Would you fly AirTran?

gomomgo

Mouseketeer
Looking for advice / opinions. I'm looking to travel from MCO to PHL in June.

We've traveled AirTran several times out of Philly to MCO. We've had no problems at all. I do prefer Southwest but will fly which ever is cheapest between AirTran, Southwest or Spirit.

Thank you - you caught me just as I am going to book AirTran. The fare is $100 which I am ok with. Plus, I can check in from the resosrt and use ME for my bags which is an added benefit.

I fly AirTran all the time. Usually manage to get a great fare from them. I also find their employees to be friendly and helpful.

Airtran is awesome!! Excellent service and never a problem with delays etc. Been using them the last two years and had a terrific experiences. In fact I was able to be voluntarily bumped on a flight last year for basically the same non-stop flight two hours later, and got free RT tickets we are using this year so we fly to Disney for free in April!! It was like I hit the lottery for $2k, which is what the cost for 4 of us to to fly from Bos to MCO and back in April was last year!:cool1: This year is now free! I LOVE AIRTRAN!!!:worship:

Their planes are only 2 or 3 years old, and they have free XM satellite radio (they give you free disposable headsets). For a very reasonable fee, you can upgrade to Business class (first class section) if it's available when you get to the airport.

I LOVE Air Tran and always make them my first choice if I can. I'm really annoyed right now, because I had to book Northwest this morning because I couldn't get what I wanted on Air Tran.

We fly out of PHL when going to WDW and have used both Southwest and AirTran. I have no complaints with either airline. I do find the seats more comfortable on Southwest, but that does not prevent me from flying on AirTran. We used to always fly Useless Airways, but we've had too many problems. AirTran and Southwest are FAR cheaper and have better service. I can't comment on Spirit b/c I have never flown with them.

I am glad to hear all of the positive remarks! I did book with them earlier today for my return flight. At first I was disappointed that SW didn't have a reasonable fare on the date I needed, but now I'm glad I can try another airline for a decent price.

we fly air trans all the time love the people all very nice and we fly from phl to orl and back never had a proble.:)

I would and have flown AirTran but honestly I try to avoid them. I don't like how frequently they change their flight schedules. That being said, the two times I flew AirTran there were no issues other than the schedule changes.

Thank you - you caught me just as I am going to book AirTran. The fare is $100 which I am ok with. Plus, I can check in from the resosrt and use ME for my bags which is an added benefit.

I booked Airtrain already, flying out of PHL. One question though, How do you check-in from the resort? I am staying at POP

We're flying out of Philadelphia to Orlando in February. I haven't gotten our tickets yet. The prices are currently pretty high! :(

It's $182 MORE to come home the day we want to come home. So I emailed my AAA rep to see if we can add another night to our reservation. If I'm spending about $200, I'd rather still be IN Disney! :)

That said...we are going to fly USAir. I've never flown AirTran and I'm a little leary...and I don't care to fly Southwest.

Yes I would and just did. We flew home from our vacation this past Sunday on Air Tran from MCO. We had booked this flight last April, went thru numerous changes in flight numbers and times, but when the day came to travel, they delivered a very good experience. I will certainly fly with them again.

I fly to Orlando about 4 times a year now, always use airtran, never had an issue. they have a great nonstop that leaves richmond around 7 or 8 am and a nonstop return every sat around 7 or 8 pm.

we use ME, and check our luggage for the return at the hotel.
I LOVE airtran.

the do tend to change the scheduled times alot if you book really early, but usually only within a few hours., never been an issue with us.

I booked Airtrain already, flying out of PHL. One question though, How do you check-in from the resort? I am staying at POP

It's really easy. On the day of your departure, you can head to the DME (actually RAC) counter. At POP, it's outside by the luggage area. If you are flying home on a participating airline, which AirTran is now, you can check your bags right there, and get your boarding pass. No having to stop and check your bags at the airport. But...this has to be completed no later than 3 hrs. before your flight time. And the counter opens at 5 am and closes around 1-2 pmish. So..if you have a 7:00 am flight, you won't be able to use it. Those with flights departing later than 8 are fine...barely. From what I understand, you can check your bags up to 12 hrs. before your flight.

It turns out that AirTran is the cheapest, so we are flying them for our trip in 1 month. USAir would've been almost $200 more! And we are already paying A LOT for 2 tickets!!!

I was concerned about this too. We will fly from Minneapolis to MCO in May. We usually fly Sun Country, but the tickets are $80 more per person:teacher: (that is alot of Mickey bars!!)
I had read alot about the flight time changes and that makes me nervous. I am booking a nonstop flight, and want to avoid having my flight changed to one with transfers (flying alone with 2 little kids:scared1: ) Reassure me that we will be okay with AirTran, please:grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter