Would you let your DD have one of these?

This is really nice! It's such a nice gesture and a true act of kindness, but personally, I would prefer it if an adult giving my child something would ask me first if it is all right. Just my personal preference. It is really lovely!

lee said:
This is really nice! It's such a nice gesture and a true act of kindness, but personally, I would prefer it if an adult giving my child something would ask me first if it is all right. Just my personal preference. It is really lovely!

Oh definitely! I planned on asking the parents first! I would never just walk up to a child and start asking them if they would like something... I'm sure it would make the parents and the children feel very uncomfortable! :thumbsup2 (I know I would feel uncomfortable if it were my child!)

I really hope it goes well. I'm so looking forward to Pixie Dusting people! :love:

What a super nice idea! I like the random act of kindness tag too! Wouldn't mind bumping into you in January. Thanks for spreading happiness-the world needs it!

We will be there in Jan. Would love one of your beautiful castles for our DD.
She would be thrilled. How kind of you

I think they are adorable! When and where will you be in January so I can preposition my Princess DD5! :rotfl:

That's so sweet! I know you are really going to make some little girls' days! I just wanted to say not to get discouraged if some parent does look at you like you are a psycho...For the longest time I used to give my kids meal toys away whenever I went to a fast food place (I liked the small portions, but didn't have my own kids to give the toys to) and most parents thought it was great, but one told me "Absolutely not" and looked around like she was going to get a manager or something :confused3

I think it's a wonderful idea. I had a dream last night that I won the lottery and were granting wishes for people at Disney.(if only!! ;) )

But my family will be there in January celebrating my DD 7th and DS 10th B-day. So look for the curliest haired girl at Disney and say hello!!

Those are beautiful. We will be there in July - so if you want to make an extra trip.... ;) My DD6 would LOVE that. Her DM35 would love one too!

They are so cute! My DD would have been thrilled to receive on one our trip, and as long as you asked us first DH and I would have been fine with it! I just took a peek at your wesbite, and your work is just adorable!

wow i love ur work it would be ok with me hope we run in to each other eather way hope u have a great trip and heres some pixiedust: 4 u

I agree with the poster of attaching them to a card. I know my DD would love them, but would be fighting mommy to wear :Pinkbounc But if put on a card for explanation, it would be more of a welcomed gift. What a great idea! All little ones need a distraction at their worst moments and parents get exhausted at times with coming up with a clever way to make them happy. Someone else stepping in with "magic dust" would make everyone's day!

Too bad you aren't going to be there in December :love:

fan_of_small_world said:
They are so cute! My DD would have been thrilled to receive on one our trip, and as long as you asked us first DH and I would have been fine with it! I just took a peek at your wesbite, and your work is just adorable!

I tried clicking on her site to take a peek and it was blocked by DIS. :confused3

I think it would be ok if the person approached me first and asked my permission before giving anything to one of my children. I also like the card idea since it makes the gift appear thought out as opposed to an impulse.

OhioFamily said:
I tried clicking on her site to take a peek and it was blocked by DIS. :confused3

I tried too and was blocked... is there another way to post the info?

I think that it's a sweet idea. As a parent, I would be a little leary at first, but if you approach the parents first and explain what you want to do and get their permission, I think it would be fine.

I think that is a very nice thing to do! My DD6 said she likes the charm and would love to wear one at Disney. Just thought I'd give a 6 YO opinion.

Thanks so much for the encouragement everyone!! I'm working on a design for the little cards right now. I'll post pics of them when they're finished!

Your necklace is very nice - you are very creative!!!! :goodvibes

The only way that I would allow my DD to take it though is if we set up a meeting place ahead of time so I could introduce her to you. If I didn't introduce her to you, than I'm letting her take something from a stranger, which is something I've been preaching her to NEVER do under any circumstance. I'm sure you are a wonderful person, but I need to stand my teachings to her that she never takes gifts from strangers. I hope you understand, because I don't want you to have hurt feelings.

That is really cute! You are very creative and very sweet for taking the time to make the pendants to be given away. You will make quite a few little princesse very happy. I like the idea of a note attatched and asking mom or dad first. We have been asked at WDW and other places if people could give our children something and we always appreciated that the grown-ups asked DH or I first. Yes, we let our children receive the gift. It is very sweet for the children and also demonstrates people sharing and being kind something we are always telling the children to do. :)

Have fun on your RAK mission!!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter