Would you choose Lagoon view or Conceirge Garden View?

roliepolieoliefan

DIS Veteran
We could get Conceirge GV for 15.00 total more than our standard LV room at the Poly. So undecided! Which would you choose? Conceirge GV or standard LV? We love to have a view but we never stayed conceirge. TIA!!!

If it were me, I would probably try the concierge garden view. Because, in my opinion, the entire grounds of the Polynesian are beautiful.

Ya cant get a bad room I dont think...but for $15 bucks....the view of the castle at night would be worth it to me!

I think the extra $15 is to go from LV to GV Concierge. So if you go concierge you would be giving up the view of the castle. But hey, when we are there we just go walk out to the beach in the evening, relax and watch the castle change colors and wait for the fireworks.

I think which ever you choose, you can't lose! :cool:

I would definately go with the view of the castle. There's nothing like sitting on your balcony/patio at night and watching the fireworks over the castle or waking up in the morning and looking outside at the castle.

Hi! Can you let me know when you are going to the Poly? It seems like you got a great rate for concierge and I'd like to check to see if I can get the good rate you are. I'm going Sept. 19th. Thank you-

Hi! Can you let me know when you are going to the Poly? It seems like you got a great rate for concierge (a $15 a night difference) and I'd like to check to see if I can get the good rate you are getting. Are you using a code or AP rate? I'm going Sept. 19th. when are you going? Thank you-

I did the LV Poly, what a sight looking out and seeing the castle right in front of you, the view of the fireworks was great. I went back to the room on purpose to catch the fireworks that way, what a sight. I was in the Hawaii building so I am not sure all the LV have the same view.:)

Hi:

Definitely concierge. We did it garden view concierge in april, and just loved it.

To be able to go in at any time and grab a drink, cookie, fruit, and the breakfasts and food offerings at supper, deserts in the evening is worth it. We were there and it was quite hot so the unlimited water bottles they have in the loung are a must in this kind of weather.

My son and daughter and hubby, loved going in whenever they were hungry and grab a snack.

We do not eat alot in the heat so the offerings at the supper hour fed us for supper, Each night there were either penne, grilled chicken breast, wings, chicken lo mein, taco's sushi (they also had turkey/swiss sandwiches this night) along with each of these a huge fruit bowl (cantaloupe, pinapple, melons grapes) , huge platter of vege's and dip crackers/cheese, sandwiches for the children, and a huge bowl of strawberries and whipped cream for the kids or adults and one night pudding. All day huge oranges,apples,pears, bananas are available and more.
It is definitely worth it.

In the evening we would get our deserts and drinks, hubby had wine and liquors, then sit on a lounge on the beach and there is your view of the castle, it was so special,

The lounge itself has a beautiful full (top to bottom and side to side) window facing the magic kingdom, so you can also sit there in the air conditioning and watch the castle change colours, or the people on boats in the lake. We had never done concierge before but felt it was well worth it.

I mentioned that we had gardenview, we asked for 1st floor and had a beautiful patio, with shrubs and plants in front of us, which bunnies, ducks etc would run through. We had alot of fun feeding bread to the ducks everymorning while having our last coffee. They would actually tap on our sliding door in the morning, so much fun. We faced the quiet pool.

If I could afford it, i would definietly do concierge again. The food is definitely worth it.

Deb.

The conciege food items Cottontail mentioned sound really good. However, we tend to spend most of our time in the parks and on a previous experience with concierge, we found that the food had been put away by the time we returned to the resort. I would definitely go with the lagoon view. We loved the nighttime view of Cinderella Castle.

I would go with the concierge. We've done GV concierge twice (and are trying lv concierge in July but just 2 nights). For $15 you can at least eat breakfast in the morning before you go to the parks (cereal, bagels, danish, juices, etc.), have a minibar fridge in your room ($10 a night if non-concierge) and grab water/juice boxes for the parks in the lounge--we typically get at least 5 bottles a day, and what would that cost? You can also get sodas for your room or to take to the pool whenever you pop in, if you don't get back in time to eat in the evening.
Robin M.

I'm a lover of views (always gotta get one!), so I say go for Lagoon View! I was lucky enough on my Polynesian stay to get both Lagoon View and Concierge, which was perfect! :) We truly felt it was worth the money spent!

You must have seen the discounts available on Mousesavers. We were considering sneaking in a short trip over Labor Day. Just got back 6/3. We're bad.

Anyway,

I would choose Concierge Garden View. Especially if you've never done concierge. I personally wouldn't (and couldn't) pay full price for concierge. We've tried it (got an upgrade which was wonderful) and the only benefit I saw was the food and drink. However, for the price they are offering I would do it. Plus, I think any Poly view would be wonderful.

Never stayed there - but I'd love too. Hey...maybe we will sneak it in.

PamNC

I would have to go with concierge for $15. I know we would easily save that $15 on breakfast and water bottles alone. Like someone mentioned above, the concierge lounge has a huge window facing the castle. When the fireworks start, they dim the lights in the lounge and have the music piped in that is played at the MK. We had a lagoon view but still went to the lounge to watch the fireworks. Also the beach is right there with a view of the castle. Good luck in your decision. As you can see from the responses, everyone has their personal preferences

Concierge! The breakfast is so convenient plus the bottled water to take to the parks. :)

I would do concierge:) We love it and can't wait to go next month. I think the Hawaii bldg is the best longhouse on the resort; next to the beach, volcano pool, quite pool, the boat and a hop away from the GCH. I think the food is great but to me it's so much more than that. I like to think of it as one great package. We were going to do LV concierge last summer, but when we found out we had a second floor room after requesting ground floor we went back to GV concierge. I'm to afraid to try any LV after that. The others are right the view from the lounge is beautiful:)

Originally posted by Ocean
The conciege food items Cottontail mentioned sound really good. However, we tend to spend most of our time in the parks and on a previous experience with concierge, we found that the food had been put away by the time we returned to the resort. I would definitely go with the lagoon view. We loved the nighttime view of Cinderella Castle.

The above is really one of the things you need to consider. I'm also one who doesn't want to go back to the resort to eat all the time (not a big breakfast person anyway), and I love the view so I'd choose LV!

Of course, you could just splurge and have the best of both worlds with LV concierge!;)

Hi Everyone.

I can see your point if you don't go back to the resort at all, you would probably only use breakfast and the water bottles, but the deserts are out til l0.00.

However we timed it to come back around 3, have a nap or swim and eat right at 5, then head back out by 6 some nights.

Also the heat ending up getting to me and we thought we were at such a nice resort, why not just take a couple of relaxing resort only days and then it was nice having all that food and drinks at hand
. My son said some of the same food was in captain cooks for alot of money. I think the turkey/swiss was about 6.00 and the fruit was over a dollar, and hubby and son ate alot of oranges while there.

But it depends on how much you will be at your hotel.

Deb.

Well I would go with the view. I love the concierge but the view is something I can not do with out. I spend very little time in the room but it is always something special to come back to after the parks. I look forward to coming back and spending a few moments enjoying the best view in WDW.

Steve

I just went through the same thing for our September trip. I originally had LV room but when I changed from AP rate to a lower code rate I decided to go with GV concierge (LV & GV concierge - same rate). My thoughts were:
1. that last year there was only fireworks 1 night of our trip so I wouldnt get that benefit. 2. We enjoy just getting a quick bite in the morning and bringing it back to our room so I know we would get use of the breakfast (especially coffee) . 3. Last year we spent a small fortune on bottled water for the parks & pool. 4. We usually stop by the room in the afternoon. 5. The Hawaii building seems to be in a great location. We may not "get our money's worth" but the convenience is also a big plus.
I hope I made the right decision :)

I forgot the desserts before turning in at night didnt sound bad either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter