Would you go to WDW by yourself for your birthday?

If you feel self-conscious or have safety concerns about telling people you are solo, just say no, your family had other plans for the day/night/whatever. And for the OP who asks if you seriously can't find anyone to go, that's totally understandable; a Disney trip isn't cheap. Go, and have fun!!!

I've done it a couple of times! Nothing better than going where and when you want. Navigating the crowds is a breeze and don't forget single rider lines :)

It's my birthday I can doeI want too. :)

went to WDW last year for my birthday and then a disney cruise. The sail date was my real birthday and i had a blast. In fact my pre birthday i had dinner at CRT and got the birthday package with a tiara a slipper desert i could have gotten the $90 celbration that had a princess cake but i had no where to put it. After dinner i went to MNSSHP in a princess Belle dress and no one made any unkind remarks. On the cruise i got a birthday package that was realy nice. I'm going to wdw again for my birthday for the whole week. So go have fun it's your birthday and you can do anything you want.

Yes yes yes! I've done 2 solo trips and they were awesome! I'm not the most adventurous person in the world, either, but WDW alone is so liberating and fun. And I've done multiple TS meals solo and am already plotting which places I want to try next time. Don't be shy about dining or meeting characters by yourself. I have never been conscious on my solo trips of anyone (CM or guests) looking at me funny, or expressing any negative reactions about my being alone. (In fact, the only comment I've gotten was this year waiting to meet Merida; the last CM before you get to Merida asked me cheerfully, "Are ye travellin' solo today?" and I told her yes. I think it was her way of making sure of how many in my party.)

Oh, and this wasn't at Disney, but the past 2 years on the closest Saturday to my b'day, I've treated myself to lunch alone at a favorite restaurant locally.

Go for it!

You've already been to WDW by yourself before, so I'm not sure why you feel that this one would be that much of a different experience. I'd go by myself in a heartbeat, but since my birthday is always close to Mother's Day, my kids would probably disown me if I tried that.

As for TS restaurants- I don't think it's any different than dining solo any where, any time. Tons of people do it every day. Just make your ADRs and enjoy your meals. There's nothing odd about it and I don't know why anyone else would give it a second thought. Wear your birthday button and enjoy the 'best wishes' from all the CMs.

I would go to New York or Hawaii alone. But, probably not disney. But, if that's what you love then go for it!!!!!! I'm sure you will receive xtra special service

I went to WDW solo last year for my birthday and I loved it! Lots of people wished me happy birthday (ok I had my button on) - and I had a great time. If you are the kind of person who has a good time when you are on your own - Disney is a great place to enjoy solo. I felt special and loved!:goodvibes

I personally wouldn't go alone but I think you should go if you want to! I can't see enjoying a solo vacation but many people do and to them i say...go and have a blast!

Do you think people would feel sorry for me and give me strange looks for celebrating my birthday by myself? Especially in the table service places?

I would totally recommend doing a solo trip. I did my first one about four years ago, and really enjoyed myself. I'm used to splitting up from my group for two or three hours at a time on my regular trips, so I thought my solo trip would be an extension of this. It was a little strange at first, but I really enjoyed myself. I won't say that I didn't have a few lonely moments, but all in all I had a great time. Luckily, I'm fairly outgoing and often struck up conversations with folks in line. I love to ask kids what their favorite ride is, and why!

Regarding your question about whether people will feel sorry for you eating solo, don't give it a second thought. Most folks are totally involved in their own lives and don't pay that close of attention to others. In fact, I have been single for many years, and often do things alone in my regular life (go to restaurants, movies, etc.). Believe me, no one will give you a second thought - they're all involved in their own stuff. If you feel uncomfortable, bring a book or other distraction when you're dining solo. It's also fun to people-watch!

My birthday is Dec. 27th. As an adult I've gotten used to having birthdays fade into the background on holidays, to the point that I prefer that very few people even recognize them. While I probably would never leave my family at home to take a trip to WDW, I would like sometime to spend one whole day each in MK and Epcot to explore at my own pace, people watch, nap on a bench or whatever without having to worry about what everyone else wants to do and where we have to be next. I personally would feel strange about eating at a TS solo, but that's just because I don't like attention and prefer to have others around at meals to draw attention away. I say if its something you want to do then go for it and don't give a thought a to what anyone else thinks. :thumbsup2

I say go for it! :D I did a two-week solo trip to London and Ireland a few years ago and it was a wonderful time. I've also done some solo trips to the world and never felt uncomfortable.

One of the nicest parts of going solo is you can do whatever you want whenever you want and so long as you're not endangering anyone, who cares what they say? :)

If you are able to be where you want to be on your birthday - do it.

You've asked others and they've said - no.
So...now go have fun! Life is too short to worry about what other people think.
You'll still be able to spend Thanksgiving with your family since the timing is different this year. The away time in WDW could be a really great experience to have right before a family holiday.

I just went to Disneyland solo for a couple days, then went with some friends for the next few. I have to say that the solo part was much better! I saw things I've never seen before, spent an hour looking through attraction posters and cells at World of Disney, and just took everything in.

When I go in November, I plan on at least a few days solo reading the Imagineering field guides and walking around looking at details and what not before my family comes.

I say you go for it and enjoy yourself!

If no one was willing to go with me, probably. I'm pretty stubborn and am a huge Disney nerd. Also, we're both November babies. XD I'm only 20, but I was born November 9th. :) I don't think we've ever gone during Thanksgiving, though. We always try to pick a time close to my birthday that isn't too crowded. This year, we will finally be going to Disney "land" instead of Disney World, and we will be going the first week/weekend of October as an early birthday gift, since I am also a huge fan of Halloween and Tim Burton.

Can't wait to ride Haunted Mansion Holidays!!! I'll probably have my copy of "The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy and Other Stories" by Tim Burton in my purse with me while I ride and hail the Pumpkin King. <3

Absolutely! I've gone by myself many times before, and I'll do it again. It's all in the mindset, and how you approach the day in the park on your own. It's not better or worse than going with a group, but it is different. Sometimes it can be quite liberating to change things up like that.

Sometimes I take off on my own for a while when we travel and I think nothing of it. We have different interests and needs and it's good to be alone to do our thing once in a while. How would anyone know if you were doing the same or just there the whole time on your own? I doubt that anyone would really think a thing of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter