Worst hotel

I believe it was called Quality Suites. Rated as a 3-star on the internet! Right next to Old Town. The first room they tried to put us in was so awful, I refused it. The AC SMOKED when I turned it on. The location was way in the back away from everything. I was a mom alone with 2 kids, and didn't feel safe at all. I went to the office and said if they couldn't do better we were out of there. All of a sudden a better room right next to Old Town opened up. It was bearable but not worth the fifty bucks a night I paid for it. NEVER again.
The other one I didn't care for but it wasn't the "worst" was a Holiday Inn Sunspree. Again rated a 3-star on the internet. Turned out to be a MOTEL, rather than a hotel. Noisy AC. Just not what I expected. IMO, Orlando is the trickiest place to book a hotel room!

Hi tweetylori!

I definitely agree with you when you say Orlando is the trickiest place to find a decent place to stay! All the places LOOK nice on the internet, but what you actually find when you get there is another story.

When I took a timeshare tour with a particularly knowledgable sales person(she knew from the get go we were definately not buying so we just basically killed 90 min getting and giving info bout Orlando) she told me to ASK anyplace with a rating exactly how and from whom they got their rating. She said that the ratings are based on different things depending on who gives it. Sometimes it is basically just a check off of what the "amenities" are. For example, if you get a five star it might mean you have a work out room and a restaurant on the premisis. As we all know the word restaurant and workout room do not speak to the quality of such. I know that Vistana Village which is fantastic does not get a five star rating on Hotelkingdom BUT Liki Disgusting Tiki does.
IF you have been both of these resorts you will definately know that the rating system is FAR from perfect.
That is why I try to run any place I might consider by the posters on this board and far enough in advance so that I can get a variety of opinions. After a while you get to "know" certain posters standards compare to yours so you listen. That is the best rating of all!!

I once stayed in this hotel in Hollywood...I guess it was haunted...something about a faulty elevator.

I had never checked out tripadvisor so I just took a look at it. In the case of the HI Sunspree, I would probably stay there based on the reviews. However I have stayed there and will never again. That place is awful! At some point remodeling doesn't help, maybe it's time to tear down and start new.

Originally posted by HockeyDadof2
I had never checked out tripadvisor so I just took a look at it. In the case of the HI Sunspree, I would probably stay there based on the reviews. However I have stayed there and will never again. That place is awful! At some point remodeling doesn't help, maybe it's time to tear down and start new.

You can post your own trip report on that site. It doesn't matter when the trip was taken, just mention the date in your report. I read those reviews often, as well as on Travelocity. :)

Days Inn on International Drive. Thankfully, we were only staying overnight. I didn't remove my shoes the whole time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter