Would anyone be willing to critique my plans?

Aidensmommy22

Mouseketeer
We arrive in 3 weeks. It will be myself, my 2 boys (ages turning 5 & 7), my mom, my brother & SIL. It will be my brother & SIL's first time so I am trying to plan a fun trip for them. I will say that my brother is the most impatient person I have ever known so planning everything is quite the challange. He already thinks he is going to hate standing in lines for rides. I have only made 1 ADR because I just figured it will be easier to wing it. We are staying at Pop Century & we have 4 day military park hoppers. Here goes:

1/20 (MLK holiday) Arrival day- planning to just check out the resorts & DTD. Hoping to eat in DTD for lunch or dinner. Maybe Raglan Road or HOB if we can get in at one of them.

1/21- 1st Park Day- MK, arrive at rope drop, go straight to tomorrowland to ride buzz lightyear (my boys favorite ride), space mountain & tomorrowland speedway first. Work our way around toward fantasyland, hopefully ride most of the rides there, FP+ for Peter Pan @ 11am, ADR for LTT @ 12:15, FP+ for BTMRR @2:30, FP+ for Space Mtn @ 5pm. No specific plans for dinner, CS somewhere. MSEP @ 7pm, Wishes @ 8pm

1/22- 2nd Park Day- Epcot, arrive at rope drop, go straight to test track, then FP+ for Mission space @ 10am, work our way over to the land. FP+ for Soarin @ 11:10am, CS lunch, maybe at Sunshine Seasons, FP+ Spaceship Earth @1pm. I know it probably won't require a FP. There really weren't any other choices to choose from. Then tour the WS & then we could park hop that afternoon/evening. No idea where to go.

1/23- 3rd Park Day- HS, arrive at rope drop, go straight to rockin rollercoaster, then tower of terror, FP+ for TSM @ 10:15am, work our way around the park, FP+ for Star Tours @ 1pm, FP+ for TOT @2:30pm. Not sure what to do after that. Maybe Fantasmic that ngiht?

1/24- 4th Park Day- AK, arrive at rope drop, FP+ for Kilimanjaro Safari @ 9:05am, FP+ for Everest @10:35am, lunch at Flametree BBQ, FP+ for Dinosaur @ 1pm. Again, no plans for the afternoon/evening.

So, thats what I have planned so far. I.m not sure what we should do in the evenings most days & I'm not sure where we should eat. Maybe just stick to CS meals? I would love to hear any input! Thanks!

If you can, convince the boys, ride Space Mtn. first. The line at Buzz after riding Space Mtn. will be shorter than Space Mtn. will be after riding Buzz. Although the difference won't be that huge.

Otherwise it looks fine to me.

If you can, convince the boys, ride Space Mtn. first. The line at Buzz after riding Space Mtn. will be shorter than Space Mtn. will be after riding Buzz. Although the difference won't be that huge.

Otherwise it looks fine to me.

We may do that. I'm hoping I can convince my oldest to ride SM with me. My mom could take my youngest on buzz while we ride SM. Do you know if buzz will hold 3 (2 children, 1 adult) just in case?

Aidensmommy22 said:
We may do that. I'm hoping I can convince my oldest to ride SM with me. My mom could take my youngest on buzz while we ride SM. Do you know if buzz will hold 3 (2 children, 1 adult) just in case?

It should. We went last year with our kids and my in laws and our six year old rode with us and our two year old rode with my husband's parents.

There's only two guns though. Assuming both boys want to shoot (and I can't imagine they wouldn't), it seems to me that one boy would have to sit on the adult's lap in order to reach the gun (unless maybe the adult could sit between the boys), and I'm not sure how comfortable that would be.

I think your plan looks good. I agree to try to ride SM first, as the line there will be longer the later into the day you get. I read that you have park hoppers, I would consider heading back over to MK after your AK day is finished, and you've taken any sort of break you would like. I know with a big group of adults sometimes you think you won't want to be in MK as much,but at 33 there is still no where else I would rather be. Heck I turned 33 in MK. :thumbsup2

I think your plan looks good. I agree to try to ride SM first, as the line there will be longer the later into the day you get. I read that you have park hoppers, I would consider heading back over to MK after your AK day is finished, and you've taken any sort of break you would like. I know with a big group of adults sometimes you think you won't want to be in MK as much,but at 33 there is still no where else I would rather be. Heck I turned 33 in MK. :thumbsup2

Oh yes, I need more than 1 day at MK too :)! I don't think I could get just 4 regular park days & have to choose 1 day to go.

An FP for Mission Space first thing in the morning? I rarely see a queue worth using an FP there, especially if your boy is 5, I would assume you'd be on Green?

Even so, I would say the same for Orange...

We arrive in 3 weeks. It will be myself, my 2 boys (ages turning 5 & 7), my mom, my brother & SIL. It will be my brother & SIL's first time so I am trying to plan a fun trip for them. I will say that my brother is the most impatient person I have ever known so planning everything is quite the challange. He already thinks he is going to hate standing in lines for rides. I have only made 1 ADR because I just figured it will be easier to wing it. We are staying at Pop Century & we have 4 day military park hoppers. Here goes:

1/20 (MLK holiday) Arrival day- planning to just check out the resorts & DTD. Hoping to eat in DTD for lunch or dinner. Maybe Raglan Road or HOB if we can get in at one of them.

1/21- 1st Park Day- MK, arrive at rope drop, go straight to tomorrowland to ride buzz lightyear (my boys favorite ride), space mountain & tomorrowland speedway first. Work our way around toward fantasyland, hopefully ride most of the rides there, FP+ for Peter Pan @ 11am, ADR for LTT @ 12:15, FP+ for BTMRR @2:30, FP+ for Space Mtn @ 5pm. No specific plans for dinner, CS somewhere. MSEP @ 7pm, Wishes @ 8pm

1/22- 2nd Park Day- Epcot, arrive at rope drop, go straight to test track, then FP+ for Mission space @ 10am, work our way over to the land. FP+ for Soarin @ 11:10am, CS lunch, maybe at Sunshine Seasons, FP+ Spaceship Earth @1pm. I know it probably won't require a FP. There really weren't any other choices to choose from. Then tour the WS & then we could park hop that afternoon/evening. No idea where to go.

1/23- 3rd Park Day- HS, arrive at rope drop, go straight to rockin rollercoaster, then tower of terror, FP+ for TSM @ 10:15am, work our way around the park, FP+ for Star Tours @ 1pm, FP+ for TOT @2:30pm. Not sure what to do after that. Maybe Fantasmic that ngiht?

1/24- 4th Park Day- AK, arrive at rope drop, FP+ for Kilimanjaro Safari @ 9:05am, FP+ for Everest @10:35am, lunch at Flametree BBQ, FP+ for Dinosaur @ 1pm. Again, no plans for the afternoon/evening.

So, thats what I have planned so far. I.m not sure what we should do in the evenings most days & I'm not sure where we should eat. Maybe just stick to CS meals? I would love to hear any input! Thanks!
Unfortunately, I believe the Tomorrowland Speedway will be closed beginning 1/6. That's when our trip begins and my two boys are pretty bummed. Just wanted you to be aware.

Looks like you're making the most of your time there. Hope you have an amazing trip!

An FP for Mission Space first thing in the morning? I rarely see a queue worth using an FP there, especially if your boy is 5, I would assume you'd be on Green?

Even so, I would say the same for Orange...

I know, I really don't care about Mission Space but I thought my borther would want to ride Should I change it for later in the day? I'm not sure if he will want to ride later. If we get there at our FP tiem & see there is no wait, will it be too late to change it?

Unfortunately, I believe the Tomorrowland Speedway will be closed beginning 1/6. That's when our trip begins and my two boys are pretty bummed. Just wanted you to be aware.

Looks like you're making the most of your time there. Hope you have an amazing trip!

Oh no, I didn't know that! My boys will be super bummed as well!

Oh no, I didn't know that! My boys will be super bummed as well!
Oh, so sorry - I was wrong! I just double-checked and the Tomorrowland Speedway refurb is from 1/6-1/12, so should be good to go for your trip! I guess I assumed it was going to be a long one like Splash. Sorry about the false alarm! Have a fabulous trip!

We went in oct and there was no wait for space mt or buzz, but there was a wait for the speed way. I would do the speedway first then run to space and finally buzz. Buzz doesnt develop any kind of a line for quite a while.

I know, I really don't care about Mission Space but I thought my borther would want to ride Should I change it for later in the day? I'm not sure if he will want to ride later. If we get there at our FP tiem & see there is no wait, will it be too late to change it?

Shouldn't be too late. I've actually done that a few times this week. As long as you don't use the FP, you can change to something else that's available. I've had no issues this week or last getting something I wanted at a time I wanted (except TSMM) when making changes on the fly.

I just want to chime in about AK- we did the safari FP+ first thing like that and it was perfect. You can walk slow, yet you have time to stop and stare at the oasis and can pick up the wilderness explorer books on your way. My kids had time to get a few badges on our way to the safari, then we walked by the line that had started to form as it seemed to be everybody's first ride.

I just want to chime in about AK- we did the safari FP+ first thing like that and it was perfect. You can walk slow, yet you have time to stop and stare at the oasis and can pick up the wilderness explorer books on your way. My kids had time to get a few badges on our way to the safari, then we walked by the line that had started to form as it seemed to be everybody's first ride.

I'm so glad to hear that! I've heard the animals are most active in the morning so I was thinking that would be best!

We arrive in 3 weeks. It will be myself, my 2 boys (ages turning 5 & 7), my mom, my brother & SIL. It will be my brother & SIL's first time so I am trying to plan a fun trip for them. I will say that my brother is the most impatient person I have ever known so planning everything is quite the challange. He already thinks he is going to hate standing in lines for rides...

Your days look fun! For evenings, I'm a big fan of the park fireworks shows. I see that you've planned to see Wishes/MSEP but no others. Maybe cap your Epcot night with a World Showcase table service followed by Illuminations. Hacienda and Rose and Crown are right on the water and have some tables with views if you time it right. Via Napoli and Teppan Edo are fun for kids. Definitely do F! on your DHS day. One night you may take your kids to Fort Wilderness for the campfire or the hayride. Don't be afraid to go back to the room for a few hours in the afternoon if the crowds get bad. Also, don't be afraid to separate from your brother for a little bit here and there. We all need breaks now and then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter