• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Would you go or would you let your child go to a haunted house if...

mzmickey

Mouseketeer
you knew that the person running it also had a fetish web site based on it?

My friend's daughter wants to go to a haunted house, so my friend did some research on it. She found some links between the haunted house and this fetish site, as in the same pics were on both sites so it appears that the haunted house may be used for the site?

This haunted house benefits several local charities in the area and I am not sure of the whole story, but I know that I would not go and my friend is not letting her daughter go.

Just wondering if anyone else finds this outrageous?

My gut reaction is to say that my underage child would not be going to the Haunted House.

Does the fetish involve children? :confused:

I think I would need more information.

I am sorry...what kind of "fetish" are we talking about??? Shoes, socks, hairdo's or something of a more intimate (read gross) nature?

I don't want to give too many details as I don't want to identify this place.

It does not involve children, it is on the medical side involving people hooked up to different pieces of equipment such as EKG monitors and such. The haunted house is themed as a hospital.

Yikes. O.K., let me get this straight. The people who are running this haunted house also have a website where they have an abnormal interest in people in hospitals. Is this interest sexual in nature?

Either way, if the haunted house is also set up as a hospital, I think I'd have to say no, my kid would not be visiting. :eek:

Originally posted by mzmickey

It does not involve children, it is on the medical side involving people hooked up to different pieces of equipment such as EKG monitors and such. The haunted house is themed as a hospital.

That sounds really sick. I know I'd worry if my neices and nephews were going there, that is for sure. I don't really think serious medical issues that involve being hooked up to machines are something to be mocked or taken lightly. That just sickens me.

If it was a foot fetish, or something that is relatively common, maybe it would not be so bad. But medical stuff? That crosses the line in my world.

I would definitely have to say no. Sounds really sick and disgusting to me. Blah!

Would I go? What exactly are you accusing me of there?????

:crazy:

No thank you, my children are quite odd enough without that particular experience to warp them. :earseek:

I wouldn't go, or take kids, even if it wasn't connected to a fetish site. IMO, kids are often scared enough of hospitals and all things medical anyway; no need to make it a terrifying place on purpose!

Doesn't sound like the kind of family time my family would enjoy. We don't even do "regular" haunted houses. The only Halloween movies I'll watch are on the Disney Channel. :)

Are you sure that this fetish site isn't using pictures of this hospital themed haunted house all on their own and the haunted house has nothing to do with it?

Well, I know that the same name is displayed on both sites as the creative/designer person.

I'm not sure of the connection, but it is just too close for comfort for me. Good to see I am not the only one that feels that way.

What happened to the days of haunted houses being fun?

Originally posted by EsmeraldaX
If it was a foot fetish, or something that is relatively common, maybe it would not be so bad.

:eek:

No, I would not let my child go to that Haunted House....

Originally posted by mzmickey

Why not? If it's as unacceptable as it sounds, others here who have kids in the same area you live in deserve to be warned.

Whatever, given the description you gave, I suspect this is either the:

"Morbid Manor Hospital" attraction in Indianapolis

or

The "Toxic Asylum Haunted Hospital" in Sinking Spring, PA

or

the annual "Haunted Hospital" Halloween attraction at the old Waverly Hills Sanatorium in Lousiville, KY

calmdown.JPG

Call me crazy but I am thing a great place for a DIS meet :p

OK....now that just cracked me up! LOL:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I don't know about you somedays mokeyboy!

This is strange, not necessarily bad but strange. Why not take your child to another haunted house if you have doubts. There are certainly plenty of them around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter