........beautiful combination by the way.

Hi Deb! :goodvibes

I am white and I married oogieboogie who is asian so I voted yes. Actually I have a thing for asians so it worked out just fine in the end. Oogieboogie might not think so hahaha.

WishinOnaStar said:

That's hysterical! My brothers and I refer to ourselves as McRientals!

I said no not because I am racist but because my attraction is with black men. Being of a race goes beyond the color of your skin so when I hear people say color is nothing but a thing it makes my skin crawl. I am who I am because of my color. My upbringing, my experiences, my environment are based on my color. Some by choice, some society chooses for me. I don't judge and think there is anything wrong with someone choosing to date/marry outside their race, to each his own but I know for me and a lot of my same race we are products of the color of our skin.

Thanks Dyan, I know that was kinda long, but I talk that way too(ALOT), so thanks for reading.

Voted YES, as i'm currently a white guy planning on marrying my native american girlfriend :)

Sandy22 said:
Just who are the 75+ people who voted no? I'm shocked and saddened! I hope I'm not DISing with a bunch of racists. :sad2:

YOUR wrong SANDY :sad2:

Just because a person doesn't have an attraction to some one of a different race doesn't mean they're racist. It doesn't mean I 'm racist either. I just choose to marry within my own race and there is NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT!! :goodvibes

I probably would have. I used to have a "thing" for Asian men. But then I met Chris, who is as Irish as I am, and that was that :love:

I voted "other" because I never really found myself attracted to men of a different race so I just can't picture it. THat said if I had ever found myself attracted to someone of a different race and he turned out to be the one, of course I would have married him.... but it the question makes me wonder why I never was attracted to someone of a different race.

BTW I think who you marry is your own personal business. My mother was ostracized by much of her (jewish) family when she married my (catholic) father so race is not the only way reason that someone might want to marry "their own kind" (whatever the heck that means... and ironically, if you want marry someone who is TOO much "your own kind" ie homosexuals, you're not allowed! Make up your mind, marriage police!) Seeing a couple together who are obviously in love makes me smile regardless whether they are gay or straight or what their race or religion are.

I can't imagine not being attracted to an entire race of people. I can think of many attractive men from all different races -- then again, I never had a "type" but instead I usually look for the most attractive quality in a person and focus on that. I guess if one were attracted to only blondes, or only tall guys, I can see why they might not be attracted to an entire race, but I tend to be more widespread in what I find attractive. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter