Would it be a waste...

slruud

DIS Veteran
to use a one day one park ticket at EPCOT if we didn't get there until 5 - 6 PM on a EMH night? We usually arrive at MCO around 3 PM, and are at POFQ by 4:30- 5 PM. Thanks.:confused3

It depends what you do, and how the crowds will be. Maybe you could have dinner and then watch illuminations? That's always nice or stroll around world showcase and explore each of the countries. Just keep in mind, if you plan on doing anything in the future world part, a lot of the attractions close at 7pm and you'll have no choice but to stay in World showcase. Of course, you could always just hang out at your resort and just rest from the trip to Florida. Have fun!

I guess it depends on how many days are on your tickets to begin with. The more days you buy, the cheaper they get per day. For example, I was going to only buy a 6-day ticket since we're not arriving until late-afternoon, but it only cost an extra $2-$3 per person to add a 7th day. So I figure for that price, I can't go wrong! We're going to MGM at about 6 for dinner and maybe a couple of attractions. It is open until 10, and it's an EMH night, but I doubt we'll stay late. Even if our flight is delayed and we decide not to go to the park at all, we're only out a few dollars for the unused day.
I know that I couldn't be at WDW and not go to a park the first day - I'm too excited to wait. The exception would be if I had a very early flight, but still didn't arrive until late in the day. This year, we're taking an afternoon flight, so we should be good to go at night! Good luck in your decision and have a great time! :wizard:

I agree with the previous poster, The cost of the extra day is so low that we will buy an extra day for our arrival day. We always go to Epcot and have a nice dinner in WS and watch Illuminations. It means we are There to us!!
Have a great trip.

I would have to say that this depends on what time of year you are going. If it is during a peak time, it might be difficult to ride a lot of rides on an EMH evening. If it is during a slower time of year, you might be able to get a lot of rides in that evening.
If you're going with the intent to ride a lot of the rides, I'm not sure how successful that would be.
If you're going with the intent just to see Epcot, walk around the World Showcase, eat something tasty in one of the countries, see Illuminations, then I think it would be worth it for sure!

to use a one day one park ticket at EPCOT if we didn't get there until 5 - 6 PM on a EMH night? We usually arrive at MCO around 3 PM, and are at POFQ by 4:30- 5 PM. Thanks.:confused3

We always go to EPCOT walk around the WS and then have dinner at the Rose and Crown Pub and eat outside on the patio and watch illuminations. I think it's worth it.

We've already got our park hoppers, and was just hoping EPCOT rides would go until 9 or so. Guess we'll just have to sit at the bar at POR and listen to the piano man. Thanks for the replys.

Might I suggest Downtown Disney or Boardwalk?

Lots of Disney atmosphere without the pesky entrance fee.

(Plus, If you go to Boardwalk, you can walk over to the Yacht and Beach Club and watch the fireworks from there whilst sipping a milkshake from Beaches and Cream. I'm pretty sure that's kind of what heaven is like.:banana: )

That's exactly what I was going to suggest, Piffle!
We love going to DTD. It has a great atmosphere and great food. We only went to the Boardwalk for the first time last year and we loved it! Both would be great options for your first night.

Whether it would be worth it depends upon several factors. If you've already got 7 day tickets, an extra day would be 2 bucks. If you've got a stray 1 day ticket lying around you're never going to otherwise use, well it might be worth it too. If you're going for 3 days and thnking of adding a 4th on the ticket, well that may not be worth it.

W usually arrive around 3. But we drive from a fairly good distance so we always plan a dinner at Chef Mickey's our first night. We've found it gives us time for a nap if we get there on time or if we don't, we have some flex time in there. If we don't nap, after Chef Mickey's we crash.

I seem to remember the more popular FW rides open later than the 7:00 closing time. Not all the pavillions, but TT, MS, Soarin? I am almost positive I remember hearing the whizzing of TT past 7:00. Maybe someone else can either confirm or set me straight?:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter