• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Would anyone go to BCV w/out kids? What would you do?

Would we go? Absolutely, it would be preferable :D No crying, no whining, just FUN!!!!

As for adult things to do, what about the ESPN bar or just laying by the pool? Enjoy the resort! Course you could always go pool hopping or have fun miniature golfing or renting a boat over at WL? You could always ride bikes as well... There is SO much to do on property, believe me you could get lost for days....

Now that you mention it, we have seen people at WDW with kids - but we don't know what they do there with them.

Being childless, we've ONLY been to WDW without children - well, there was that 1 time we met up with my cousin and he did have a 9 yr old with him, but that was only for a few hours. We've never had any problem finding things for us to do as adults.

I second all the suggestions of previous posts. DH and I are in our 40's, childless, and bought into DVC Nov. 00 because I enjoy going there and he has learned to love it too!! He's a golfer and sometimes he golfs and I ride in the cart or he golfs and go to the parks (there are somethings he doesn't like doing) and then we have lots of time together to do whatever! We loved our first trip to VWL in Oct 01 and can hardly wait to go back in Oct. 02. Try it you might like it!!:cool:

You'll have a great time. We went on our honeymoon without the kids (2nd marriage) - we were both early 40s. DH had never been.

Sit on your balcony with a glass of wine. Enjoy the hot tubs. Stroll through the gardens at your resort (and other resorts). World Showcase is like a mini trip to other countries - you can have a glass of wine at France, Italy or Germany, shop, visit with the CMs who are from those countries, enjoy the architecture.

Go to the Adventurer's Club at PI - we never wanted to leave. The jazz club is great, too.

Stroll hand in hand through Adventure Land, buy a straw hat at the shop, have a pineapple spear and a Dole Whip (wasted on kids!)

Sit on the beach near the Poly and watch the Water Parade and then the fireworks from MK.

If you go during the Flower Fest at Epcot you can take seminars on gardening. During the Wine Fest there are cooking/wine seminars (with samples!).

Good grief, I need to go back!!

The Flower & Garden Festival is late April through May. Food and Wine Festival is late October through early November. Both are at Epcot and are FANTASTIC!

That's perfect. We are planning on going down late October and late April every year!!

Super, thanks again!

Oh YEAH!! Go during the Food and Wine Festival in October. You can eat and drink your way around the world and it is SOOOOOO delish. You'll be a bit tipsy when you're done, but hey, all you have to do is stumble back to your room at the BCV!!!

:p

Going without the kids is wonderful - it'll open up a whole new world for you! Surely you don't plan to stay home forever as the kids leave for college & to start their own lives <g>....by all means, GO and have fun! Do what you guys want to do, especially the stuff the kids roll their eyes at.

Let's not forget all the people watching you could do. Just watching all the parents struggling with their children gives you a good sense of thankfulness and relaxation.

;) ;) ;)

DH & I went to WDW for our honeymoon & we had a blast. He had never been to WDW before & became a total disney lover from that trip. Every 5th yr. anniversary, we return to WDW to celebrate. These adult-only trips are the BEST. Our DSs (14 & 7) are disney lovers & are lots of fun on vacation. But our child-less trips are all about us. Great dining & lots of relaxation in the best vacation spot in the world.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter