Would you cruise alone??

Poohbug

Sherlocked
I am driving myself crazy thinking about the Panama cruise. I have wanted to see the Panama Canal for as long as I can remember and I really wanted to be on this cruise.

Well, it is really expensive for my whole family to sail. My oldest Son informed me that he cannot miss that much school. My DH said he would go but I know that he is very uncomfortable missing that much work and I think he would change his mind as the date got closer.

The cost is not too bad for me and my two youngest sons. I just don't know if I want to cruise with just the kids. I would have to do all excursions alone or only pick child friendly ones. I think I would end up eating alone much of the time because the kids would be in the clubs. Now don't get me wrong-I love a little alone time-but 15 nights might be a little too much. Any "adult" activities like wine tastings and the night clubs-I would have to do alone.

Just wondering if I really want to try this or not. I know that many singles and single parents go on a Disney Cruise and I would like to know how it was.

I am driving myself crazy thinking about the Panama cruise. I have wanted to see the Panama Canal for as long as I can remember and I really wanted to be on this cruise.

Well, it is really expensive for my whole family to sail. My oldest Son informed me that he cannot miss that much school. My DH said he would go but I know that he is very uncomfortable missing that much work and I think he would change his mind as the date got closer.

The cost is not too bad for me and my two youngest sons. I just don't know if I want to cruise with just the kids. I would have to do all excursions alone or only pick child friendly ones. I think I would end up eating alone much of the time because the kids would be in the clubs. Now don't get me wrong-I love a little alone time-but 15 nights might be a little too much. Any "adult" activities like wine tastings and the night clubs-I would have to do alone.

Just wondering if I really want to try this or not. I know that many singles and single parents go on a Disney Cruise and I would like to know how it was.

I would say "GO FOR IT" just hook up here with others traveling. You will defeinatly not be alone. :banana:

My husband and I have different interests, so I usually do the shipboard activities by myself. People are generally very friendly, and if you're mildly outgoing you won't feel excluded at all! As for dinners, it's your choice whether or not the kids eat in the clubs or with you. If you'd rather dine with them, just don't bring them to the clubs when dinner is on the schedule, or pick them up from the clubs before they are brought to dinner. For a party of three it's likely you'll be seated with at least one other family anyway.

I would love to take a cruise with just my two youngest children! Don't know if that'll ever happen. WDW is more likely the next trip, but I'll keep dreaming of another cruise. DH would love to take just a cruise and forget about WDW, so chances are if I book any future cruise, he'll be along for the ride, which is fabulous. BUt if he didn't want to go or couldn't, I'd go it alone.

Even with the upcoming cruise for or whole family, we have stipulated to all 4 kids that it's a MUST, that we all eat dinner together in the dining rooms. They can be in the clubs before and after, but dinner time is family time.

Book the cruise!
If you go, you will miss your husband and oldest son, but you will have a lot of fun.

The choice is obvious - you can choose anxiety about being without your husband for up to 15 months, or you can choose to spend YEARS wishing you could have gone.

I don't know how old you are or what your life has been like. At 41, I feel almost no regret for the mistakes I have made in life. I feel regret for what I didn't do.

If I end up in a nursing home one day, I want to be the person telling stories of adventures; not the one listening and wishing I would have done more.

I feel almost no regret for the mistakes I have made in life. I feel regret for what I didn't do.

If I end up in a nursing home one day, I want to be the person telling stories of adventures; not the one listening and wishing I would have done more.

Good points!!

Book it! If you don't do it, you will regret what might have been . The cruise thread is already active - there is NO CHANCE you will do anything alone you don't choose to do alone. They're already planning about 'school' on sea days for the kids, and everything else. BOOK IT!

We were on the 2005 PC cruise and a lady did just that. She sailed with her two boys. She missed her husband but all went well.

I did the last Panama Canal cruise from LA to Port Canaveral by myself. There were several others on board who did the same.

There is always something to do and there are plenty of opportunities to meet other people and do things together if you wish.

I wouldn't hesitate to book it.

Another option -- make the reservation including your husband. You have until final payment to take him off and it won't cost you anything. However, if you decide to add him later, you will have to pay whatever the cruise rate is at that time. And the 3rd and 4th passenger numbers may have been reached and they won't let you add him. Better to take off then try to add on later.

Go for it! I just did a 7-day completely solo and LOVED it! I so wish I had money to do a longer cruise, because 7 days is NOT enough! Good luck with whatever you decide to do! ;)

I went alone and didn't regret it. It helped because I went when mousefest was going on, but it was still great!

I'm going next year and can't wait to meet everyone that's been posting in the meet thread.

I just can't swing a PC Cruise for those prices....it stinks.

I've sailed DCL twice with family and friends, but I'm so glad to hear that others might be planning to go solo on the Panama Canal cruise...... I just booked it for myself, and wondered if I would find others also traveling alone. I love the thought of being on my own for a lot of the time, but I also would feel more comfortable knowing that other solos are also on board.

How does DCL put dinner tablemates together?? By sex, age, others traveling alone???

I just discovered this forum, and I'm really enjoing it. Thanks for all the info you folks are providing.

If my mom won't go, then I'm going alone. I don;t want to take my son out of school in January and he would keep me from most excursions (like you pointed out too).

Go and you can eat dinner with the rest of us!:goodvibes

Absolutely go for it. You're not even talking about going alone; you're talking about going as a parent traveling without spouse. I'd do it ALONE as well!

Oh...I did the Sept. 2005 Panama as a single mom. BEST vacation we've ever done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter