Would you go on a game show?

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
And provided you were selected, which game show would you go on? I'd like to go on the Price is Right to play Plinko, as that's my favorite game on that show lol. Also Wheel of Fortune, I feel like it's easy money to be won on that show.

I have always wanted to be on the Price! I've watched it since I was a kid. I think I'd be pretty good at it depending on the game I get to play. Plinko is probably the most fun to watch, but people usually don't win that much. If it's a cash game, I think I'd want It's in the Bag. That's an easy $16K right there. For a car game, I'd want Lucky 7 - I win that more often than not playing at home. If I play Temptation, I take the prizes, period!

I don't think so, the thought of having to be up there in front of so many people is terrifying. I always used to sabotage myself playing Who Wants to be a Millionaire at DHS because I didn't actually want to be in the hot seat.

Price is Right or Wheel would be fun. Amazes me the people who are contestants and say they have watched the show for years then seem to have no idea how the various games work. I agree about Plinko, everyone gets SO excited to play but most win very little. Or the game to win a car where you to pick the first 2 and last 2 numbers. There are ALWAYS 3 possible choices for the first two numbers (i.e. 27-28-29) and many still don't seem to realize that. Or 'Pay the rent' for $100,000 you NEVER put the lowest priced item in the mailbox. You need to pair it up with some other higher priced item to stay below the price of the most expensive item. It is funny when the people in the audience yell out a number for one of the other games like they somehow know the 4th digit of the car is a specific number.............LOL.

Or the clueless ones who call a letter on Wheel already called. Many don't seem to realize that buying vowels can help to fill in the other words so you can more easily solve the puzzle.

I have NO idea how most Jeopardy contestants can accumulate so much knowledge about such obscure topics. Unless you are REALLY good with such things, doubt it makes any sense to try out for that show.

Jeopardy is the dream. But Plinko would be fun too!
DH and I have taken the Jeopardy test multiple times over the years but we've never been contacted. He would do much better than I would on the show. He reads ALL the time, and on all sorts of topics.
I'd go on Wheel with Pat, but not with Seacrest!

no personal desire to do so but have gladly cheered for those i've known who have-

college prof who went on sale of the century with the intent of 'buying' as many vacations as possible. he did very well and calculated he would be able to travel for about a decade of summers 'far away' from his students :p

guy i knew briefly during high school, very sweet and kind-5 time jeopardy champ/tourny of champions and ultimate tourny of champions participant.

I would do Price is Right or Press Your Luck. Wheel of Fortune would be easy money but I'm not sure how well I'd do. I'd really like to do the new show, Raid the Cage. I think I would be good at that game and I would have to get a good partner.

Price is Right or Wheel would be fun. Amazes me the people who are contestants and say they have watched the show for years then seem to have no idea how the various games work. I agree about Plinko, everyone gets SO excited to play but most win very little. Or the game to win a car where you to pick the first 2 and last 2 numbers. There are ALWAYS 3 possible choices for the first two numbers (i.e. 27-28-29) and many still don't seem to realize that. Or 'Pay the rent' for $100,000 you NEVER put the lowest priced item in the mailbox. You need to pair it up with some other higher priced item to stay below the price of the most expensive item. It is funny when the people in the audience yell out a number for one of the other games like they somehow know the 4th digit of the car is a specific number.............LOL.

Or the clueless ones who call a letter on Wheel already called. Many don't seem to realize that buying vowels can help to fill in the other words so you can more easily solve the puzzle.

I have NO idea how most Jeopardy contestants can accumulate so much knowledge about such obscure topics. Unless you are REALLY good with such things, doubt it makes any sense to try out for that show.

Oh, I know! Sometimes I am just floored by poor decisions made by Price contestants wearing a t-shirt about how they've been watching for 40 years! I'm like, really? You know in Cover-up you only need to get one right, so get the first one and deliberately flub the rest? Then get the second right and repeat? Pay the Rent is tricky for sure, but yeah, the lowest priced item never goes in the mailbox! I think people get up there and it's probaly a little surreal and they can't think straight.

I'd like to be on Supermarket Sweep. As a kid I wanted to be on Double Dare, Finders Keepers, and most other Nick game shows of the late 80s/early 90s.

Oh man, Double Dare would have been awesome! Come to think of it, it still would be!

I would do Price is Right or Press Your Luck. Wheel of Fortune would be easy money but I'm not sure how well I'd do. I'd really like to do the new show, Raid the Cage. I think I would be good at that game and I would have to get a good partner.
I love Raid the Cage! I think I would kill on that game, but I don't know who I'd do it with as a partner.

I've also always wanted to be on Amazing Race, but again, finding the right partner would be key. My wife and I agreed a long time ago we'd kill each other if we were paired up on that show. :rotfl2:

Brian, I realized that also about cover up. The same with one away. Most always the first number in that game should be 2 not 3. Say higher and the others if wrong, lower.

Dad and I years ago attended a Price taping. We did not get picked. I would love to play Plinko or Let em Roll. I would not want to be part of a game that required me to do a lot of on screen talking. I am a quiet reserved lady and would not care for the attention.

Dad many years ago as in the late 70's or early 80's tried out for Wheel. He didn't jump up and down or apparently give off enough of an extroverted personality to be picked. I do have a friend who was on Wheel.

Closest I have been is playing Deal or No Deal on a cruise.

I had never seen how it worked on a cruise and was trying to figure out how we would know if we won when I saw my name up on the screen on the stage.

I had been selected to be the one actually picking the cases and deciding if it was a Deal or No Deal.

I had a blast picking the cases and deciding if I was going to accept the deal. I don't remember the exact numbers but it ended up coming down to the next to last deal. I think the offer was $400 or so but there was still a larger case available so I said no deal so we went to the final round. In the end I think I I ended up with about $150 because I took the deal. I had initially selected the case with the penny.

Last edited:
Brian, I realized that also about cover up. The same with one away. Most always the first number in that game should be 2 not 3. Say higher and the others if wrong, lower.

Dad and I years ago attended a Price taping. We did not get picked. I would love to play Plinko or Let em Roll. I would not want to be part of a game that required me to do a lot of on screen talking. I am a quiet reserved lady and would not care for the attention.

Dad many years ago as in the late 70's or early 80's tried out for Wheel. He didn't jump up and down or apparently give off enough of an extroverted personality to be picked. I do have a friend who was on Wheel.

Oh yeah, One-Away is a little trickier, but best case scenario, the Mighty Sound Effects Lady says that you have one number right (the first one), and no others! Then you're golden. With Cover Up, you know which numbers you have right. I guess the only issue would be accidently getting some right. Honestly, I'd win that game 99 times out of 100.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter