Would you ever spend a day in a Disney park without a camera?

Would you ever spend a day in a Disney park without a camera?

• Never. Are you crazy?

• Maybe without my DSLR, but I at least need a P&S.

• I like one day without a camera for rollercoaster time.

• I usually bring my camera for half the days.

• I only bring my camera for special events/photography day.

• Who am I? What am I doing here?

Results are only viewable after voting.
i voted for i would like to for rollercoasting time,but it would drive me crazy,especially if i saw something really cool that i never saw before. my dh would love to go all day without me stopping to take a pic.lol. i would still have my cell phone and it has a pretty decent camera on it. maybe i picked the wrong answer..lol.

Once last year I just wanted to enjoy the environment and not feel pressured to take pics. I left everything in the room except the P&S because you never know what you might see and want to get proof of.;)

The one time I left my stuff at home was the last. I missed a great opportunity and can only hope itt comes along in the future.

I have recurrent dreams about accidentally forgetting to bring my camera to Disney. In May, I broke my DSLR on our last full day and had to take my brother's P&S to prevent complete withdrawal.

And as far as leaving the camera behind for roller coaster time- the camera comes on the roller coaster!

My DLSR died in Disneyland in 2007. I was never so glad to have a P & S backup.....

Disney is such a visual place. It would drive me nuts to be there without it.

And yes...... I have had dreams about being at Disney and forgetting my camera. Not pretty......

And yes...... I have had dreams about being at Disney and forgetting my camera. Not pretty......

Sometimes it's the camera...sometimes it's the tripod...sometimes it's that I'm at the end of the trip and realize that I forgot to take any pictures...I may need a 12 step program.

I live 30 minutes away..... could know I'm only gonna be there for an hour.... and it would still be hard to not take my camera.

I did in 2000. Only because my first day in Orlando I slipped on the floor of the house I was renting and threw my back out. It took everything I had just to get out of bed and walk the parks so my family vacation wouldn't be affected. I thought I was going to lose my mind. the next day I pumped myself full of pain meds and carried one SLR , by day 3 or 4 I was carrying 2 SLRs

Always have a camera with us, possibly sometimes a p&s. A couple trips back on one of our trips to MK my wife suggested we leave the cam in the room. I almost did but brought it. Turns out we had an evacuation on HM that night! Was so glad we had it for some 'lights on' pics walking out. Since then we know - Never Leave The Camera Behind! :goodvibes

:scared1::scared1::scared1:
Even though I tend to drive my family nuts when I take "Way to many pictures" (according to them). I'm sure I would drive them even nuttier if I didn't have my camera with me.

I guess the closest poll answer for me would be that I prefer to have at least a P&S with me, as I have gone to parks before with only my P&S...and the general answer to the question 'would I ever spend a day without a camera in the parks' would be that I COULD...I just wouldn't prefer to.

As with many, it's just about having it just in case something spectacular catches your eye...at least with the P&S you have some chance...but without a camera, I'd be kicking myself. Yet, I have spent a day in a park with my P&S where I've come out of the park after a 4-5 hour trip with no more than 10 photos...so I can definitely have days where I'm just enjoying myself and few things jumped out at me that I felt I needed to photograph. On a rainy, ugly day, I might choose to leave the DSLR behind and just bring the P&S...or if I drive up to Disney late afternoon, and head into a park before I've bothered to unpack my luggage...the DSLR is all bagged up and I may just grab the P&S. That's the specific reason I always buy ultracompact P&S cameras - I like one so small, so slim, so unnoticeable, that it makes it convenient to go everywhere I ever go and still have a decent quality camera on me (cellphones don't cut the mustard for me as cameras).

I most definitely would go to the parks without a camera. For my past two trips did I tote around most of my dSLR gear and a p&s and a camera phone AND a tripod? Yup. But the times that I went completely camera-free were really fun too. If I saw something particular I thought I'd want to shoot I made a mental note and went back with the camera some other time. If I saw a person or situation I wanted to shoot and didn't have a camera, I usually just shrug it off and enjoy myself.

If I ever had kids, I'd probably never be without at least a p&s because those would be memories I wouldn't be able to replicate another day.

On our last trip I spent one partial night and one partial day without the dSLR. I felt a little twitchy. I was nice not having anything to carry around, having nothing to worry about, being able to devote complete attention to rides/attractions and my wife, but I still found myself looking for photo ops constantly but with no camera to shoot them with. It was like being a dry drunk, I guess. There was no camera, but I was still thinking like there was. I did have my iPhone and took a couple of photos and videos with that...

So now we compromise and I try to give her at least a half-day where I am not carrying the camera and bag so she doesn't feel ignored. :)

On our last trip I spent one partial night and one partial day without the dSLR. I felt a little twitchy. I was nice not having anything to carry around, having nothing to worry about, being able to devote complete attention to rides/attractions and my wife, but I still found myself looking for photo ops constantly but with no camera to shoot them with. It was like being a dry drunk, I guess. There was no camera, but I was still thinking like there was. I did have my iPhone and took a couple of photos and videos with that...

So now we compromise and I try to give her at least a half-day where I am not carrying the camera and bag so she doesn't feel ignored. :)
That's exactly what I do -- I usually leave the camera in the car on the last or next-to-last day of a trip, at least at the park we spend the most time on that day. I know all my standing around with a tripod, shooting endless series of bracketed exposures for HDR tends to drive my wife crazy after a while, so I do this as a concession to her. I'm pretty good at seeing the positives in most situations, so mostly what I think of is how nice it is to not be carrying 15-20 pounds of gear for several hours. But I'd rebel if someone tried to get me to leave the camera at home. I don't do point-and-shoot cameras, so my D300 is a must.

It doesn't hurt the last couple of years that my wife has a D70 she takes with her, even though she uses it much less than I do my D300! :thumbsup2

No way! :O The best souvenirs you can get from Disney are your own photogrpahs :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter