Would you eat at Olivia's if...

suzannews

DIS Veteran
you are not staying at OKW? Just make a special trip over there to eat? A friend from work is deciding if she should transfer there but I don't think its overly busy at any one time.

To me, its kinda like when I worked at the YC Galley. If you are not staying at that hotel, you wouldn't make a special trip just to eat there.

No, I don't think Olivia's is worth a special trip to OKW. I've never been there, but have heard some things about the food being mediocre and such.

Disclaimer: I love OKW - as you can tell from my screen name.

But, I'd agree that Olivia's is a nice place to eat at, but probably not nice enough to make a special trip there. We do enjoy it when we stay there.

you are not staying at OKW? Just make a special trip over there to eat? A friend from work is deciding if she should transfer there but I don't think its overly busy at any one time.

To me, its kinda like when I worked at the YC Galley. If you are not staying at that hotel, you wouldn't make a special trip just to eat there.

We love to have lunch at Oliva's and do make a special trip for that. It's just a really relaxed atmosphere and nice.

Larry

We made a special trip over there last time because our DD is named Olivia. Otherwise, we wouldn't have. Food was OK, nothing special.

If they really want to try it, a special twist might be to dine there and then take the boat to DTD for shopping. The dining itself may not be worth a special trip, but the dining plus evening boat ride/shopping trip is kind of nice. PLUS, parking gets horrible at DTD in the evening, depending on the time of year.

I actually really enjoy eating there, maybe a little more for atmosphere than food, when it is cool enough to sit outside.

Good luck!

It's so funny that you asked this question and I saw this post today. I just said this afternoon that if I could go anywhere I would love to take the boat from Downtown Disney to Olivias for lunch! This has become one of our traditions on our trips. We always sit outside and have lunch. This atmosphere is worth everything and all we have eaten there has been good. Only thing I am sooo disappointed about is that they took the Conch fritters off the menu and also off the menu from the walk up window place. I wonder why, this seems like it was a perfect menu item for the theme? Anyway, I would go and enjoy!

We enjoy taking the boat ride to and from the Marketplace to have lunch at Olivia's. While the food isn't the greatest in the "World" it is very "normal" which my grandkids appreciate. The atmosphere is warm and friendly and if you are in a bind for a place to eat with no ressies, it will usually be able to accomodate you. The boat ride is a lot of fun, especially back when they used the small boats and the captains were very funny.

We just did this last week. We were staying at the Poly, but I had seen the menu and we decided to make a special trip for it. Not disappointed we did that. Very good food. popcorn::

we've stayed there,and avoid eating at Olivias..... too high priced,not very good food......

We have never stayed ay OKW but we have gone to Olivia's for dinner each of the last 4 or 5 trips. We enjoy the food and the atmosphere is (usually) quiet and relaxing. I agree that taking the boat from DTD makes it even more special. I find it very interesting that one poster said not to make a special trip, even though he/she has never been. My theory at WDW is you are interested in trying anything - do it. Don't let anyone talk you out of any experience.

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

A year or two ago, I would have said to make the trip. But the menu has changed significantly since then and although I still like it, I no longer can save I love it there. :sad1: We prefer to visit at lunch or breakfast.

1) I used to recommend Olivia's to everyone.
2) It was a true hidden jewel.
3) Especially when other restaurants were booked.
4) Now, I steer people AWAY from Olivia's.
. . . the menu has changed due to DDP
. . . unique menu items have disappeared
. . . other menus items have been standardized and "dumbed down"
5) It is just not worth the visit.

I think suzannews' friend is considering transferring to become a server at Olivia's not in dining there.

We've never eaten there, but I don't think it's a restaurant we'd go out of our way to eat at.

We enjoyed our trips there in the past.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter