Would y'all lift up a quick prayer for Minky?

minkydog

DIS Cast Member
Minky did not have a good weekend and he has barely eaten for the last 2 days. We had him in the animal hospital several times last week for weakness and vomiting.He actually rallied a little yesterday, even chased a squirrel for a few feet. Today he walked outside and collapsed under a tree. He is awake, but doesn't seem to be able to control his back legs. DH put his water beside him but Minky is drooling copiously and is very irritable, even tried to bite DH. DH has been unable to get Minky into the car, so he's been sitting near him all day. I have been unable to get home, but I talked with the vet and we had "That Talk." Um, yeah.:guilty: so I'm going home now and I will make an assessment & call the vet back. I'm pretty sure this is it. I need to wait until DD18 comes home if she wants to say goodbye. :sad1:

I'm sorry. Of course I will continue to pray for your Minky.:hug:

ah poor baby! I was afraid the weekend was his "calm before the storm" but was hoping differently. they unfortunately seem to rally for that last little bit.

At least your DH has been with him all day, Hope everyone gets there in time it is always so much harder when you can't say good bye.

I'll keep Minky in my thoughts and prayers(and you to!)

ah poor baby! I was afraid the weekend was his "calm before the storm" but was hoping differently. they unfortunately seem to rally for that last little bit.
At least your DH has been with him all day, Hope everyone gets there in time it is always so much harder when you can't say good bye.

I'll keep Minky in my thoughts and prayers(and you to!)

I feared the same. I'm so sorry. :hug:

You will have the strength to get through this..be strong for your family, and for Minky..no matter what happens...If this is IT...just remember, he has friends waiting for him, in all those beloved to us that have gone before, and you can come here to the DIS for all the moral support you might need..
:grouphug:

I am so sorry to hear about Minky. Glad your DH has been able to be with him. Nothing worse than having the make "that" decision.

I'm sorry, been there too many times. Prayers for you and Minky and your family.

Suzanne

So sorry to read Minky is not doing well. I saw your earlier post when Minky was in the hospital. Was he tested for Addison's Disease? His symptoms fit this disease. Very common in Standard Poodles and easily diagnosed. Even if Minky had normal electrolytes, I would ask to have him tested. At least ask for a baseline cortisol & after they have the blood test, ask them to give him some steroids. It is thought of as a young dog's disease, but I have seen more than a few dogs diagnosed with it at Minky's age.

Best wishes to you & Minky.
Christiane.

I had just been thinking about you over the weekend. I'm so sorry Minky isn't doing well. I'll be thinking of you. :hug:

I'm so sorry. I know how hard this is. We're in the middle of watching our oldest right now, trying to determine the right time. It's not an easy decision.

I'm so sorry to hear this. I'll be thinking about y'all, and I'm sending prayers for Minky and your family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter