Would you "get" this costume?

Gillyrose779

DIS Veteran
Trying to think of family costume ideas as my husband and youngest are not fond of dressing up. I design shirts on Cafepress and saw this idea somewhere so I decided to make my own. The question is- if my husband or son wore this t-shirt only would you get the costume?

http://www.cafepress.com/+george_kids_all_over_print_tshirt,1377946168

I would love honest feedback- good and bad.

Also, how the heck to you add pictures to posts? I wanted to do that instead of the link but I guess I am not that tech savvy.

Trying to think of family costume ideas as my husband and youngest are not fond of dressing up. I design shirts on Cafepress and saw this idea somewhere so I decided to make my own. The question is- if my husband or son wore this t-shirt only would you get the costume?

http://www.cafepress.com/+george_kids_all_over_print_tshirt,1377946168

I would love honest feedback- good and bad.

Also, how the heck to you add pictures to posts? I wanted to do that instead of the link but I guess I am not that tech savvy.

Sorry, I don't know what it's supposed to be. :confused3 It does look "costumey" though, so I would just assume I didn't get it if I saw someone wearing it.

I like it but seems to simple that not many will make the connection. I think it is perfect if they don't want to dress up and you like the idea of only big monsters inc fans figuring it out and maybe commenting on it I think it's perfect.

For those who don't know it is from Monsters Inc.
The poor monster that keeps getting picked on with Code 2319!!!

tumblr_inline_n4ia8tYXgD1rbjijb.gif

Found a pic of this kids shirt
BnJgphlCUAAAWP2.jpg

OK, I did get it, after looking at the back! It is kind of vague (unless the rest of the family does a Monsters theme), but if it's the only "costume" they'll wear, I'd go for it.

I get the costume, but not the price. $50??? :confused3 I would get a yellow shirt, dye part of it orange, and add a real sock. Should cost less than $10.

Thanks for the comments. I'm thinking of making a Mike and Sully version and then I can be Boo.

It says $50 but they are always min. 30% off plus I usually get them at cost since I'm a seller on the site.

From the front I didn't get it at all. It looked Minecraft to me. I've seen way better T-shirt costumes.

I got it once I looked at the back.

I like the kids one with more stripes better though. I think it looks more like the actual monster. Love the concept though!

You could make it better by getting a t-shirt and gluing on faux fur and a real sock. Would be simple, cheap, and more like a costume then just a fun Disney tee

I didn't get it at all from the front. I did get it when I looked at the back, but it really didn't work for me.

Thanks for the comments. I'm thinking of making a Mike and Sully version and then I can be Boo.

It says $50 but they are always min. 30% off plus I usually get them at cost since I'm a seller on the site.

You should be able to make all of those shirts for less than $20 total by getting them at a craft store. They are so simple to make. Plain tees, a few bottles of t-shirt paint (and perhaps orange dye) and a sock are all you need. :goodvibes

I love it! I would not have gotten it at all if he was walking towards me, but if he turned around and I saw the back, I would have been laughing out loud. Subtle, not to costumey for those who don't like costumes, but with a big dose of humor for those who figure it out (which should be easy if the rest of your are Monsters Inc/University characters). I think it is great!

I think the kids one with the stripes looks more like the monster if you could find one like that.

I wouldn't have gotten it, I must have not paid attention to that part of the movie ;) we have Monsters Inc but don't watch it a ton. I think for people who know that part though that seeing it paired with other Monsters Inc costumes they would totally get it

I didn't get it until I saw the back, then I got it immediately. I think it is cute especially if everyone else in the family will be dressed as someone from Monsters, Inc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter