Worst ride to get stuck on?

DH got stuck on Pirates even though I warned him about all I read on here. He said he never wants to ride again hahahahah

The only ride I can remember being stuck on was the nemo ride in Epcot. My 4y/o and I were on part where crush is swimming by. It was like being in a disco, weird lights and same song over and over. It wasn't bad first few min. Then my daughter started saying "let me off!" But, yes, we heard the "stay seated. your ride will resume shortly" 2 or 3 times. And it finally did resume. But I would give anything to be stuck on that ride right now rather than the real world! :rolleyes1

We also got stuck on Splash. We were literally the next boat to climb the "hill". Bummer. But, we did get evacuated, and that was kind of a cool experience. Behind the scenes in the ride, the one thing that amazed me was the amount of water lines running everywhere and so close to many electrical panels! Outside, we were behind the ride, so you could see the mountain facades and regular buildings, etc. Pretty interesting. We got FPs for any ride in the park, so no problem!

Getting stuck on Dinosaur was pretty bad. Where we stopped it was pitch black and the car was shaking violently. This went on for a few minutes. Then some lights came on but the car kept shaking. It was such a relief when it finally stopped. I'm not especially claustrophobic but that situation would be trying for anyone.

Eventually they came around to evacuate us. We got to walk through the second half of the ride which was kind of cool. They gave us a free fastpass for the trouble.

Worst ride--IASW. I spent a lifetime stopped on that ride. I refuse to ride again. I cannot stand that song. Most interesting--Ellen's. We weren't stopped long before being evacuated and got to walk through the dinosaur section. That was quite interesting.

My sister & I got stuck on Buzz Lightyear, in between rooms. That was awful, it lasted for a few minutes.

We also got stuck on Splash; we were right at the big drop. My sister is scared of heights, so it didn't help that we were in the first row.

I also hated getting stuck on Mission Space. We were about do the launch around the moon. The power failed & lights went out. That WAS NOT a fun experience and my sister will not go back on the ride with me. We were evacuated from the ride and it was shut down for the rest of the day. They did make it up to us, but I think my sister is scarred for life.

I remember always getting stuck in the tunnel room on the old "If You Had Wings" ride (now Buzz Lightyear). It was just a foregone conclusion that, if we were on that ride, we were going to get stuck. Even today, that room in Buzz Lightyear makes me nervous.

I was rescued off Pirates in 1998. Very memorable. We sat in the boat for about a half hour listening to "we wants the redhead" over and over and then over the intercom came, "Please stay seated. A Pirate will be with you shortly." Lights came up and the soundtrack stopped although the animatronics kept moving (great nightmare fuel, that was). Finally, two pirates and for some reason a Jungle Cruise Skipper showed up. One of the pirates put on hip waders and jumped in the water behind the boat. he dragged us backwards and then we were handed out of the boat and up some stairs which led to "Backstage." Not at all magic, backstage. We walked for a few minutes and came to a door that turned out to be right beside the attraction. I have a couple of photos from the rescue, although we were not allowed to take pics of backstage they didn't seem to mind us taking photos inside of the ride itself:

001_zpsb2781bec.jpg

002_zps0dac3745.jpg

I have an opposite story - the best ride we got stuck on. We had ridden Buzz Lightyear earlier and my 7 year old REALLY wanted to get Galactic Hero (score 999,999). I told him it wouldn't happen. The next time we rode, we got stuck but the guns remained activated. I found a spot that counted for a lot of points. We managed to max out 4 separate guns while the ride was stopped. My son was so happy and announced our accomplishment to the CM at the exit. She promptly rewarded us with Celebration buttons marked with Galactic Hero 999,999. We got lots of comments from other CM for the rest of the trip.

Got stuck on Splash, outside just as you come around the bend and there is a waterfall. Luckily after 5 mins or so they lowered the pressure on the waterfall b/c we were absolutely getting soaked. Was stuck so long we showed up super late to an ADR.

I've only been stuck on Pirates. After 10 minutes, everyone was yelling for them to turn off the music. After that it was pretty interesting as they not only turned off the music but they turned on the lights.I think they got us going after 30 or 35 minutes. Not something I want to do again but it was an interesting experience.

Not a ride, but I think the worst thing to get stuck on would be the monorail. It the rail loses power, I think those without A/C would be miserable! I know they have a tug that can move the trains, but I don't imagine that would be quick!

I got stuck on Pirates right by the mermaid skeleton. After about 10 minutes they turned the music off and lights on. It took about an hour for the fire department to come and evacuate us. We had to climb out of our boat onto the boat in front of us, then onto the boat in front of that to get to the edge, that was odd. They didn't want people taking pictures with the fire department there, they told us they would confiscate our phones. I've had other rides stop, but this is the only one I've been evacuated from. My fear would be getting evacuated from anything high up - for example Everest on the incline to the top.

Yep, we can relate to Beer Me's pain! It was absolutely the worst break down ride experience ever! Pitch black, can't even see your hand in front of your face. The car shaking back and forth, and to add insult to injury, the sound effects were working quite well. That meant a lot of screaming dino effects going on around us, and no air conditioning to boot:crazy2:. It got warm, fast! Sat there for what seemed like 5 minutes, but in actuality was probably only a minute.

Test Track for me, too! Horribly uncomfortable! We were at about a 45 degree angle in the big curve. We had a tire blowout, and were taken very slowly back in, put in another vehicle, and sent on our way.

Evacuated off of Toy Story. Really cool walking around with lights on.

I was rescued off Pirates in 1998. Very memorable. We sat in the boat for about a half hour listening to "we wants the redhead" over and over and then over the intercom came, "Please stay seated. A Pirate will be with you shortly." Lights came up and the soundtrack stopped although the animatronics kept moving (great nightmare fuel, that was). Finally, two pirates and for some reason a Jungle Cruise Skipper showed up. One of the pirates put on hip waders and jumped in the water behind the boat. he dragged us backwards and then we were handed out of the boat and up some stairs which led to "Backstage." Not at all magic, backstage. We walked for a few minutes and came to a door that turned out to be right beside the attraction. I have a couple of photos from the rescue, although we were not allowed to take pics of backstage they didn't seem to mind us taking photos inside of the ride itself:

001_zpsb2781bec.jpg

002_zps0dac3745.jpg

I always wondered how they get you off the boats when you're stuck in the middle of water! I'm so glad you shared this!

The worst we've ever had is being stuck on IASW for about 20 minutes. The music kept playing...and playing....and playing...:crazy2::crazy:

I have been stuck on two rides, big thunder mountain and splash mountain. Big thunder was not that bad even though we got stuck on the first climb. The worst was splash mountain. We were stuck for about 45 minutes right before the drop to the laughing place, so we got to listen to that song on loop for 45 minutes. I don't wish that experience upon anyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter