Would like to know about high resolution photo sites for uploading pics

Bete

DIS Veteran
My best one is smugmug. You can go 3 to 4 megapixels with uploading your pictures there. Another site, Photopost isn't high resolution enough for me.

Are there any other good ones out there? I feel these high resolution photo sites are hard to come by; because, the space considerations are enormous. Any help would be appreciated.

So far, Smugmug seems to be the best. I will be curious as to what others say.

Is this for printing or showing off? Costco lets me upload the full resolution photos. I use it for printing more so then sharing with folks.

I normally resize down and upload to flickr.com. I use Smugmug for photos I want professionally printed and Costco for personal or quick prints.

Can I ask why you need such a high resolution to post photo's to the internet? I can understand you want a bigger picture but the only time you need to posta larger photo is to send it to be printed.

smug has unlimited space (unless something has changed)
the monthly/yearly cost is by the amount of bandwidth used. Great for archiving your best photos, and being able to print very big.

great third party uploaders also, for uploading large batches. I upload every night when we are at the world.

If anyone wishes you may use my discount code for $5 off a subscription

EDfLfDAAygNVM

MIkeeee

Fotki has unlimited storage for 50 a year, right now they have a special for 30 a year, they allow hot linking,,,,they also have cobranding and youcan set your site up to sell your pictures if you want..

smug has unlimited space (unless something has changed)
the monthly/yearly cost is by the amount of bandwidth used. Great for archiving your best photos, and being able to print very big.

great third party uploaders also, for uploading large batches. I upload every night when we are at the world.

If anyone wishes you may use my discount code for $5 off a subscription

EDfLfDAAygNVM

MIkeeee

Smugmug had a major revision this week - the cost is a fixed yearly subscription with three tier levels ($40 / $60 / $149), and each level offers a greater degree of flexibility and customizability. ALL levels have unlimited storage and unlimited bandwidth (not a pay as you go arrangement) Click here and scroll down to the 6th comment from their CEO to see the latest in bandwidth freedom. The first two tiers have an 8MB file limit size, the third tier (typically pro accounts) has 16MB file limits.

I have been a customer for about 5 months now, and am very satisified. Additionally, their customer service is absolutely top notch.

If you are looking for a place to archive / share / sell your pictures, it is the best thing going! For additional info, look here and here

Am I missing something here..... Smugmug will only let you upload pictures that are 4Megapixles? So if you are shooting with an 8 MP camera are you losing quality? From what I've been reading it seems that you don't but I think I'm confused:confused3 :confused: :headache:

I upload my fill 8 MP and have printed as large as 20x16 and never have seen any loss of quality. :confused3

Am I missing something here..... Smugmug will only let you upload pictures that are 4Megapixles? So if you are shooting with an 8 MP camera are you losing quality? From what I've been reading it seems that you don't but I think I'm confused:confused3 :confused: :headache:

I also use Phanfare. Unlimited storage and it will hold videos up to 5min in length too! I love it!

Lynn

I've been using Flickr for putting up my photos. I started using it because my friends and coworkers were using for their photos. I just checked, the Pro account is 24.95 per year and it has unlimited storage with a limit of 10MB per photo.

Hey Lynn - videos on phanfare can be 10 minutes now. They upped it recently. Cool, eh?

caniswolfie - I have recently gotten on flickr to set up the calendar pages group. I've been having a lot of fun there. One thing I don't like though is that if you don't make your photo private then people can download it - so I haven't been posting much there.

Hey Lynn - videos on phanfare can be 10 minutes now. They upped it recently. Cool, eh?

caniswolfie - I have recently gotten on flickr to set up the calendar pages group. I've been having a lot of fun there. One thing I don't like though is that if you don't make your photo private then people can download it - so I haven't been posting much there.

You can make your photos set to Non Download on Flickr by going into your account, then click on the privacy & permissions "tab." Once there you can set who may be able to download your images. The only caveat on this is that if you set a Creative Commons license on your images, it will use that for determining whether the image can be downloaded instead of this setting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter