Would you believe it? A Disneyland trip with no Disney magic...

You can see Fantasmic from there?! I've never eaten there but am not leaving D-Land this time without doing it!

Thanks!

No, you can't see F! from there, Blue Bayou is inside the PotC ride so its dark no matter when you're eating there. I believe he may have had F! dessert seating, which is an entirely different animal. :)

Trey, I'm sorry you were so sick, and so glad you're OK!! You have an amazing family, their love for you shines in that photo, and yes, you definitely do rock! :) Feel better quickly and start planning your do-over trip, it will be all the better the next time. :)

I'm so sorry. Don't some trips just feel doomed right from the start? What is that?

I'm glad you're feeling better, and taking preventative measures to prevent further similar incidents.

First off, I'm glad you're feeling better. Second, I'm sorry to hear that you had a rough time at DL.
HOWEVER:
How can you say that there was no Disney magic?!? That picture was magical!
1. That you have family that love you enough to do that.
2. That they family enlist the help of friends to pull it off (IN A WHEELCHAIR, NO LESS!!!!)
3. That they got that shot on the first try.

I hope your wife is feeling better, too.
You are quite right. I got some Disney magic thru my kids and they blew me away with this whole crazy stunt.

The thing is, my kids are usually excited for Disney but this year they were all super excited. They talked all week before about it while we were hanging at the beach. So it was all set to be a super fun family thing. But it was not to be and as you can tell I am very philosophical about the whole thing. I just wanted to experience Cars Land for the first time ever with them.

But I do have some magical kids and the photo makes me want to cry like it did for some of you. :)

Wow - I just read your report and am so glad that you are now better and things turned out okay!

What a darling family you have - I am glad they were there with you to lend moral support.

We all rely on you for so much information - it is hard to imagine you flattened for a few days. I know you will have a blast when you get back again.

Peace to you.

Peri:grouphug:

Sorry this trip didn't turn out like you hoped it would. No one wants that to happen on vacation. It's the thing we all worry about the most, now you lived it. :sad:

Your family is truly awesome to have made and taken that wonderful picture for you. :thumbsup2

Let's hope your next trip turns out a whole lot better. pixiedust:

Glad your all home safely. :)

Hope you get back to 100 percent soon. It sucks to spend a vacation in bed (especially a hospital bed), but as you pointed out it could have been so much worse -- overseas for example. I'm glad your family still got to enjoy part of the trip and found a way to bring Disneyland back for you. You've obviously raised some great kids. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

PHXscuba

You are quite right. I got some Disney magic thru my kids and they blew me away with this whole crazy stunt.

The thing is, my kids are usually excited for Disney but this year they were all super excited. They talked all week before about it while we were hanging at the beach. So it was all set to be a super fun family thing. But it was not to be and as you can tell I am very philosophical about the whole thing. I just wanted to experience Cars Land for the first time ever with them.

But I do have some magical kids and the photo makes me want to cry like it did for some of you. :)

HydroGuy,

What a scary ordeal...I'm glad to hear you're on the mend. As a mom to 2 college aged sons, I know how just how special it is to be able to have the whole family all together on trips (especially Disney trips ;) ).

You and your DW have sure done a great job raising such thoughtful young men!

Hope you are able to go back to DLR soon and have a more magical trip! pixiedust:

Take care of yourself :goodvibes

The photo made me smile while I am having a bad day at work, so I bet it made you smile too! Glad you are on the mend.

What great kids! It's moments like those that you know you've done a fantastic job raising them. Gives me goosebumps!

What a bummer! So sorry that happened to you, but glad to hear you are making a recovery. I hope you are back to your old self soon!

Your kids are pretty awesome, you must be doing something right ;) That is such a fun idea! Here's hoping you can all make it back to DLR - and full health - soon!

Oh that must have been torture being so close to Cars Land, yet so far! Glad to hear you are feeling better. I have some health problems myself, and it's always my worst fear that they will flare up while at DLR. Not only to ruin a vacation, but I'm not sure how well my insurance would fare out of state! :scared1:

Did the family get to see Cars Land at all? Even with all their fevers, I hope they were able to enjoy some of it.

That is a super cool picture though. Something to keep forever for sure! Take care! :goodvibes

Just found this. Again, I'm bummed that your trip didn't go as planned and you didn't get to experience the new stuff at DCA. And I'm disappointed that we didn't get to meet up as planned either, but if you come for a solo Labor Day weekend trip I should be around and I'll probably be there on Sunday or Monday. 2 days before my birthday is close enough to wearing a birthday button right? Hopefully we can catch up then and I can show you all the wonders of Cars Land. :thumbsup2 Also I love the Splash pic! :)

Your sons are so awesome, they make me want to have two more sons (almost).

Glad you are all feeling better!

I just read this, and considering your popularity as a poster here, I am not surprised at all the replies you have gotten in such a small amount of time.

I have a saying: It is - "if I don't have fun on vacation, then it is my own fault".

That certainly can't apply in your case. I wish you good health in the future, and may you get back to DLR, and particularly DCA real soon.

Did the family get to see Cars Land at all? Even with all their fevers, I hope they were able to enjoy some of it.

That is a super cool picture though. Something to keep forever for sure! Take care! :goodvibes
Yes, all the kids got to do Cars Land. They told me it was really cool. Everyone rode RSR once. I would have had them on at least three times hitting one EMH hard one day. But without me there to encourage the only one who will wake up for a 7AM EMH is DS16. So they really did not use the EMHs at all.

:wizard:

Just found this. Again, I'm bummed that your trip didn't go as planned and you didn't get to experience the new stuff at DCA. And I'm disappointed that we didn't get to meet up as planned either, but if you come for a solo Labor Day weekend trip I should be around and I'll probably be there on Sunday or Monday. 2 days before my birthday is close enough to wearing a birthday button right? Hopefully we can catch up then and I can show you all the wonders of Cars Land. :thumbsup2 Also I love the Splash pic! :)
Thanks Stephen. I will keep it in mind. If I go it will probably just be for two days and I will try and get APEE. :)

So sorry to read this. Very glad to read you are feeling better now. What an amazing family you have!
Looking forward to reading your thoughts on Cars Land when you make it back.

Can we at least get a HydroGuy's Tips on Fireworks from the UCI Medical Center Emergency Room Superthread out of all of this? :)

Seriously, please continue to get better. Your insights and recommendations are integral to this Board.

:thumbsup2
Yes, Trey, so sorry about the problems and glad things are on the mend..but wow..what a trip. You really do deserve a do-over. Your family is awesome..what a great picture :)

So sorry your not feeling well. I hope everything works itself out and your back to 100percent soon. The post made me cry. What a Great Family you have. My husband and I are driving down tonight for a quick 2 day trip! I hope your able to make the trip back soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter