Would you buy a Nook?

DisReno

Mouseketeer
Back Story....I got a Nook Color two years ago for Mother's Day. Late last summer, it suddenly went black and Barnes and Noble replaced it with a refurbished one under my warranty.

Now that one will not shut off and I can't reboot and it doesn't charge. Since I've already used up my warranty, they offered me a cheaper price on another refurbished one.

I've already decided I'm not doing that, but I am thinking of buying the HD for $129 I believe.

But...Barnes and Noble has said they are getting out of the Tablet business, so eventually these will be obsolete. Eventually.

But right now, I can't afford an Ipod and all of my stuff is on my Nook.

Would you replace it or would you get a Kindle?

Any opinions...

Back Story....I got a Nook Color two years ago for Mother's Day. Late last summer, it suddenly went black and Barnes and Noble replaced it with a refurbished one under my warranty.

Now that one will not shut off and I can't reboot and it doesn't charge. Since I've already used up my warranty, they offered me a cheaper price on another refurbished one.

I've already decided I'm not doing that, but I am thinking of buying the HD for $129 I believe.

But...Barnes and Noble has said they are getting out of the Tablet business, so eventually these will be obsolete. Eventually.

Any opinions...

No, I wouldn't buy another Nook. Since you can't afford an Ipad, I'd get a Kindle Fire.

Take a look at other tablets. When my nook color quit charging, I got a Galaxy Tab 3, and put the nook and Kindle apps on it. Now I can read books from either source.

TTFN-I never thought of that. I love my Samsung phone, so I will look into the Galaxy Tab.

Thanks for that advice!

Any decent tablet will allow you to download the nook app and the Kindle app. I have both apps.

I have a first generation nook that I still use occasionally, like when I am reading in bright sunlight. But for the most part I use the app.

Although, I am now reading that Barnes and Noble has decided to stay in the tablet business and their HD+ gets good reviews. And it's fairly cheap.

Hmmm...

It's really up to you but I will mention that the new Nook Tablets include access to the Google Play store. Buy the nook and all your apps from Google Play and you really don't need to worry about what happens with BN.

If you buy eBooks from Barnes and Noble, I'm pretty sure that somebody else will likely buy the rights to the BN Digital content. That means your licenses for eBooks will just transfer to the new provider.

The Samsung tablet is nice too. I have one that I picked up during a WalMart sale and like it just fine. There's just so many good choices in the 7' Tablet market anymore it is hard to say one or another is a hands down winner.

we had a nook color that died. We went to 7inch kindle fire HD (normally $139, was on sale for $100).. great deal and much faster and ton more apps then we ever had on the nook color.

we ended up getting 3.

I own several tablets but the one I use most is my Nook HD, because it has a microSD card slot. I love that feature because I can load the card up with comics and not have to worry about running out of space on the tablet itself.

Any opinions...

Neither. I like real books.

Any opinions...

:joker: Neither. I prefer the feel , smell, and weight of real books. My DH has a Nook, however, and he loves that thing.

I don't own a tablet (wish I did!) but I wouldn't buy a Nook. I question the longevity of B&N as a company. I still enjoy shopping there, but compared to Apple, Amazon, even Samsung, I'd say they B&N is pretty far back in the pack.

If money is tight right now, buy an inexspensive Kindle. By the time you get ready for something new, there will be a "latest & greatest" something-or-other to purchase (and hopefully you'll be in better spot to spend the money).:)

I love my Samsung galaxy tab. I have a 7" and 10"
My mom ended up buying one when her Nook Color died. She likes the galaxy more than the Nook.
It also has the SD slot to add more storage which was a major selling point for me. When we drove to WDW, we loaded movies on a few SD cards and swapped cards as we drove depending on who wanted to watch which movie!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter