Would you go to 'Ohana before MVMCP?

Soph&HanMom

Mouseketeer
I have a 5:05 ressie at 'Ohana the night before MVMCP. We could not get in to eat here in our last trip in May so I secured a ressie as soon as I was able. I've read that service is slow and they have huge waits- now I'm having second thoughts. Would we be able to eat and make it to the party in time or should I
schedule a late lunch somewhere else? We are planning on hitting MK early that morning riding some rides, taking a nap, dinner then party. The closer I get to leaving the more I second guess what sounds like a good plan in my head.

I think you'll be fine. The worst wait is in the line to check in for your reservation. We had a 5:15 ressie earlier this month and were seated within 5 minutes of checking in, and were done eating in an hour. Plan to arrive by 4:45 to get in line to check in, and be sure to mention to your server that you are on your way to the party so they don't take their time serving you. More times than not, we feel rushed at 'Ohana since the food just keeps coming and coming. Have fun! :goodvibes

Personally, I like to do an earlier dinner (or a sit down at lunch time) if I am going to MVMCP or MNSSHP. We like to get there earlier since you can get in at 4:00 with your ticket (we have AP's so time isn't as much of an issue) and the crowds seem to start getting smaller late afternoon. With those dining ressies, you won't be to MK until appx 6:30 or 6:45, which "wastes" almost 2 hours of pre-party ride time even though it doesn't officially open/start until 7:00. We have found that you can get a bunch of rides out of the way early then do the dedicated party stuff once you hit 7:00.

With that being said, if you can't go to Ohana's any other night, I would not give it up.....we LOVE O'hana's, one of our favorites.....love the bread pudding with banana foster on top....yummmmmo!

I don't know about other people but I hate to eat a big meal before going to the party, it makes me feel tired.
I usually do a light meal before going to the MVMCP. My favorite is to go to the tea at the GF and then during the party eat at a counter service.

We will also be doing Ohana before MVMCP at 5:05. It was the only night it worked for our schedule. My original plan was to go to MK for early entry to the party and do rides, but when Ohana came available two weeks ago, I grabbed it. I actually felt giddy after I booked it:banana:!

So now, we will be going to MK in the morning to get in all the headliner rides, then head to DTD for a bit, then go to Ohana for dinner, then MK for party stuff. I don't plan on hitting many rides during the party, we are going there to do party stuff, any rides will be a bonus.

I wouldn't do a big dinner right before the party and reschedule Ohana and would prefer to get to the MVMCP as close to 4pm as possible to get some of the rides out of the way. Then when the party/events start at 7pm, you can devote your time to them.

But if you absolutely can't get Ohana for another time, then stick with it and make sure you hit the rides you don't want to miss in the morning, so you can do party stuff after 7pm.

Either way, have fun!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter