Worst Movie You've Paid to See?

Steven Spielberg's AI.

"I Am Legend" ranks near the top.

Inception. I thought it would never end.

I took my daughter and her friend to see "Napoleon Dynamite". All three of us hated it.

I disliked all of these movies although I didn't see all of them in the theater.
I also really disliked Click with Adam Sandler and Black Hawk Down (it was soooo confusing). I'm sure there are more but that's all that comes to mind right now.

Without a doubt, Avatar! Close second is Lost in Translation.
I hated that movie. I kept thinking something would happen that would make me care about the characters. Nothing. Boring.

The postman
Another two thumbs down.

I didn't like Midnight Express.

The all time worst movie award goes to: Battlefield Earth with John Travolta. It was so very bad. Words fail me. It was good for some laughs but that was not the intention.

Waterworld with Punch Drunk Love as runner up.

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. It won all kinds of awards. DS14 and I left in the middle. I think maybe I wasnt smart enough for it! Boring and confusing.
We tried watching that movie on TV. It felt like someone was playing a joke on us by trying to make us watch the most boring movie ever. And we typically love spy movies.

The only movie I ever remember walking out on was "Howard the Duck". But I've probably seen worse movies by now.

The one that comes to mind first is TED.

OMG that movie was terrible. Normally I would have walked out, but I saw it after the Derecho of 2012 and I was out of power for the week. Only reason I stayed was because the theater was air conditioned and I had no where else to go.

I was on a high school trip and the chaperones decided that You Don't Mess With The Zohan would be a good movie for everyone to watch. There were 3-4 guys (the loud, gross ones) who enjoyed it, but everyone else was uncomfortable. I actually *tried* to sleep through it, and after we left the chaperones apologised for not researching it first.

Cowboys vs. Aliens was pretty bad, too. I never got to finish it, but that's because I got a terrible migraine in the middle of it and if DH (then BF) hadn't taken me home right away I would've vomited all over the theatre. We talked about going back another day but ultimately didn't care enough to.

Helstrom Chronicle. My sister and I went to it, in the 70s, thinking it was a science fiction film. It turned out to be a documentary on insects. YUCK!

On another note, I finally watched OZ, The Great and Powerful last night. BORING! Pretty, but BORING!

How sad, Lost in Translation and The Fountain are two of my very favorite films, and they're mentioned several times here. :laughing:

Mine would be Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story. Only movie I've ever walked out on...I decided I had better things to do with my time.

Lady in the Water - M. Night Shyalaman

I went by myself so I could have gotten up and left anytime but I kept thinking "it HAS to get better." Sadly, it didn't. :(

The Haunted mansion with eddie murphy and his overacting. sorry i know its a disney film! but when the mom dies and the kids just stare into the camera i just about lost it. the acting is Terrible!! well all except for terrance stamp.

Spy Kids 3.

It takes a lot for me to hate a movie. However Spy Kids 3 was just "no".

I have never walked out of a movie.

The only movie I've ever walked out on was Unfaithful. After that movie moved Diane Lane the the "actresses that make me vomit" list. I watch Lonesome Dove and like the part where she gets kidnapped by the Indian tribe. (ok, so not quite that far, but you get the point)

Anyway, Unfaithful was advertised as a psychotic thriller, Whodunnit kind of movie. After over and hour of nothing but "how many positions can we screw" DH and I walked out. That movie left me feeling like I needed a shower.

Only movie I've ever walked out of was Children Of The Corn.

We've seen a lot of bad movies at home though. Without a doubt, From Dusk 'Til Dawn tops that list. Even Salma Hayek as a stripper couldn't save it for me. The Thin Red Line was a HUGE disappointment. I usually love war films. That one was awful. Most recently, Grown Ups 2. But, we didnt expect much. We were so bored with The Matrix we shut it off midway through. That's pretty rare for us.

We did like Napolean Dynamite and 1 or 2 others mentioned so far.

DF and I walked out on "Good and Bad in the Garden of Evil" and also hated TED....

The worst movie I ever saw was so bad I can't even remember the name of it! I wanted to see it because it starred Harry Connick, Jr. (LOVE him!) and it was about baseball (LOVE it). It was Little League baseball, but baseball nonetheless. I was the only one in the theater and I had to go ask someone to start the movie at it's scheduled time. I guess they didn't see me and didn't want to run a film in an empty theater. I didn't walk out because I didn't know which of the other 23 theaters DH was in, and I didn't want to sit in the lobby for 90 minutes.

Queen Colleen

The movie They. When you are rooting for the creatures to eat the lead actress you KNOW it is bad. :rolleyes1 I also thought Napoleon Dynamite was one of the worst films I have ever seen.

There are a lot of bad ones we've seen, but Vanilla Sky (Tom Cruise) stands out as one. I just thought I wasn't smart enough to get it, but when I discussed it with other people, hoping they could explain it to me, they didn't get it either!

English Patient was another one I found boring - and yes, I know it won best picture.

I think it's a tie between Solaris and Peter Jackson's King Kong. I remember sitting there in the theater wanting to leave but I didn't want to say anything in case my dh was enjoying it, and when the movie ended he said he wanted leave 20 minutes after it had started!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter