Worth it to transfer to VFW from KV?

Princesss

Earning My Ears
We are staying on DVC points at KV standard view for five nights but there is no more availability beyond the five nights. We want to stay for seven nights. I can pay to upgrade to Savannah View for $325/night for the other two nights. My husband and I have also always wanted to stay at Wilderness Lodge. We can transfer to Villas at Wilderness Lodge for the last two nights for $312/night. Is it worth the hassle of transferring hotels to experience VWL? I'm thinking we would have to take our luggage on a bus to TTS then a bus/boat to VWL?

We are staying on DVC points at KV standard view for four nights but there is no more availability beyond the five nights. I can pay to upgrade to Savannah View for $325/night. My husband and I have also always wanted to stay at Fort Wilderness. We can transfer to Villas at Fort Wilderness for the last two nights for $312/night. Is it worth the hassle of transferring hotels to experience VFW? I'm thinking we would have to take our luggage on a bus to TTS then a bus/boat to VFW?

There are no villas at Fort Wilderness. They are at Wilderness Lodge and are called the Villas at Wilderness Lodge (VWL).

With DVC points you cannot up grade your reservation. You get what you book. Unless you are saying you will book one more night for cash through Disney Reservation Center.

Do you mean a cabin at Fort Wilderness or the Villas at Wilderness Lodge? :confused3 If AKL is booked for standard view, and it's that much more expensive for the Savannah view, I'd just as soon transfer hotels since you will have to pack everything up anyway.

Available nights change often, so having whoever you are getting point from to waitlist for the extra night has a very high probability of success.

I love to do split stays, but would not do it for 2 nights on a 5 day vacation

As long as you have to pack up and move either way, I'd move to VWL. I prefer at least 3 days, but I'd do 2 if it's a place that I really wanted to try (and it sound like this is). If you give your bags to bell services at AKV and tell them you are moving to VWL, they will move them for you (just don't expect them before 3-5pm). Then you can spend your day in the parks, check into VWL in the afternoon, and get your luggage. :goodvibes

You do not need to take your luggage on the buses!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter