• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Would be cool...wake up calls at the Fort.

PaHunter

Reasonably Knowledgable Individual.
Think it would be awesome if you could get the pre recorded calls from Mickey while staying at the Fort.
I know it would have to come to your cell phone as there is not a phone on the site. Just think of how awesome it would be. Maybe I am too big a kid at heart. :earsboy:

I was thinking the same thing. I didn't realize that you could get this in the other resorts. When I did find out, my first thought was how could they do it at the Fort?

I was reading another thread about CM's being able to text to your phone. Whole magic band big brother thing. which got me thinking, my sister stays at resorts and they get wake up calls. The Fort has your number on file, sure writing a computer program for it wouldn't be too hard. I haven't kept up took a Fortran and Cobol class way back in high school. But betting it could be done. And where are there a lot of kids ?? The Fort !!

I found a fun app for Android (don't know if it's available for iPhone). It's called Disney Memories HD. The primary function was for taking photos and decorating with disney stickers, mouse ears, frames, etc. But it also includes an alarm function for wake up calls, birthdays, and appointments. When the alarm goes off the character of your choice gives a wake up message. I ran through all of the characters and alarms I might use hoping to have them stored in cache in case we don't have a great internet connection. We are definitely going to use it on our trip coming up in 3 weeks! I don't think it is on the Play store anymore, but google for the .apk and you can find copies out there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter