Would you buy park tickets 6 months in advance?

Misty89

DIS Veteran
We just got home from vacation last night....i had not heard/read before we left of a possible ticket price increase on 8/3/08? ( this Sunday?)
anyways........should i buy tickets this weekend for our trip in February 2009?
has anyone heard HOW much the prices are going up?
would that be a smart idea or not?

thank you

Tina

we are...our trip is next April. We always buy our tickets WELL in advance. It's just part of my anal retentive vacation planning! LOL

We bought 10 day park hoppers with no expiration which will cover our next two trips! We are not going until 11/2009!

Buying them sooner will save you money as long as you're not paying for them with credit. The interest charges you'd pay would negate any money you'd save by buying tickets before the price increase.

I agree. I would buy them now - just don't buy on credit. We already have our tickets for our upcoming trip but I was thinking about buying some additional 10 day tickets (no exp) so that we had them on hand for future trips.

Thank you

I was thinking i was being too much of a over planner.......I am going to watch the websites, and buy if the prices are going to go up.

we should know by when? Saturday or ?

thank you

Tina

My parents bought the tickets we'll use for our big family trip next week three YEARS ago.

BUY SOON! Price increases will probably happen Aug 3. I bought mine a few days ago. I wish I could have afforded 10 day non exp but I just got what we need this upcoming trip in January.

I think Saturday would be the latest to buy, but Friday may be better if the discount sites start raising costs a little before the bigger increase on Sunday. Definitely don't wait til Sunday though!

Here's a question. I would like to purchase tickets for our upcoming (April) trip to WDW, plus non-expiry tickets for a future trip. I'm looking at the 7-day non-expiry park hopper for me, spouse, & two kids. The problem is, my son will be 9 in September. So, he will be 9 for the first three or four days on his 7-day non-expiry ticket, but then overage for any future trips. Can he still use the tickets, even if he is older than 9? Can I transfer the tickets he doesn't use to my daughter (I don't think this is allowed)? Can I upgrade his tickets after a year, when he turns 10? Or, should I just buy enough days to get him through this current trip, while he is still 9?

Any suggestions are appreciated. Many thanks!

Here's a question. I would like to purchase tickets for our upcoming (April) trip to WDW, plus non-expiry tickets for a future trip. I'm looking at the 7-day non-expiry park hopper for me, spouse, & two kids. The problem is, my son will be 9 in September. So, he will be 9 for the first three or four days on his 7-day non-expiry ticket, but then overage for any future trips. Can he still use the tickets, even if he is older than 9?

Yes, if he starts the trip at 9 he can continue to use the tickets. Or if you wish, you can go in to Guest Services during your trip and tell them he just turned 10 and you want to convert his ticket. They will transfer it over to an adult one at no charge.

Can I transfer the tickets he doesn't use to my daughter (I don't think this is allowed)?

Technically it's not allowed, but if it's still a child ticket there will not be a finger scan, so do with that what you will.....

Can I upgrade his tickets after a year, when he turns 10? Or, should I just buy enough days to get him through this current trip, while he is still 9?

You could buy him a child ticket for this trip and an adult ticket for the next trip...

There's a ticket 'sticky' from Chesire Figment on the Theme Parks page http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1452684. It should answer all your questions.

We're still using a 10-day park hopper, no expiration that we bought in 2005. We bought another set last year before that price increase, even though we knew we wouldn't start using them until this Fall's trip. We also just bought my in-law's tickets for this October's trip, but only because we've been slacking on the travel plans, otherwise, we would have bought theirs sooner.

I just bought (6) 7 day Universal 3 park hopper tickets to use in June 2010. I am crazy, but they were $89.99. (they include wet and Wild water park)

I am thinking they may climb with the new Harry Potter land that is coming. These tickets already went up $10 I think.

We have 10 day no expires for WDW that we have been using for over 2 years.

DH and I have been looking at the ticket brokers and the list is daunting. We want to purchase adult 10-day park hopper non-expiring passes. This is what I have found so far:

Undercover Tourist: 454.95
Official Ticket Center: 457.00
Orlando Fun: 455.93
Maple Leaf: 479.25
Knowbeforeugo: 456.75
Florlandotickets: 456.00
Dreams Unlimited: 450.00

Does anyone know anything about any of these brokers? Are there any better ones? One thing I did learn: be sure what is included in the prices. Are taxes included? What is the postage? Things like that.

TX2SUM

I also use undercovertourist. They do charge shipping or tax, so the price you see is what you pay. They also ship FAST. This is a line out of an email I got so I would warn you not to wait too long
"However, be sure to buy as soon as possible, because Undercover Tourist has limited stock of the pre-price-increase tickets. Once those are gone, they'll have to raise their prices."

I also use undercovertourist. They do charge shipping or tax, so the price you see is what you pay. They also ship FAST. This is a line out of an email I got so I would warn you not to wait too long
"However, be sure to buy as soon as possible, because Undercover Tourist has limited stock of the pre-price-increase tickets. Once those are gone, they'll have to raise their prices."

Which means they may increase prices before Sunday. They did that last year, too.

I've used Undercover Tourist for 2 years and they've been nothing but great, quick shipping. They also include taxes and shipping in their price.

Thanks for the info. Since writing and looking around I decided to go with the Undercover Tourist. I just purchased 2 adult 10-day park hopping, non-expiring, wallet punching, passes for the "Magical" price of (hold on to your chair) $909.90, including taxes and free shipping. Now.. when the credit card bill comes, I need to be sure to pay it off so that I won't incur any finance charges.

Oh... and the guy 'sorta hinted' about the info going around about the prices increasing "very soon." :thumbsup2

We're goin' to Disney World! :banana:
TX2SUM

I thought about buying ours now for our trip in Aug. 2009, but I think we want the dining plan so I'll have to buy a package with the tickets,right?

Just bought our tickets as well :thumbsup2 . Now I can gladly lookup the new prices next week and celebrate how much I saved :woohoo: .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter