Would it be too crazy to lock your valuables to your lawn chair?

Tonya2

Earning My Ears
I bought a new digital camcorder and 4megapixal digital camara all in one device, for our cruise and I love it!! Naturally I have been thinking of how to take it with us to the beaches,(we are going on the 7 night eastern), and still keep it safe when I am not using it, so heres a thought. Ofcourse it comes in a nice padded camera case with a long strap, so what about using a combination lock and locking the strap or hook on the bag to the lawn chair on the beach? I don't know if this is too crazy, or even possible, I don't know what the chairs are like, but maybe those who have been and dealt with this same kind of thing can share what you did or tell me if I'm crazy for taking a pad lock! Thanks!!

I think that would definately be a deterrent for a thief. I also think that a lot of the beaches have lockers so you could rent a locker for the day. Good Luck and have fun.:wave:

If a thief really wants your bag, the lock won't stop them at all. They would cut the strap or hooks and be gone.

Why not just get some waterproof cameras for the beaches?

:sunny:

I have a nice digital camera - but I don't take it to the beach due to sand - I am afraid of the sand getting into the camera and ruining it or sratching the lens- So I bring a less expensive digital camera - I do bring my video camera, but if it is not in use, I put it right back in the bag and usually one of us is there to watch it -

I am all for protecting your electronics! They don't come cheap - You'll have to be creative - If a person really wants your stuff, they'll just take the chair that everything is strapped to!

I saw where one DISer on this board "hides" his in a small collapsible, zip up cooler. Who would think? Just a thought...princess:

This is a good question. Do they have lockers at CC?

I'm paranoid someone might grab my stuff too, but I'm trying to avoid disposable cameras. I have a real problem with waiting for film to be developed!

Excellent question!
Are there lockers at CC???
Anyone know????
Thanks,
Kim
:flower3:

There are no lockers at CC.

We did not bring our digital camera out there - just the waterproof disposable fugi ones.

To keep your stuff absolutly safe will take a little pre planing.
What you need:
a Gallon sized ziplock bag
a hand towel
a couple of cans of cola or other dark colored soda

Put the towel in the zip lock bag and then add enough soda to make it look totally disgusting.:crazy2: Seal ziplock, Place on top of what ever you want to keep safe and NOONE will touch it while you are gone!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter