would you go to Nickhotel from 5PM-11AM?

ldo

DIS Veteran
We are flying into MCO the day before a cruise in March. We would arrive at Nickhotel at 5 PM and would have to leave by 11 AM---we have 3 Nick crazy kids. Is it worth it to go for such a short time? Is there lots to do at night (that we don't have to pay extra for)? Elaine --ps--we just got a pretty good rate via travelzoo----so we're not talking blowing $300 for this.

if you got a good rate - then go for it.

would definitely leave earlier than 11am - some crusies have things to sign up for that you must be there earlier to get. ask your cruise if it has anything.

the swimming pool is the big thing - so just bring their suites - and for you a good book.

We are actually doing one night here during our April trip. We are staying on Disney property (Ft. Wilderness Cabins) for 10 days, but are double booked for one night in the middle of the week at the Nick hotel. My daughter really wants to do the character breakfast (she saw pictures from when my nephew stayed there last year) and you can only do the character breakfast if you stay at the hotel. We don't want to check out of our cabin and check back in, so we are paying for two rooms that night (and we're paying full price - no discounts). So, I hope to do as much as possible to make it worth it. Anyway, I think if your kids like the Nick characters then this would be a fun night for them before the cruise. I hear the pools are great and from what I understand there are arcades, shows, etc. You could also book the breakfast for the morning before you check out if they are interested in that.

Have a great trip!

I would for sure. Then the kids can at least stay there and enjoy it. I would suggest going earlier to your cruise though, we are usually there to check in by 9am and are the first ones on the ship

We stayed there when we went to Universal before Disney for 3 nights. Just note that the waterslides close at 9:00p.m., but the pools are open a little later and all the activities at the pool, like the sliming and all that, are done before 5:00 p.m.. We thought that the food in the resturant was nasty, buffet style. The best thing we ate was at Subway in the food court. Also there are game shows that you can go and watch and participate in the evening but you have to reserve your seats early from what I read. We were always at Universal too late to do this. The kids room is the size of a large walk in closet with bunkbeds on one side and then a pull out bed (if you can even call it that) under the TV, which is small. We said that we would not go back, the kids agree and they are also HUGE Nick fans. I think for the time that you will be there I would personally just rent a cheaper hotel with a pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter