Would bringing a guitar to FTW be rude or intrusive?

I think it's AWESOME! For me, it would fit right in with the theming. My Goddaughter and I went to Disney a year ago, and we would laugh at how it was hard to tell where Disney ended and reality began, so whenever we saw something fun or wonderful at the resort, we'd pretend to be directors. Your scene would be:

"Cue giant moon over trees"
"Cue tiny peeping frogs"
"Cue fireflies"
"Cue fun loving dude playing his acoustic guitar on his porch"
"Cue happy neighbors noticing, and wandering over to join in the music"
and then, of course,
"Cue cantankerous neighbor shaking fist at happy singing people":rotfl:

Have a wonderful time--wish we were staying at FW!

Why am I reminded of that JuicyFruit gum ad where the guitar gets busted and thrown in the fire.. ? :)

I guess my answer here would be I'd take the guitar but maybe only play it based on how high the 'Get off my lawn' quotient was among those attending.

In other words.. I'd only play based on the receptivity of the crowd..

I think it's AWESOME! For me, it would fit right in with the theming. My Goddaughter and I went to Disney a year ago, and we would laugh at how it was hard to tell where Disney ended and reality began, so whenever we saw something fun or wonderful at the resort, we'd pretend to be directors. Your scene would be:

"Cue giant moon over trees"
"Cue tiny peeping frogs"
"Cue fireflies"
"Cue fun loving dude playing his acoustic guitar on his porch"
"Cue happy neighbors noticing, and wandering over to join in the music"
and then, of course,
"Cue cantankerous neighbor shaking fist at happy singing people":rotfl:

Have a wonderful time--wish we were staying at FW!

Wow good faerie, you really know how to set the scene, I'm there already...like Andy and Barney sitting on the porch, folk singing on a summer evening. :) The cantakerous neighbor, we shall refer to as "Squidward". :laughing:

Why am I reminded of that JuicyFruit gum ad where the guitar gets busted and thrown in the fire.. ? :)

Which also reminds of the scene from "Animal House" where Blutowski (John Belushi) grabs the frat boys guitar and smashes it to pieces. I'm usually a pretty good judge of a situation, so if I sense I'm offending I'll shall retreat indoors and play.

My son on our trip last August to FW...

cabinporch.jpg

He didn't bring an amp because I didn't want him disturbing other people. An acoustic would have been nicer, but he just purchased this and was excited to use it. I kept trying to get him to play the theme song from "Deliverance" but he would just roll his eyes at me. :lmao:

It was our first time at the cabins and it so much fun that we are headed back this summer. So take that guitar and have a wonderful time!

Depends on how quiet it is at FTW.

If it is quiet and I wanted to just go out and enjoy it I would be a bit miffed if someone was out there singing, playing the radio or a guitar.

But my nearest neighbor at our house is a good 1/3 mile away. I LIKE quiet.

Our noisiest neighbor is a church through the woods and if the wind is blowing just right I can hear them sometimes if I am outside. :lmao: I usually hear the drums and amped guitars they use. :confused3:) It really does not bother us but the first time I heard the music I was shocked to hear the band. Took a few minutes to figure out that the music was from the church. :lmao:

I never understood why anyone would take a radio or instrument when camping. I thought the point in camping was to enjoy the outdoors and experience Mommy Nature? Kinda hard to do listening to the radio. Might as well stay home. Not that FTW is really the Wilderness. :laughing:

Later,
Dan

It would bother us...our neighbor is a band teacher and a local high school and a few evenings a week we here him play his trumpet or drums...we enjoy sitting outside listing.He has had no other complants from other neighbors either...:thumbsup2 I prob wouldnt even notice it if I was at FW on vacation.

My son was an avid guitar player so my first thought was that I would not mind. Then, I thought back to many years ago when our neighbor at Old Key West brought his violin on vacation. Our one bedroom was was part of a two bedroom lockoff and he was in the studio side. I'm sure they enjoyed the music but for us it was horrible. Fortunately, our children were not infants or toddlers in need of naps because it would have been impossible. Perhaps your location is better suited for it but if you make it unpleasant for even one neighbor, it may not be worth it.

I wouldn't want to listen to someone playing an instrument.

And I particularly wouldn't want to hear an instrument if someone was trying to take a nap!

Just thought I would mention my opposing viewpoint, since you asked.

Fair enough... but do you go camping much? Sit around campfires with friends? Cook on coleman stoves? Eat borracho beans with rough flour tortillas?

Just asking... not trying to be rude. You just don't sound like the camping type, is all I'm saying.

I grew up camping and there was often people who sat around and played music. No wild hours or questionable lyrics should be great. You might even find a backup singer or two.

IMO, it's an awesome idea. If my husband and I were there, you'd have two new friends. :goodvibes

Guitars & camping, I wish I were going to be there! Have fun!

I wish I would have seen this post earlier I would agree with all of these as I have been a camper for 48 of my 55 years

Thanks for all your replies, I was thinking it would be ok! :) Nice to hear from some other guitar enthusiasts also. :thumbsup2 Actually I would love if I could get some neighbors to join in; vocal accompaniment is usually hard to find, unless of course there's alchohol involved, then it's abundant. :laughing:
I doub't my playing would go too late and nothing raucous either.
I came of age in the 70's so I'm mostly a Beatles/Stones/Johnny Cash/Willie Nelson kind of guy.
Well ok then... I guess my carry-on is gonna be my Ovation! :yay:

Nice! :thumbsup2
Enjoy!!

I would guess few will complain, unless you start in with a bunch of Dylan and Dwayne Eddy songs. Let me know how it goes, and I might be inspired to bring my trumpet.

the only thing that would make it better is if someone joined in with a harmonica (bring me back to the old days (early 70s) at foster Ave. Beach in Chicago!

We stayed in the Cabins in January and I think you're guitar playing sounds like fun and appropriate :thumbsup2

Unlike some other posters, I would cut it off around 8 pm. With 4 kids between 3 and 11, I would not be happy about someone keeping my little darlings up any later than necessary, especially at Disney when lack of sleep makes for a day from Hades :eek: And trust me, if they weren't sleeping because of guitar playing (no matter how mellow and lovely :)), I'd be calling the Front Desk pronto.

For us, it's all about the sleep :dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter