• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Would you eat sardines and tuna on a plane?

monkeybug

<font color=blue>I feel safer when I know where th
Someone on my facebook just posted this-
"I have sardines and canned tuna packed and ready for the plane ride tomorrow. Bless the the people sitting around me. I have a five hour flight and I gotta eat..sorry folks!"

In her defense she's a body builder and on a very strict diet, still, I can't imagine bringing that to eat on a packed plane!

I wouldn't eat that on a dare...nevermind a plane:rotfl: Yuck:lmao:

I wouldn't eat that on a dare...nevermind a plane:rotfl: Yuck:lmao:

LOL, it really doesn't sound very appetizing does it?
I just hope she doesn't sit next to someone prone to air sickness. Can you imagine feeling queasy to begin with and then someone breaks out sardines and tuna? Yikes! :sick:

LOL, it really doesn't sound very appetizing does it?
I just hope she doesn't sit next to someone prone to air sickness. Can you imagine feeling queasy to begin with and then someone breaks out sardines and tuna? Yikes! :sick:

I sure can't:lmao: I had a friend back in the day that was a body builder and he used to eat cold baked potatoes with grape jelly smeared all over them:eek: Used to make me want to hurl to watch him bite into one:eek:

Someone on my facebook just posted this-
"I have sardines and canned tuna packed and ready for the plane ride tomorrow. Bless the the people sitting around me. I have a five hour flight and I gotta eat..sorry folks!"

In her defense she's a body builder and on a very strict diet, still, I can't imagine bringing that to eat on a packed plane!

I am sure that she could substitute for 1 meal. Good thing I am not sitting next to her. The smell of canned tuna makes me want to vomit and I usually have to get up and leave the room if someone has it (although people who know me well enough are nice enough not to eat it around me). Since I wouldn't be able to leave the room here, I would make sure I aimed her way if I got sick.

I can remember going on a road trip with my grandparents when I was in junior high. Grandma popped the top on a can of sardines for their picnic lunch in the car and I was hurling pretty quickly after that.

Motion sickness and sardines are not for the feeble.

I can understand not eating sardines. However, they have those little snack pack of tuna that has the crackers with it. I don't see how anything wrong with that

I might eat it, but only if someone were holding a gun on me. OMG, that just sounds GROSS!! :crazy2: I don't think that there is enough beer to wash down that combination.

with the way airlines are reacting to things, am not sure that is something I would want to do. quite possibly we could read about an airplane making an emergency landing to remove a passenger causing unease among the passengers

I can understand not eating sardines. However, they have those little snack pack of tuna that has the crackers with it. I don't see how anything wrong with that

You may not see anything wrong with it but I can tell you that I am a badddd flyer--the smell of the person next to me eating that would make me hurl. And if I was to hurl from the smell I would assure you that I would aim it at the person who's smell set me off.
I was on line at the supermarket the other day and the person behind me had HORRIBLE chicken soup smelling BO--I actually started gagging and had to force myself not to vomit, so if I smelled tuna or sardines on a plane you can be sure I would vomit!

I wonder if they would even allow a can of sardines in carry on. That pop top can be pretty sharp, you know. ;)

oh gosh! That's terrible! :scared1:

Surely there's something else high protein-low carb she could eat!

I never get on a plane without food, but I usually bring granola bars or something like that. Nothing stinky!

I love tuna, but I can't imagine eating it in a confined area, and a 5 hour flight is a LONG time to be stuck smelling fish!! :sick:

On our last trip to Orlando, we had a very tight connection in Dallas. We didn't even have time to use the bathroom, let alone eat. My older son and I ended up in a row with a girl who said she was a very bad flyer, and was still feeling nauseous from her previous flight. My son and I hadn't eaten in hours and were starving. I asked the girl if she would mind if we took out some snacks. She asked what we were planning to eat, and I told her we had trail mix and goldfish crackers. She said, "Oh, that's fine. But I would definitely lose it if you guys pulled out McDonald's or something that smells." I leaned way over by my son and we blocked our food with our magazines. I felt bad for the poor girl, as she held the air sickness bag for the entire flight. Can you imagine if I sat next to her and whipped out a can of sardines? :scared1:

Ick
if she has to eat ruddy sardines on a 5 hour flight she should at least eat them in the bathroom for the sake of others. I am a really good flyer but if someone whipped those out in the cabin I'd be reaching for the sick bag.

I would not eat them on a plane
I would not eat them on a train.

I would not like them on a weather vane
I would not like them fancy or plain.

I do not eat dead things like that
On a plane or elsewhere, rather eat my hat - yes that's the one, on the cat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter