Worth $426 extra to upgrade to a moderate?

I would not do the upgrade. The reason being is that no matter what your resort has bus transportation. If you were upgrading to a deluxe resort that was within walking distance to the parks, boat access or was a monorail resort, I would say it is worth it. I have stayed in values, moderate and deluxe resorts. For me, the extra money is only worth it in terms of easy transportation. If it does not have a monorail, boat or walking path, I will not pay the extra money. I do not spend enough time in the room, nor do we use the pool and you stated the same to justify the costs. So I would stay where you are. There is nothing wrong with your resort. You will have an amazing time, you are at Disney!

We did moderate for our first trip (Coronado) then Pop for our second. We felt Pop was such a better experience over all. It has a much better food court. Lots of small things that we could take back and store in the room for any late night munching. We didn't feel paying more was worth it.

We have always stayed at the All Stars, and are using the free dining promo again. We want to use the regular dining plan, so we'd have to pay to upgrade from the free counter service at the All Stars. If we go to a moderate, the regular plan is free, but we'd have to pay more for the room. I'm trying to convince DH to stay for 12 nights :scared:, since we'll be going in Aug instead of our usual Sept (more crowds & heat = more downtime). It would be 426 more to stay at POR or CB than AS Movies. Thing is, we're not pool people, so that is not a perk for us. Neither is the TS at the resort, since we already have enough "must do" TS to cover all our credits. Would you still choose the moderate for the extra money?

I would definitely pick POR over AS Movies any day. Especially for the length of time that you plan.

My favorite moderate is Dixie Landings/Riverside. Not only are the rooms larger and decorated nicer there is more to do there. There are sit down restaurants in addition to the food court. The pool is much nicer if you do decide to use it. There is a lounge area too.

You can also take a boat to DTD.

People claim that they don't spend much time in their rooms or at a resort to justify the upgrade--Maybe if they had a nicer place to stay then maybe they would spend more time there.

Op have you priced a mod,with a room only discount,then pay for regular dining plan yourself,and tix seperately,vs. the package at the values?
I say this b/c sometimes that's cheaper,as there are only 2 of you.

I would definitely pick POR over AS Movies any day. Especially for the length of time that you plan.

My favorite moderate is Dixie Landings/Riverside. Not only are the rooms larger and decorated nicer there is more to do there. There are sit down restaurants in addition to the food court. The pool is much nicer if you do decide to use it. There is a lounge area too.

You can also take a boat to DTD.

People claim that they don't spend much time in their rooms or at a resort to justify the upgrade--Maybe if they had a nicer place to stay then maybe they would spend more time there.

I have stayed at at Poly, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Bay Lake Tower, Dolphin, Caribbean Beach, and POP. Not once did I go in the pool. Not once did I spend much time in my room. Not once did I have the time to explore the hotel and rarely did I eat in their restaurants. I think my rooms at the deluxes and the deluxe villas have been very nice. Yet, I did not spend much time there.

I agree with this. We have stayed at deluxe, moderate, and values interchangeably based on our goals for the trip, our available funds at the time, and any active promotions. We know what we're getting before we go and adjust expectations accordingly.

Me too. I'm not loyal at all. I usually stay deluxe because we own DVC, but if I'm paying out of pocket (meaning we went to Disney too much and don't have points left, lol) unless we get an awesome deal on a moderate we'll usually stay in a value. Sometimes I can snag a moderate for $100ish a night and I'll take that rate over a $70-80 value room during off season.

I have stayed at at Poly, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Bay Lake Tower, Dolphin, Caribbean Beach, and POP. Not once did I go in the pool. Not once did I spend much time in my room. Not once did I have the time to explore the hotel and rarely did I eat in their restaurants. I think my rooms at the deluxes and the deluxe villas have been very nice. Yet, I did not spend much time there.

How come?

If it were me, I would stay with Value. We recently stayed at CSR and will never go back. Don't get me wrong, it is a beautiful place, but for us it was too far to go to fill our drinks, bus trips were longer because we had to go to each stop, and ultimately we were rarely even there. Room sizes were pretty much the same. Almost all our time is spent in the parks. For us it didn't add up... We missed POP and will stay with there from now on. If you are not really resort people, I would suggest staying with All-Star. If you do spend a lot of time there, go Moderate. Best Wishes and I hope you have the most magical time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter