Would you go on a job interview

I know I won't want the job because it's a job for a "I would like to speak with you about a career with Aflac. We are currently seeking Immediate Managers and Self-Motivated Professionals. If you are looking to begin or further your career as a Business Professional, this is an excellent opportunity." They are going to sell me to be an insurance agent. lol

Not really my kind of job. I have no interest at all. I would like the interview practrice but having zero interest in the job would probably mean I won't do my "best" interview, KWIM?

I do think I am going to skip it because the "interview" times don't work well for me. I will go to my next real interview though. If I get one...lol

Go for it. Every time you interview you are gaining experience for future interviews. If you are offered a position, you can turn it down and gain the knowledge that you presented yourself well and impressed the interviewer. If you are turned down, you can request a phone chat with the interviewer and ask for insight into what you can improve upon for future interviews.

No I would not waste their time. I would thank them but politely decline. I am not sure why you would need interview experience.:confused3 Just go and be yourself and answer the questions honestly. There is no trick to it that I am aware of. :confused: Good luck in your job search!

No, I wouldn't go on an interview if I know going in I have absolutely no interest in the position. I don't want to waste my time and I wouldn't want to purposely waste someone else's time.

I looking at this from a potential employee point of view.

HR people waste so much of our time, when they darn well know they aren't going to hire you.

Take the practice, you might just be so relaxed and find it enjoyable.

I agree! Interviewing is SO different these days, compared to 5 or 10 years ago - that the practice would be helpful if you are going to be considering a job change.

And - I couldn't agree about the comment that there is a lot of wasted time with the whole hiring process.

My university's career center offers mock interviews for students (and I think alumni). Something like that could be a good resource also because they are able to follow up with you on what you did right and what could use improvement. My ex went to one before his first "grown up job" interview and it helped him a lot.

My university's career center offers mock interviews for students (and I think alumni). Something like that could be a good resource also because they are able to follow up with you on what you did right and what could use improvement. My ex went to one before his first "grown up job" interview and it helped him a lot.

I think this would be more useful. Practice and feedback would be more helpful than interviewing for a job you don't want.

I see that you've decided to take a pass. I would go for it because I need the practice for job interviews. Besides until you hear what they have to say, you don't absolutely know you don't want the job (if they even offer it to you).

I wouldn't give a second thought to wasting the time of an interviewer. It is that persons job to find out about you, find out if you're a fit, and try to convince you to consider accepting(if they like you.)

In any case, good luck with the job search:)

I see that you've decided to take a pass. I would go for it because I need the practice for job interviews. Besides until you hear what they have to say, you don't absolutely know you don't want the job (if they even offer it to you).

I wouldn't give a second thought to wasting the time of an interviewer. It is that persons job to find out about you, find out if you're a fit, and try to convince you to consider accepting(if they like you.)

In any case, good luck with the job search:)

Yes, it is that person's job to find a person to fill a position within their company, but it is not their job to give practice interviews to people entering the workforce who have no intention of accepting the position.

I know I won't want the job because it's a job for a "I would like to speak with you about a career with Aflac. We are currently seeking Immediate Managers and Self-Motivated Professionals. If you are looking to begin or further your career as a Business Professional, this is an excellent opportunity." They are going to sell me to be an insurance agent. lol

Not really my kind of job. I have no interest at all. I would like the interview practrice but having zero interest in the job would probably mean I won't do my "best" interview, KWIM?

I do think I am going to skip it because the "interview" times don't work well for me. I will go to my next real interview though. If I get one...lol

I don't appreciate people wasting my time and I show the same courtesy. If you aren't interested, don't waste their time or yours.

Exactly what I bolded. I would expect that this 'interview' would be pretty useless anyway -- not at all what you will experience in an interview for a 'real' position.

No I would not waste their time. I would thank them but politely decline. I am not sure why you would need interview experience.:confused3 Just go and be yourself and answer the questions honestly. There is no trick to it that I am aware of. :confused: Good luck in your job search!

A lot of people get nervous the first time around in a while. A few interviews can help one get used to the process without freaking out.

Heck - one job interview (and I wanted the job) I was interviewed for 6 hours by about 8 people. Only one was HR, while the rest were my prospective managers and colleagues. One interviewer was fairly inexperienced, and I ended up trying to calm her down because she was obviously nervous.

Yes, it is that person's job to find a person to fill a position within their company, but it is not their job to give practice interviews to people entering the workforce who have no intention of accepting the position.

Again, I've had way too many experiences with a company that was required to interview X number of people for a position, even though they already had a candidate they were going to offer.

Certainly in my field, there are a lot of H-1B applicants who are well qualified. However, a company can't hire someone under the H-1B program unless they theoretically make an effort to find someone to meet their requirements. A lot of companies might tailor their requirements such that a specific candidate is perfect, and then conduct the required interviews of people who don't meet the requirements, but where the interviews are supposed to prove they tried.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter