Would you bring a 14mo to California Grille?

*LuckyMom*

Earning My Ears
We planned a last minute trip and luckily got and ADR to California Grille for 6pm. I've never eaten there, but am dying to. We have a 14mo DS, and I am wondering if it's okay to bring him along?? :confused3

Watcha' think?

It is ok if he is good about sitting and just taking everything in.

This is a no rush, time between courses restaurant. You may want to tell your server to not leave space between courses if you think the baby won't be still for 2-3 hours.

Yes it is OK.

Select an earlier time and would also alert the waiter or waitress to serve the dinner service without delays to accommodate you 14mo child (like webray suggested). You might also want to know that CG starts to get rather loud once all the tables are filled with diners and the bar is in full swing...this may effect your 14mo comfort level too.

Its fine. But since you asked, I'd get an in room sitter. I wouldn't spend that kind of money to risk having to leave dinner early, nor would I want to rush that dinner to make it fit a fourteen month old's schedule. But that's me - I'm selfish and don't enjoy having my finer dining rushed or ruined by my own children.

I was thinking that judicious use of duct tape would assist in keeping the child quiet, but that it might be a bit tacky. :duck: :duck: :duck: :stir: :stir: :stir: (Sorry, but I really couldn't resist.)

No offense, but also keep your fellow diners in mind.

I would be a little miffed to spend a couple hundred bucks on a nice meal only to spend it sitting next to a screaming baby.

We brought our then 16 month old son to dinner at California Grill last year and he did just fine. Like you, we had early ADR's, I think 5:30 or 6:00 and they put us at a table right by the window. The staff was great and paid him lots of attention. We saw plenty of kids , including little ones, there at that time. It was a wonderful meal and if you've never been there I'd say definately go and try it out. Our son got a little squirmy near the end of the meal, but then we'd just take turns going outside to the patio with him while the other of us finished our dinner/dessert. It wasn't the most relaxing dinner for that reason, but alas that it eating out with a toddler. It will affect you and the pace of your meal far more than it will affect your fellow diners. Incidentally, the kids meals there are great. Our son really enjoyed the Mickey shaped mac and cheese.

we brought our 14 mo old DD years ago and she fell asleep and slept on our sweatshirts ON THE FLOOR for the entire meal, we had a blast!:woohoo: was the most romantic meal we had had in years!:lovestruc :rotfl2:

I have 2 kiddies but always leave them with someone while we dine there. I've never taken them. I've seen plenty of kids there though.

My DH and I wouldn't get the same experience out of it if we had our kiddies along. We usually take 2 hours and have a bottle of wine. My kids won't sit thru that.;)

If you're just DYING to try it though, try it. If you can get a sitter--you'll enjoy your meal even more!:goodvibes

we brought our 14 mo old DD years ago and she fell asleep and slept on our sweatshirts ON THE FLOOR for the entire meal, we had a blast!:woohoo: was the most romantic meal we had had in years!:lovestruc :rotfl2:

Please, please don't allow your child to sleep on, or crawl around on, the floor in a restaurant. A server could easily trip and spill a heavy tray of scalding hot food or coffee on her or on themselves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter