Would I regret it?! Please tell me!

Scrappy520

Mouseketeer
OK, I just switched from a cat. 9 to a cat.7 [nav's verandah] for the 7-day the wknd after Thanksgiving this yr. This would be our 1st cruise ever & we were one of those who had to stay behind because of Frances.

I figured w/ the 25% disc. I'm supposed to receive, it'd be nice to surprise my husband who really wants the verandah - even though he's never cruised before. How the heck does he know he'd like it...men!

Anyway, would I regret this switch & having spent the $$$? He doesn't know anything about it since it's a surprise to him.

No way, you won't regret it!!! Think about a quiet, leisurely room service breakfast on the verandah, cool breezes in the afternoon with just you and your book on your private verandah, enjoying a glass of wine at sunset on your verandah....:lovestruc

PoohJen - if you put it that way...I guess I can't regret it!

I can just picture my dh & dd8 faces when we walk into the room. I think the look they'll have on their faces will make it all worth while. They will probably think we got the wrong room!

You wont regret it at all. We had a cat 6 this year and it was wonderful, the only problem was that this was our 1st cruise and we were spoilt, dont think I can travel any other way again. LOL

Don't know if this will help, but this was our experience.

We were on the Sept. 18th cruise. It was or first cruise.

DD turned 5 on the cruise, DS is 9mo. When we booked, my husband said he, too, really wanted a verandah. A week before we left, my DD broke her ankle and was in a swimming cast. (just got cast off yesterday)

All that being said, we LOVED our verandah. Some of my most wonderful memories were from verandah time.

Early our first morning at sea, my daughter had awoken and needed help to the head. She slept in the ceiling bunk the whole trip and never had problems going up the ladder, just a couple of times needed assistance coming down. After using the facillities, she asked, "Mama, can we go sit on our verandah?" I nodded, and we walked around the crib out to our private space, and cuddled on the chair. We watched a shooting star and made a wish. We whispered about the wonder and awesomeness of the ocean, how it was scary and pretty cool, too. She asked if that was what God's love was like, big and powerful, but pretty. We whispered about missing my Dad who had died this past year, and how he must be an angel up there in the stars. And then she snuggled into my neck and fell asleep.

My baby boy learned to walk and push the table on that verandah, too. And my husband, who's had to play stay at home dad this past year since his layoff, looked relaxed and at peace as he sat there with a cup of coffee and a croissant and my kids were crawling around on the floor.

Sorry for the length, but for us, the verandah was worth it.

We cruised last year on a Royal Caribbean ship, in an inside cabin. It was fine, we had a great time on the cruise.

On August 28th of this year, we walked into our cabin on the Disney Magic, and immediately we could see the ocean from the far end of the cabin.... We walked straight through the cabin and out onto the verandah, looked at each other and said "THIS WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOO WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!" And it was! We used that verandah a lot more than I originally thought we would. If you are able to do it financially, then definitely do it! ::yes:: :sunny:

Yippeee, verandah, here we come!!!

OK, Ok, OK, you guys convinced me! Thanks for all your great stories & for making me feel so much better about spending an xtra $940!!!

We got rm 6636. I hope that's good location.

Millie

We love having a verandah and the Navigators are our favorites.

A little more enclosed than a regular verandah with a metal bottom but the plusses more than make up for it.

* More private

* Padded bench and chair instead of two chairs

* Very, very convenient to Beach Blanket or Topsiders (great to run up and get breakfast and bring it down to have on the verandah.

* A little bonus - your muster station is in Animators Palette so while others are standing out in the sun you'll be sitting in air conditioned comfort!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter