• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Would we be crazy to go to the World in August?

When people suggest taking an afternoon break, how does tha work with the last week of august when all the parks close earlier. I don't want to leave a park at noon and by the time we rest swim and get back it will be 4 or 5 have dinner and than parks are closed.

The parks don't close that early. It looks like it's 10p all the way until he last few days and then 9p. Sept is 9pm and we still did breaks when we went in September.

But of course we are going in August as well. We have been in February and to be honest I miss the heat and humidity! For me it's Florida so it's supposed to be like that plus it makes the use of the resort pool and the water parks so much more enjoyable. Like others have said, take advantage of the early morning and late night hours, take some downtime in the middle of the day (we always head back to the resort for lunch and swimming) when it's the hottest so you can refresh, and we think the spray misters with the fans are an absolute must. Personally, I will only do Disney again in the summer, so maybe I'm the crazy one! :surfweb:
Us, too! Our last two visits have been in February and December, and we decided that we miss the heat, too. Also, our February flight down was cancelled, and our December flight was nearly cancelled due to snow storms. Both times when we arrived, Florida was experiencing "usually cold weather" with temperatures in the 20s and 30s (which rather defeated the purpose of going in the winter in the first place).

Our next trip is in August. This time, I'm almost positive I know what the weather will be. It will be hot, and it will rain every day in the afternoon. ;) The unknown part will be that hurricane season will have started. (Knock on wood.)

When people suggest taking an afternoon break, how does tha work with the last week of august when all the parks close earlier. I don't want to leave a park at noon and by the time we rest swim and get back it will be 4 or 5 have dinner and than parks are closed.

This was what I notice to for Sept, the parks seem to close around 9. This Is somthing we will not be use to:confused3. We are use to bingging at the parks untill midnight. I do not think we will make to many mid day breaks if (from last years Oct times) the times stay the same!.

We live at one of the hottest places in all of Spain, we usually get 113 degrees Farenheit at midday in summer months, BUT rain and humidity are almost non-existent here.
What's the highest temperature we could expect in Orlando in late July-August?
The high level of humidity is what scares me the most though. I don't care if it rains every single day but I'm worried about the amount of water we'll have to breathe XD Still, chances are summer months will be our only chance to visit WDW.

What worries me the most is the chances to have a hurricane striking the area since we'll be flying from overseas. Hurricanes usually never pass through Orlando right? Maybe I should fly via NYC instead of choosing Miami as a connecting flight stop? What do you think?

:)

thanks a lot this is an AWESOME and very helpful group :D
oh and excuse my English please ;)

Don;t tell anyone, but the end of AUgust is awesome as far as crowd levels. We willgo every year at that time now after our wonderful experience last year. Take pools breaks, which is necessary for sore legs anyhow!

FWIW, My dad's BD is Aug. 19 and their anniversary is the 21st. They often go to WDW for one or both of those dates and love it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter