• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Would LOVE if anyone can help our room block! :-)

prisigtr

Earning My Ears
Hey Everyone!

I am very new here (actually didn't know about this discussion forum until I started to plan for my wedding)!

My fiancé, Billy, and I are getting married on May 17th, 2013 (we are about 49 days out). Our RSVP deadline was today and we've only received about half of them back, lol, but that's another story!

We have a room block of 25 room nights and currently only have 9 filled. I am getting worried that we won't be able to fill it and have to pay the difference for those unused room nights. :-/ I really don't know if I am worrying too soon (will our guests book in the next week or so?) or if my concerns are valid.

Basically, to sum all this up, if there is anyone out there that will be visiting WDW the week of May 13th (our block starts on the 16th and ends on the 18th), I would be so appreciative of the help!

Thanks in advance!
Priscilla

You should call Disney World now and let them know of your situation. They will let you know buy when you have to cancel without penalty. I am pretty sure you are still okay for the next few weeks to cancel without penalty.

Hey there! Thank you for the reply! I receive an e-mail update from my room block manager every month and he knows how many rooms I have booked. Our room block becomes open to the public on April 17th, so I have told all of my guests to book before then (here's to hoping they will hurry and make their reservations soon so I can have a little more piece of mind, lol). According to my contract (and my wedding planner assistant), I can't cancel the room block. :-(

I know exactly how you feel but I was able to lower my room block down to 12 and I took 8 out of those 12 nights. We are still unsure about the rest but it is better to deal with four compared to ten. So see if you can lower the room nights as well

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter