• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WORST place you've gotten stuck on a ride!

"Dead men tell no tales. Dead men tell no tales. Dead men tell no tales. Dead men tell no tales. Dead men tell no tales. Dead men tell no tales. Dead men tell no tales. Dead men tell no tales. Dead men tell no tales. Dead men tell no tales. Dead men tell no tales. Dead men tell no tales. Dead men tell no tales. Dead men tell no tales. Dead men tell no tales. Dead men tell no tales. Dead men tell no tales. Dead men tell no tales. Dead men tell no tales. Dead men tell no tales."

with strobe light

At WDW I was stuck on JIYI w/ figment just as we were going into the train room. Hearing that train go by for 20 min. was maddening. After that all of the voices were out of sync. At Busch Gardens Williamsburg I got stuck on the second lift hill of Big Bad Wolf. As we were starting to climb the hill the chain broke or something because oil splattered all around. The scariest part of that was when the train behind us started down the track. We're stuck there and the track starts shaking as the train behind us is heading down the track. Fortunately, the emergancy breaks stopped the train at the bread run behind us. We had to walk off the ride. The train behind us had to wait for a cherry picker to get them off. Were were given Exit passes to use for the rest of the day. We could go up the exit and get on the next ride available.

Only ever been truly "stuck" on Primevil Whirl" with DD7...just stopped cold in its tracks about 2/3rds of the way through. CMs came and got us and walked us out. But it is one thing that DD keeps talking about, like it was the BEST thing ever! Strange kid...

We got stuck on Pirates for 30 minutes during MVMCP. It was not fun because the song kept playing over and over while we were stuck in the boat. We did get out just in time to see the parade.

Two years ago, DW and I got stuck on Test Track, and the vehicle was in a totally "banked" position. I was in the bottom facing seat and the angle was close to impossible. We were stuck under the single entrance line and it was fun to signal down there and wave hello. It took about three minutes for an attendent to get to us and finally right our vehicle. The kids had gone on MS, and we had a hard time convincing them of our breakdown.

Once upon a time, when I was a CM, they grabbed about five of us JC skippers and had us ride POTC before they brought it back up for the guests. I got paid to sit with five of my friends and my favorite manager for an hour at the top of the drop.
As a guest, I was stuck for fifteen minutes at the end of Small World. I got really tired of the song . . .

Taqwus said:
WHile this was not at DW I got stuck in MART at the 1984 Worlds Fair in New Orleans. We was sitting couple hundred feet above the Mississippi River for about 30 minutes in just one of those little skycar things

YOU POOR THING!!!! Riding That thing over the Mississippi was DEFINITELY the scariest thing I've ever done in my whole life. It was my dad's idea to park on the other side of the river and ride that horrible thing across into the World's Fair. I was petrified. I was about 17 at the time. It was a LOOOOONG way down! It's not there anymore. Thank God.

We got stuck in "Small World" very close to the exit. We wanted to make a swim for it, but cooler heads prevailed.

Stuck on IASW for close to an hour during Night of Joy in 2000. Yuck.
Also stuck on Figment Ride in Epcot and had to be rescued by Reedy Creek Fire Department. Very nice guys btw.
Also got stuck on the monorail for an hour once for an hour on a curve. Very uncomfortable feeling.

Well, we weren't totally stuck. We went around the entire outside loop at about 2 mph! Let me tell you that the turn is really bad in sloooooow motion. We were hanging sideways and it really hurt my back. They let us go around one more time at normal speed after that. Wow, what a weird experience and it was our friend's first time on TT. She was looking at me strangely :confused3 the entire time as I just shook my head.

That trip we had several things (TT, RnRRc, Barnstormer, Space) break down on us. It was a running joke that it was our friend's fault. Come to think of it, we've not had bad ride luck since. :rotfl2:

A bad ride at Disney is better than a good ride to work!

Susan
http://www.beentheredonethatgoingback.blogspot.com

I waited outside with dd (2) for almost 2 hours outside fof Space Mountain for dh and ds back in 2001. I got freaked out when I saw some people rush in that I thought (big imagination alert) were medical personnel. Turns out they were fixing the ride!

My ds was only 5 and I was worried about him on the ride anyway. Turned out that dh and ds were only stuck in line but they got to see some neat things when the lights were turned on. We didn't have radios then so I had no idea that they were okay. I just imagined that something awful had happened to them. I saw people leaving the ride that I had seen go in (those people got tired of waiting!) so you can imagine that that didn't help. It's funny now. LOL!!!

Susan

The worst for me was bring stuck in the Haunted Mansion in the graveyard. I do enjoy the ride a lot but some of those skeletons in the graveyard even bother me. :confused3

We got stuck on ToT once just as you go up and the doors open for the first part of the story. The worst part was that the announcement came on saying to stay calm and that a cm will be available to assist us with any problems, only no cm ever showed up. It was pretty neat to see how things looked with the lights on and they took us back down and put us in a different car, except for one man who chose to find a bathroom instead. We were probably stuck there for about 20 minutes. On the same day, riding ToT again, the cm loading us released our seatbelts and then relocked them. He then told everyone to check theirs to make sure they were locked and then starting closing everything. I had to yell out to wait b/c my belt didn't tighten at all. I think we decided not to ride ToT anymore that day.

On the same trip, we rode test track (1st time for my 3 y.o. dd). As we went up to the seat belt check, our car rammed the one in front of us. They had to actually take the people out of the car and give them a new one and removed the other for repairs. Needless to say, my dd was terrified of finishing the ride.

Stuck on Spiderman at IOA. Thus the Tag. I was okay for the first 5 minutes but then started having a panic attack and wanted out. I stood up while it was up by the big screen. They wouldn't even let me out! LOL

Also have been stuck on the monorail for at least an hour with a packed house.

oh lordy. i'll never forget when I went on my senior trip to orlando, fl. before we went to disney we visted islands of adventure. My boyfriend was there previously, but I wasn't and since I wasn't he was very excited to introduce me to all the rides there. we went on that jurassica park ride they have there and for those of you who have been on it, you know the part right before you drop where the trex is .. well.. the ride stops right at the tippy top, and I'm sitting in the first row! all of a sudden theres this voice that says, 'sir please put your camera away, there is no photography allowed' and he kept repeating it. i thought i was going to die because we were about to take the plunge and it stops, and now we are overlooking the big drop! :p im not afraid of heights or fast rides but that gave me the creeps and left me nauseous the rest of the day. :lmao:

Thanks guys, now I have the IASWA stuck in my head.

Every single time we go on Space ship earth it breaks down. The worst was when it broke down for 15-20 min in from of the scene of the chinese girl and american boy talking on their tvs/computers.

We got stuck on Test track in the brake sequence and it kept jerking. Another time we got stuck in the heat area, which was AWFUL.

This past trip the carosel of progress stopped rotating. We got to the second scene and it repeated three times! Everyone just got up and walked out.

Msslaydbug said:
I can't even imagine being stuck on IASM :rotfl2:
I was..... 25 minutes in the very last room where all of the countries are represented and dressed it white.

I was ready to scream!

When we finally got off the boat...I told the CM that I would be sending WDW the bill for my therapy! :)

Last summer we were stuck for about 25 minutes in "It's A Small World". I still can't get that song out of my head.

We got stuck by the semis in test track. I still cringe everytime my kids try to get semis to honk as they are driving by. Good thing I did not have a headache before we went in but I sure had one when we left.

CPM said:
Stuck on Spiderman at IOA. Thus the Tag. I was okay for the first 5 minutes but then started having a panic attack and wanted out. I stood up while it was up by the big screen. They wouldn't even let me out! LOL

We got stuck on Spiderman too! It was NOT pleasant. My boys were just bursting with excitment getting on the ride and really wanted to show it to me because they had done it twice already with DH while I stayed with the baby. So off we went and we were just a minute into it when the lights came on and the car stopped moving. At first it was ok but then we realised the blasts of fire were still working - VERY near us. Now I know it's not 'real' fire BUT this is what freaked me out - my 8 year old started saying "what if it IS real fire, what if that's why the ride broke down" :scared: I kept trying to reassure him by saying "no, it's too neat, its not real, it's 'pretend' fire". But it was dreary and kinda freaky. We were in the front of the car and then the two men behind us and their wives/girlfriends behind them started panicking saying "we're in trouble here folks" and "what if we just can't get out". I mean, HELLO!!! I had two children with me and they were making things a lot worse so my 8yo started crying. It seemed to go on forever - maybe it was 10 minutes. No apology AT ALL from the staff on the way out nor did any of them ask if my 8yo was ok even though he was sobbing and we couldn't ride it again as we had to go. Disney CMs would have been so much more professional - I'm pretty sure they'd have at least smiled at DS, if nothing else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter