• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Would appreciate the advice...

bwtk

Earning My Ears
Am thinking about using DVC points for a 3 day cruise next year.

I was wondering if it is possible to use DVC points and to obtain an upgrade to a Category 1, 2 or 3 stateroom. Has anyone heard if this has been done, and if so, what this would entail. I would be willing to use either cash or DVC points.

No, you cannot use points for these catagories of staterooms, I tried to and they told me you can only use them on cat 4 and lower.

Categories 1, 2 & 3 are not available for points. My understanding is that you can pay cash for an upgrade once you arrive on the ship. However, the chances of one of these cabins being available at that time are very small. The main reason you cannot get Catr 1, 2 or 3 cabins for points is that they are small in number and book very quickly for cash (usually close to rack).

If you really want a Cat 1, 2 or 3 cabin, do as mooses41 suggests: Book it for cash as soon as you know your dates. Rent the DVC points and use the proceeds to pay for your cruise.

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter