Would this Monorail Idea Work?

Good to know. Will have to keep that in mind when choosing my next stay.

Parking proximity to the room is high on our list of likes.

My apologies about the roads. Just read the policy page. Good thing I left the road names out. Lol I'm sure it's not really a secret anymore these days with google and the Internet. Lol

Anyway, have you communicated to Disney about the parking issue at the Epcot area deluxe resorts?

I'm sure if they get enough complaints they will address the issue.

If no one complains Disney will think every thing is going just fine.
BWV people have been complaining to Disney about this for years..nothing new. Disney could fix it, they choose not to.

Wow the BW resort lots sound a lot worst than the monorail resort lots.

I guess it is tough to police considering the BW itself is a major attraction.
And the funny thing??? I just don't think BW is all that great a place to spend time at unless you're staying there. Sure, there are acts on the boardwalk at night, but I wouldn't be driving over there!!! Maybe if I was going to Jellyrolls but not just to see some jugglers!!
I was on google maps and took a look at the lots near the Epcot Deluxe resorts.

Is it me are is it a hike to get to your car from the hotel?

We drive to all the parks from POFQ and always request a room that is right outside the parking lot.

I know that sounds crazy but we like to get up and go go go!!!

I can sometimes actually see my car from the room and love it.
If you park across the street, behind the Hess station, it is a hike!!! And that's why you find people just parking in the resort guest lot. Even then it's a fair walk to the resort itself. There are various alternative ways to access the resort itself if you are staying there, but that isn't applicable to those who just want easy access to Epcot.
This is an issue at most of the deluxe resorts. The vast majority of guests don't want to look out their window and see a parking lot. In fact, parking lot views are considered lesser views...standard in the case of BW. It's obviously a case of different guests wanting different experiences.
Lots of guests want to have their car right outside their room...and that works in some moderates. You can do that with OKW as well.

This is a little off topic but I have to ask/rant.

Why every time I returned home resort did they need to see my key card?

Clearly visible on my dash was the parking permit that I received in the mail from Disney prior to visiting. It had on it in large letters our last name, the dates of our visit and the resort we were staying at.

Just wondering/ranting. lol

Clearly visible on my dash was the parking permit that I received in the mail from Disney prior to visiting. It had on it in large letters our last name, the dates of our visit and the resort we were staying at.

Hmmmm, I have never gotten a parking permit in the mail before. Must be doing things differently now.
Since I usually go through the key access lane, I have no idea why you would be asked for it. The only time I've been asked anything was when I had to go into the non-key accessed entrance...then the guard comes out to ask where I'm going, and to do what.

Hmmmm, I have never gotten a parking permit in the mail before. Must be doing things differently now.
Since I usually go through the key access lane, I have no idea why you would be asked for it. The only time I've been asked anything was when I had to go into the non-key accessed entrance...then the guard comes out to ask where I'm going, and to do what.

Yes we got a welcome packet about 3-4 weeks prior to our visit. In it was a photo pass to register and bring with us. The parking pass (which even the security looked at puzzled) and several coupons. i.e one free round mini golf. Discount on fishing and a few other discounts in Disney.

Didn't know they had a key access lane. Is that the same lane the buses use?

Was at POFQ

Hmmm

Yes we got a welcome packet about 3-4 weeks prior to our visit. In it was a photo pass to register and bring with us. The parking pass (which even the security looked at puzzled) and several coupons. i.e one free round mini golf. Discount on fishing and a few other discounts in Disney.

Was at POFQ

Hmmm
I don't know...I usually don't pay attention. Many times the buses enter a resort by a completely different entrance. I do know that whever I have stayed, there has been a line with key access. It's usually over to the far right...there is one lane for the guard shack and then one with a gate for keyed access beside it.

I don't know...I usually don't pay attention. Many times the buses enter a resort by a completely different entrance. I do know that whever I have stayed, there has been a line with key access. It's usually over to the far right...there is one lane for the guard shack and then one with a gate for keyed access beside it.

Thanks!

Dang, they did have that. Silly me for not using it. The guard was probably thinking, what a doof! lol

Now I want to go back just to use it. lol

Someone could have printed a fake parking permit. The key is a double check I guess. Most resorts have a key lane.

Also I have been there where if its slow its only the monorail.

I can assure you, we never shut down ferryboats completely due to attendance. There's no way management would rely on monofails to work consistently without a backup.

During the slow season, in the middle of the day, we used to run 1 ferryboat. As monorail issues have increased and due to the time required to bring a 2nd ferryboat online in the event of issues, this is no longer the norm. I don't even think last year we went down to 1 in the off-season. There are always 2 running unless there is a mechanical or medical issue and even in that case we still have 1 running and can use alternate slips if necessary. The only time the ferries are completely out of service by decision rather than circumstance is if the wind gets too high.

I can assure you, we never shut down ferryboats completely due to attendance. There's no way management would rely on monofails to work consistently without a backup.

During the slow season, in the middle of the day, we used to run 1 ferryboat. As monorail issues have increased and due to the time required to bring a 2nd ferryboat online in the event of issues, this is no longer the norm. I don't even think last year we went down to 1 in the off-season. There are always 2 running unless there is a mechanical or medical issue and even in that case we still have 1 running and can use alternate slips if necessary. The only time the ferries are completely out of service by decision rather than circumstance is if the wind gets too high.

I guess there could have been an issue but one trip in late Feb first thing in the morning, we were directed to the monorail, we had no choice, there was a CM blocking access to the ferry dock. Also there was no weather issue.

I can only report what happened.

Was at POFQ

Hmmm

What you are referring to is a AAA (or possibly other travel provider) booklet of package entitlements. The parking pass is for a specific lot within the Disney parks parking lots. It has absolutely nothing to do with being allowed into the lot itself or into the resort...it's just permission to park in a certain place at the 4 parks. If you had a resort parking permit (a sheet of paper with your name, resort, dates, etc printed on it that you're supposed to display on your dash), that's all the attendants at the parking lot gates need to see *at the parks*. At the resorts, you have to either use a key to access the automated gate or show some ID to the guard at the gate.

What you are referring to is a AAA (or possibly other travel provider) booklet of package entitlements. The parking pass is for a specific lot within the Disney parks parking lots. It has absolutely nothing to do with being allowed into the lot itself or into the resort...it's just permission to park in a certain place at the 4 parks. If you had a resort parking permit (a sheet of paper with your name, resort, dates, etc printed on it that you're supposed to display on your dash), that's all the attendants at the parking lot gates need to see *at the parks*. At the resorts, you have to either use a key to access the automated gate or show some ID to the guard at the gate.

No we booked with Disney. The paper did say POFQ on it. When we first arrived prior to check-in the guard thought we had already checked-in because of the paper we had with the resort name and dates on it.

When I told him I got it in the mail he was puzzled.

Must be something new..

No we booked with Disney. The paper did say POFQ on it. When we first arrived prior to check-in the guard thought we had already checked-in because of the paper we had with the resort name and dates on it.

Must be something new..
How long ago was this??? Just curious.

Must be something new..

So was it intended to be your parking permit for the whole trip or just a temporary?

The pass had the dates for our whole trip but POFQ also gave us a pass as well so I put both on the dash.

Just so I can clear my conscience. Am I breaking any Disney rules by taking the resort monorail from TTC to MK and vice versa to avoid long lines? I did look around high and low and did not see any signs that said resort monorails are for monorail resort guests only..

Just wondering.

Thanks and love the DISboards iPhone app....

Just so I can clear my conscience. Am I breaking any Disney rules by taking the resort monorail from TTC to MK and vice versa to avoid long lines? I did look around high and low and did not see any signs that said resort monorails are for monorail resort guests only..

Just wondering.

Of course not.

Just wondering.

No problem at all. But keep in mind....yes, you may see a longer line for the Express line, but the time it takes the Express line to get to MK is a lot less vs the Resort line. The Resort monorail takes almost 20 mins to get to MK!!! And that's if there are no issues along the track!!!

Then again, I would never drive to the TTC, even if I have a rental car. That's the one park I always take the bus to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter