Would you be open for a Mickeys Christmas Party in Disneyland?

CampbellzSoup

Son. Husband. Father.
I was surprised that I didn't see a Mickeys Christmas Party same way as there is a Halloween one...

Would you Disneyland folks be willing to have a hard ticket event with exclusive characters, cookies and hot chocholate as well as the parade and fire works?

Just wondering

Yes and no. Yes if they don't take away things from regular park hours and make them exclusive to the Christmas party.

However, if they take away the Christmas fireworks, parade, etc from regular park hours and make them exclusive to the party, then I would not like that.

The party sounds like a fun idea, though!

I definitely would. We loved the MVMCP at WDW last year!! I go to DL way more often than WDW so I'd like to see a Christmas party there.

No, I wouldn't like a Christmas party at Disneyland.

Before the Halloween party the Halloween fireworks used to be available to everyone. Even though I like the Halloween nights, I don't go to them every year, and cannot see what a party would bring to Disneyland that would be worth the trade-off - no more holiday fireworks or parade for everyone.

Yes, nov 15, a park full of waynes and lannys handing out treats, heck, why not invite Snap and Crackle and Pop to help with the rice crispy treats in the shape of snowmen. Waiters from polar express serving hot chocolate. There are still many resources untouched for the nov15th christmas holiday....but skip the gum on the hand rails.

Absolutely not. I love that HolidayTime is open to all guests. Everyone can enjoy the decorations, the parade, the castle lighting, etc. Even Candlelight Processional is open to anyone who wants to view. It may be a standing view, since seats are for invited guests, but the event is open to all who can find a spot.

ETA: Let MK keep its Christmas party. It's nice that they have something that makes them a unique destination. Why should all the parks be the same?

Last edited:
If Disney thought they could sell a Christmas party to the locals, they would have done it by now. Since everyone is used to getting it for "free", I imagine they just haven't figured out how to do it without a huge negative backlash though.

Unlike most here, I would like to see a Christmas party offered. While they do have the fireworks and Christmas parade already, I enjoy hard ticket parties for the unique character meetings, and that's definitely still lacking.

I'd be interested in something totally different. I wouldn't want to lose the Christmas parade and normal activities during normal hours. What I'd like is something different like Christmas parties at the hotel or even a barely used area like the area by Monsters Inc in DCA.

I find it a bit annoying that I have to buy a ticket to see the Halloween parade and fireworks. So, I wouldn't want that to happen with Christmas, also.

Tough question. I love MHP but we've also done the Christmas party at WDW twice and loved that too.

It would suck to have to pay extra for something that is currently free, but that has become the new norm at Disney. Any convenience at Disney now comes with a hefty price tag. Dessert parties, dining packages with reserved viewing, it's basically charging us for the convenience of not having to sit on the curb at Main Street three hours before the parade starts.

And I pay it. We only get to DLR about 3 times a year, "time is money" as they say and I would rather pay to not have to park it 3 hours prior, or not get elbowed out of a space, or not have to wait 30 minutes to go on the Matterhorn or a similar ride that would have a zero wait time during a hard ticketed party.

I would also love if they did something like the Wishes dessert party here at DLR. It was pricey, but so worth it to eat plate after plate of desserts and then watch the fireworks sitting down at a table.

Do you see, Disney? You're making me happy to sit in a chair at a table!!

So, yes, if they did a Christmas party at DLR similar to MHP or the party at WDW I would pay for it.

My personal preference would be to not have a party (unless they were still going to offer good entertainment to those who choose to not spend the extra on the party). We are headed down this year for Halloween Time for the first time, and although I knew going into it that we would not get the Halloween Fireworks and the Parade, it still is a little frustrating that the non party night fireworks are the 5 min show, there are limited park hours, Toon Town closes even earlier for pre-party stuff, etc. We thought about the party, but it just wasn't worth it to us when we are already buying a park hopper (since a fifth day is so cheap, switching to a 4 day hopper and adding on the party would have cost quite a bit more for us, and this was an extra trip for us).

That said, Disney is going to do what it wants and it wont keep us from going, but it does take away some of the magic of going during the "special seasons."

No NO NOOOOOOO! Absolutely not. One of the things I love about DL over WDW is that they don't have the hard ticket Christmas Party like they do in Orlando. I like coming to DL and seeing all the Christmas decorations, catching the Christmas parade, and getting the Christmas fireworks...without paying an extra $300-400 for my family. Why on God's green earth would I ever want to pay an extra $80 a person to get the same thing that a regular park hopper or AP gets now? And for what? Hot chocolate (10 cents a packet) and a sugar cookie ($4 for a tube of Pillsbury). No way, Jose.

At WDW, you can leave and go to three other parks once they give you the boot at the MK. But at DLR, all you've got is DCA. So EVERYONE heads over there and it's madness. That's the reason I don't go to DL in late-Sept or Ocotber. Why go during a time when they're just going to kick me out and not give me the special stuff that I'd get the rest of the year?

This is simply a horrible idea. I hope TDA doesn't see this thread.

No NO NOOOOOOO! Absolutely not. One of the things I love about DL over WDW is that they don't have the hard ticket Christmas Party like they do in Orlando. I like coming to DL and seeing all the Christmas decorations, catching the Christmas parade, and getting the Christmas fireworks...without paying an extra $300-400 for my family. Why on God's green earth would I ever want to pay an extra $80 a person to get the same thing that a regular park hopper or AP gets now? And for what? Hot chocolate (10 cents a packet) and a sugar cookie ($4 for a tube of Pillsbury). No way, Jose.

At WDW, you can leave and go to three other parks once they give you the boot at the MK. But at DLR, all you've got is DCA. So EVERYONE heads over there and it's madness. That's the reason I don't go to DL in late-Sept or Ocotber. Why go during a time when they're just going to kick me out and not give me the special stuff that I'd get the rest of the year?

This is simply a horrible idea. I hope TDA doesn't see this thread.
My thoughts Exactly!!! High Five!

Yes! Most definitely YES! We loved going to the Disney World Christmas party, so much fun. Having a Christmas Party at Disneyland would be wonderful! :) Disneyland during Christmas season is now way to crowded, having the Party would at least limit in some way limit the number of guest. Disneyland has become way to crowded to enjoy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter