Would those of you who are 40s-50s go to the waterparks if it weren't for your kids?

singingpixie

<font color=deeppink>Baby Donor<br><font color=blu
I'm planning a late August trip w/ my mom, and am debating about planning to visit the water parks. I'm trying to figure out if they appeal to middle-aged adults. I know I'd have fun, but I wouldn't be heartbroken if we didn't make it, so I want to guage whether my mom would enjoy them or not. Thanks!

I think that question can best be answered by your mother. If you don't care to go, just ask her what she thinks. Don't tell her your feelings at all. Just ask. I'm 45 and water parks are way, way down on my level. But I know my 47 year old husband would like either one of the Disney parks (we've only done Typhoon Lagoon before). I just can't do too much there because of a physical problem. But when we get the kids and the grandkids down here, we'll probably go. I can certainly enjoy sitting on the beach and watching everyone having fun. Or floating around the lazy rivers.

I was 47 and my DH was 49 when we went to Typhoon Lagoon last year. We had a blast! If she thinks she'd like it, go.

My husband and I, 50ish, like going to the water parks but we don't go every time we're there. It is more fun when you've got others with you. She may like going to Typhoon Lagoon as a day of relaxation. It's has a nice atmosphere and vegetation. She may not go on the slides ( there's only a few that I go on ) but might like the lazy river, shark reef and wave pool. It will probably be hot so you could make it a beach day.

Dh and I are both in our 50's, we LOVE the lazy river at Typhoon lagoon, worth the price of the whole trip:rotfl2: I also still enjoy the tube rides, but not always the walk up to them. Did Shark reef a couple of weeks ago too, so just depends on what she likes to do.

My parents are in their early 60's and just went to Typhoon Lagoon on Monday by them selves. No kids or grandkids.

Lisa

I'm 45. He's turning 46 in a few months. We love water parks, but yes, especially the lazy rivers.

I, who am in my 40's went with my mom who is in her 60's to TL. We pretty much just did the lazy river. It was a day of relaxation for us.

My DH and I have been once and enjoyed it, we had our teenage sons with us. My parents went too. They did a family tube ride, and they enjoyed that. Otherwise they walked around, then left before we did to play mini golf.

This year DH and I have BB on our must-do list (no kids). We now are in our late 40's. We are planning to do some of the raft rides but won't get too crazy! We need to read more about it though to see what rides we would like to do. So, yes, we like it.:)

My dh and I are both in our 50's and we love going to the water parks. Of the two we find Typhoon Lagoon more relaxing. The lazy river is awesome.

It depends on the people. We don't go to the waterparks...there's so much to do elsewhere and waterparks just aren't our thing.

Sara

DH and I are both 58. We have been to WDW about five times in the last 9 or 10 years, only once with our young adult kids. We love the water parks - BB is by far our favorite. Our DD is going this summer with her boyfriend and he doesn't want to do a water park. Age has nothing to do with it.

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Meg,

Hello, I'm 44 and I love going to the water parks. I like getting one of the little beach chairs and sitting just where the water can wash up on my toes while sipping a nice frozen drink. Of course with a 7 (soon to be 8) year old and a 4 year old I don't seldom get to do that anymore unless DH is on pool duty. Or DD 21 is feeling generous ( she can be bribed with frozen coffee). :laughing: .

Blessed Be,
Tina

A thread on this, as I am 49 and haven't been to a Water Park in 10 years! Needless to say, I was thinking of skipping Typhoon in August, as I was invited by a couple younger than me, and thier DD is 12. But I realized that TL lazy river is nice, I just hope its easy to get in and out of.:confused3

I went to WDW with my DS16, his DF16, my DS13, my next door neighboor, and his DD13. I'm 43 and my next door neighbor is 48. We went to Typhooon Lagoon for the better part of a day...

We all spent a lot of time in the Wave Pool, did lots of slides, etc. My neighbor and I told the kids to meet us at our chairs at 4:00 so we could leave before the crowd tried to leave at closing (5:00). At 3:55, he and I were doing slides and knew the kids wouldn't be ready yet, so we did a few more... we got back to the chairs around 4:30 to find 4 worn-out looking teenagers, huddled together in their towels, saying "Where were you???" Here we were, two 40-something guys, racing back in from having fun on the slides!!

Silly kids, can't keep up with us! You bet, the water parks are great!

We went to Typhoon Lagoon last August - me, 46, and our 16 yo son and 9 yo daughte r- we had a blast. I LOVED the lazy river - it was the highlight of that trip. (me, 7 mo. pregnant floating round and round.:rotfl: ) August seemed so much hotter pregnant.

Absolutely ! We are in our 40's and we love it as much as the kids. I took my Mom an active 64 year who is actually afraid of the water and can't swim and she had fun on the lazy river and the shallow end if the wave pool. My Dad who is 70 rode EVERYTHING ! He was a madman.....

My mother is 62 years old and she loves Typhoon Lagoon. She does the more moderate slides and loves the wave pool. No children in this family and we all love it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter