Would I end up losing these points?

skateshome

Mouseketeer
Looking at pulling the trigger on a DVC purchase that will have just over 100 points that must be used before Feb 2016. Since I havent started the process yet I would assume it would be the end of Sept or first of Oct before I actually have them in my name and can sell them. Since they have to be used by Feb what's the chances of getting stuck with these and not being able to sell them or even book my own vacation because DVC is already booked solid? Thoughts? I really need some help here because it didn't even cross my mind that DVC could possible be sold out 4 months in advance until I spoke to a really nice lady at David's.

I would be shocked if SSR and OKW and AKV are sold out in January as long as it's not marathon weekend. We were able to book a January dvc vacation when we closed on our contract in November. Depending on how close you are you could also take a nice relaxing escape to Hilton head or vero beach which certainly won't be sold out.

Well, you are coming up on the busy time of year, Summer, Thanksgiving and Christmas. If those points are not already banked from last year, with a February use year, you can bank them up to September 30, for use next year...or require the current owners to do so when you make the offer. Again, assuming they are not already banked.

Thanks guys....I feel a little better about it. They have already been banked and have to be used by feb 2016.

While there is a good chance you will be able to use them there is some risk you won't and I would take that into account in the price you offer to pay

I agree to consider them of little to no value but I do think you will be able to use them especially if you have some flexibility.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter