Would you go to WDW by yourself for your birthday?

KittyKat1978

DIS Veteran
I will be turning 35 this year. I have always wanted to be in a disney park on my birthday, but it's usually Thanksgiving week. This year Thanksgiving is later. :dance3:

No one will come to WDW with me for my birthday (my mom is afraid it will be too big as she has lower back/hip/knee issues and refuses to get a wheelchair/scooter).

So, my question is, would you go to WDW by yourself for your birthday. I am thinking of throwing a 3 day cruise in there as well (a few days in the parks, cruise, then back to the parks).

Do you think people would feel sorry for me and give me strange looks for celebrating my birthday by myself? Especially in the table service places?

I have been to WDW twice on my own but have not eaten at many table service places. I would prefer to have my mom come, but I just don't think it's in the cards:sad1:

saw a lady there who did it. She had tiara and stash and everything. She even participated in ETWB and she seemed to be very happy. I filmed for her, and I think she was planning on buying PP.

YES! Go by yourself if you like. I've done a solo trip and did several table
service meals alone. I have found the CMs to be very kind, and they all took
great care of me.

Yes they asked if I was alone and then they brought me a creme brulee for free. With a candle in it.

You need to go! Celebrate! Enjoy your WDW Birthday solo!

I have gone solo quite a few times (see my signature) and absolutely love it. I eat at TS restaurants, I hit the rides, I shop to my hearts content (mostly window shopping but still it's fun), take pictures like a crazy woman.

I adore my solo trips to WDW and have another one coming up soon. :banana:

If you want to celebrate your birthday in WDW, then do so! I was actually planning a solo trip for the week of my birthday, but then a friend decided to come along too so it'll just be the two of us. Have a magical birthday!

I have never been solo however if I was - there wouldn't be a better place to go to celebrate your Birthday ! Don't forget to wear your Birthday button you'd be surprised how many warm wishes you get making you feel right at home. I went for my 30th had a great memory. I hope your mom has second thoughts !

Absolutely go for it! I would and I would buy myself a present as well! What dates will you be there?

KittyKat1978 said:
I will be turning 35 this year. I have always wanted to be in a disney park on my birthday, but it's usually Thanksgiving week. This year Thanksgiving is later. :dance3:

No one will come to WDW with me for my birthday (my mom is afraid it will be too big as she has lower back/hip/knee issues and refuses to get a wheelchair/scooter).

So, my question is, would you go to WDW by yourself for your birthday. I am thinking of throwing a 3 day cruise in there as well (a few days in the parks, cruise, then back to the parks).

Do you think people would feel sorry for me and give me strange looks for celebrating my birthday by myself? Especially in the table service places?

I have been to WDW twice on my own but have not eaten at many table service places. I would prefer to have my mom come, but I just don't think it's in the cards:sad1:

I totally would. Someday I will!

I'd sure as heck go alone! why not? Honestly, its strange, but my disney wish has always been to try disney world SOLO. Dining and everything! I just want to know what its like going alone, doing what I wanna do, eating where ever i want. I can imagine the fun i'd have alone! (can you tell im a happy loner? lol). :lmao:

I'd do it in a heartbeat. In fact, I get one late afternoon/night at MK alone next month due to a work conference, and I am SUPER excited!!

Would I visit a Disney park on my own, perhaps; on my birthday - nope, I want to be with my loved ones on my birthday.

I haven't but that's because my birthday is July 4th and it's too hot, crowded, etc. If my birthday was a different time of year I would be there with bells on. Go for it!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter