would you drive from San Diego for just one day at Disneyland

I say you def should do it..I live in SD..not downtown..but me and my sis are AP holders and we go at least once a month..the drive really isn't that bad..usually we leave around 1 1/2- 2hrs before the park opens depending on they day. Once you hit a spot..I think it's San Juan Capistrano..there is the carpool lane..and you can just stay in that lane all the way into Anaheim.

As for the drive home..either leave way before the traffic starts which is around 3-4pm to be safe..or leave after the traffic is gone..which is around 8..anytime in between them is going to be a mess..hope it helps..

Also DL is unique in its own way..even if you don't do the thrill rides..some of the themed rides are different than Disney World.

We have family in SD and have done this drive many times. Your tired at the end of the day, but the drive back to SD kinda gives you some time to relax and think about your awesome day at disneyland.

We're actually driving from san diego to disneyland right now (although today we started late). This is the third time this week we're doing this. We have taken both I-5 and I-15 and neither have been crowded each time we have driven them.

Have fun with whatever you decide to do!

Here's the situation. My dh and I have visited disney world many times. Actually 3 times in 2008 thanks to Southwest dings. We are using are rapid reward flights to go to Ca in April 2009. Flying into San Diego for Thurs-Fri-Sat. Taking a short flight to Oakland Sun and staying in nothern Ca for 6 days.
I know that San Diego has lots to see and do, but the time frame we are their is my birthday so my ticket would be free. Map quest says it's a 1 hour-42 minute drive mostly on I-5. Is this highway that I hear horror stories about Ca traffic for any one who has driven it.
I cannot find any hours for 4/2 for the park, but I am assuming 10-8. We are not big on thrill rides but do theme rides. Since we know Disney world so well do you think Disneyland would not be that exciting for us. I just hate to be so close and go there. We are not big Zoo people so I am thinking I would be willing to give up the Zoo for Disney.
Any input greatly appreciated

If you are this close to Disneland and do not go, you will hate yourself. Yes go for 1 day. That part of the 5 freeway is not the horrible part. The other end is the yucky part. If you could book a hotel and arrive the day before that would be nice. Yes go Disneyland is the origional and there are many things there that you will not find at WDW. Plus DCA.

I say DO IT! We are DLR AP holders, use to live in San Diego and drove to Disneyland all the time when my DDs were young. Disneyland is unique from the MK. Even if you are WDW veterans, you need to experience Disneyland at least once.

Two of the times we went last year, we drove from San Diego and spent one fully day at DLR. I've been to both parks numerous times, and I have to say that for me DLR is my favorite. It's such a different experience then WDW. We were on the road by 6am and standing in line at 7:45am. We left at 12am and were back in SD by 2am. Yeah we were tired from the driving, but for me it was worth it to even spend just one day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter