Would bringing Mystic Manor to WDW be a good thing?

ronDisney

the Ron of RonnMel
I somehow saw a vid of the Mystic Manor attraction they have at Hong Kong Disneyland. The attraction is WAAAAY cool. Now while I do say that it could NEVER replace the Haunted Mansion, perhaps it could be placed near TOT in HS. It does fit with the mood of the Tower and the attraction itself is just fun fun fun!!

Even if MM being placed in WDW wouldn't even be an option, I'm surprised that WDW doesn't have any kind of attraction that uses the trackless system in a dark ride. I realize that TOT does use it, but not to the extent of MM as an invisible track to lead cars throughout the attraction. I also read that MM has different rooms that people go through depending on the car they're in. Very cool!!!

I think these little bits of variations definitely make them more fun and entice more desire for multiple ride-throughs. I know that's what I enjoy about Star Tours 2.0. (I'm still hoping to be the SPY one day hahahaha).

It would be sooo amazing. Talk about an e-ticket!! It was the first ride we rode in HKDL and it really was like no other ride I've been on. I wish I could get to HKDL more but the plane ride/commute from the east coast (of the U.S.) is a bummer.

Many of the non-US attractions are SPECTACULAR, and would play very well at WDW and DLR.

Tokyo Disney Sea attractions are marvels, too!

I understand that other Disney parks should have attractions that help set them apart, but I don't understand why the head honchos, rarely ever think about bringing NON US attractions back to WDW and DL, or at least use the technology to create something that they feel might fit better to the park. I hope that if the 3 billion dollar HS expansion is true, then part of that price tag includes new attractions that use the very latest in theme park attraction technology. :)

Shanghai CMs are taking over! They are definitely making that expansion a big deal.

Seeing some of the resort models at One Man's Dream lobby is definitely an eye opener. I'm not sure why all of them would want to come here. I hear Paris has a way better Space Mountain, for one. Other than being an original of Walts.

I'd love for more technology rides to come (Pandora maybe?) that don't happen to have a mystic slant to them. How about something Marvel for once? Plenty for Star Wars. Plenty for any subject matter that doesnt have to be iffy...

Shanghai CMs are taking over! They are definitely making that expansion a big deal.
Seeing some of the resort models at One Man's Dream lobby is definitely an eye opener.

I'm not sure why all of them would want to come here. I hear Paris has a way better Space Mountain, for one. Other than being an original of Walts.

I'd love for more technology rides to come (Pandora maybe?) that don't happen to have a mystic slant to them. How about something Marvel for once? Plenty for Star Wars. Plenty for any subject matter that doesnt have to be iffy...

All of whom?

So one thing about Mystic Manor, it is the Chinese replacement for Haunted Mansion. Over the years companies have been self editing when it comes to supernatural aspects in China (You see this largely in Video Games and other things). While China has no laws against supernatural stuff in media in the past some companies have had difficulty getting things released due to the Chinese censors. Because of this companies avoid certain things (Chinese censors and skeletons seem to get a lot of press in the States) and it seems like this was the case with Mystic Manor. I don't think it will make an appearance in the states though. Mystic Manor only really fits the themeing of Adventureland which is very tight on space on both coasts.

As for the trackless ride system, I am also surprised it has not made it's way to WDW yet. Pooh's Hunny Hunt in Tokyo and I believe the new Ratatouille in Paris both also use this ride system. I'm sure we will see a ride with it in the future but it's got to fit. In the near future I would think that the rumored Pixar expansion would be the most likely to use it.

While I believe the technologies are different, both the Great Movie Ride and Ellen's Energy Adventure are technically trackless ride systems.

While I believe the technologies are different, both the Great Movie Ride and Ellen's Energy Adventure are technically trackless ride systems.

Toy Story Midway Mania (at three Disney parks) utilizes a trackless ride system.

Wow. That ride looks amazing. I've never heard of it before. I watched a full ride experience video on YouTube with exterior, queue and ride. It looks amazing.

All of whom?
All the international guests that come from areas that have a newer Disney property. In the case of the UK guests, they do like Paris, but the service isn't as good, plus we have beaches. But the others that have newer Disneys, not sure why they all want to come to see ours, except for that its the Walt Originals. We are the number One destination in the world...

Recently, I heard a rumor that Mystic Manor will come to Disneyland Resort in California, and that it will be announced at D23 this month. I guess we'll find out soon if there's any truth to it.

On another thread, someone mentioned that Tokyo has an exclusivity guarantee, in which Disney promises not to clone their unique attractions for a certain number of years. I am not sure if that also covers Hong Kong.

Finally one more point: foreign travellers have good reason to visit the stateside Disney resorts, because those offer lots of attractions not available overseas. Plus, the Harry Potter lands at Universal drew lots of UK visitors -- and of course they will come to Disney, too.

Last edited:
All the international guests that come from areas that have a newer Disney property. In the case of the UK guests, they do like Paris, but the service isn't as good, plus we have beaches. But the others that have newer Disneys, not sure why they all want to come to see ours, except for that its the Walt Originals. We are the number One destination in the world...

You also do not speak French in the US Disney parks, which is a real perk :) I think that's the case for international visitors to chose a US Disney park over Tokyo or Hong Kong. Language barriers.
Plus WDW is bigger, you can stay there longer. If you going to spend a lot of money to travel far, you want to be there for a longer time (imho). If you don't want to visit Japan, a few days in Disney Tokyo are expensive. Same with Disneyland Paris.

You also do not speak French in the US Disney parks, which is a real perk :) I think that's the case for international visitors to chose a US Disney park over Tokyo or Hong Kong. Language barriers.
Plus WDW is bigger, you can stay there longer. If you going to spend a lot of money to travel far, you want to be there for a longer time (imho). If you don't want to visit Japan, a few days in Disney Tokyo are expensive. Same with Disneyland Paris.

But if you already live in Japan, I wonder how it could be more cost effective to fly to the US and go to Disney here? And I don't see them using much English either, even if what I understand about your comment is that the majority of countries use English as a second language rather than a Japanese speaker trying to get by in China or France.

It just sounds like their newer Resorts and parks might offer some better attractions although I know we typically have more Resorts here.

I meant the visitors from countries who don't have a Disney park. For Australia Hong Kong is the closest, but also the smallest. Japan is a little further, but Japan is an expensive country to travel to and the language issue.

I meant the visitors from countries who don't have a Disney park. For Australia Hong Kong is the closest, but also the smallest. Japan is a little further, but Japan is an expensive country to travel to and the language issue.
That I understand completely. But my original comment (even prior to Robo) was why the ones that do have these awesome new parks and great attractions still want to come here...

That I understand completely. But my original comment (even prior to Robo) was why the ones that do have these awesome new parks and great attractions still want to come here...
For the same reason Americans who have already experienced domestic parks travel to other countries.

Recently, I heard a rumor that Mystic Manor will come to Disneyland Resort in California, and that it will be announced at D23 this month. I guess we'll find out soon if there's any truth to it.

On another thread, someone mentioned that the foreign parks have an exclusivity guarantee, in which Disney promises not to clone their unique attractions for a certain number of years. Which would explain why nothing from Tokyo, Paris or Hong Kong has been cloned stateside. I am not sure if that also covers Manor.

Finally one more point: foreign travellers have good reason to visit the stateside Disney resorts, because those offer lots of attractions not available overseas. Plus, the Harry Potter lands at Universal drew lots of UK visitors -- and of course they will come to Disney, too.

OH MAN!! Exclusivity guarantee. I suppose that makes sense. But, it's not that they should make a carbon copy / clone of any NON-US attractions, but what if they could re-purpose the technology and set up an attraction modelled for a US Disney park (DL or WDW).

On another thread I started, I mused about an idea for a "good" Stitch attraction LOL.

Perhaps they could use the trackless and multiple room scenario and mix it in with elements from TSMM or Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin to create a sort of "Tag the Experiments" attraction. The premise could be that a spaceship carrying a bunch of Stitch's "relatives" has crash landed and is causing a bit of commotion throughout a nearby town. It's up to us, to use these laser taggers to identify as many of the experiments as possible, so that Lilo and Stitch can find them and help them find a new home here on earth.

You could have a "how many experiments did you find" point system, as well as having the laser taggers, which are NOT bolted down to the car (much like the ranger spin in DL), be able to cause interactive environment effects when you "tag" them.

On another thread, someone mentioned that the foreign parks have an exclusivity guarantee, in which Disney promises not to clone their unique attractions for a certain number of years. Which would explain why nothing from Tokyo, Paris or Hong Kong has been cloned stateside. I am not sure if that also covers Manor.
Lights Motors Action was cloned from DLParis in 2005. It originally opened in 2002. That isn't to say there wasn't a smaller exclusivity agreement on that attraction. Just pointing it out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter