Worst First Date Ever

My first date was arrested for smuggling illegal aliens across the border. Fun stuff!

My BFF met a guy and wanted to go out with him, but didn't want to go alone for the first date. She asked me to come along and the guy invited one of his friends along.

My "date" was okay. It wasn't a match, but he was okay to spend an evening with. We lived in Detroit and went over to Windsor for the evening. We stopped at a bar where my date knew the owner (cousin/uncle, can't remember). Anyway, my date disappeared into the back room with this guy for awhile. I thought it was a bit rude, but it wasn't like we were going to go out again.

On the trip over to Windsor, my GF and I rode together. On the trip back, her BF rode with her and I rode with my date. We get to the border and I could just tell they were going to harass us. It wasn't unusual to pull over 18 - 21 year olds and give them a hard time. I had my own car searched on more than one occasion. So, we are told to pull over and pop the trunk. Imagine my surprise when people are inside the trunk!

I had to do some quick explaining. After what seemed like a long time but was probably only minutes, they seemed to believe me that I wasn't involved. They arrested my date. I never saw him again but my BFF went on to marry her date. He apologized profusely and said he didn't have a clue that his "friend" was doing that. I still give him a hard time about it today! :)

First year in college...blind date from a dorm-mate.

Background, I am asian, very petite, and a shade under 5ft.

I meet up with my blind date he takes me to my first kegger and we both get a bit drunk but we are having great time. There was a live band, games, food....a perfect college party and we were all over each other. We get seperated for a little while and I eventually I start looking for him. Finally I call him and say where he is....He replied "About halfway home from your dorm"....and something about how cute I was, great first date, and a really good kisser.

Turns out he mistakenly walked ANOTHER asain girl home and didn't realize it...and made out with her! :furious: She didn't even look like me other than she is asian. She was about a foot taller, wore glasses, and had accent!

Here's one that sticks out in my memory...

Met a guy at a bar. He had come up to me thinking I was one of his friend's girlfriends. I say I am not. He continues talking. We end up exchanging numbers.

Date was planned, he picked me up. The date was filled with super cheesy, trying way too hard type moves. I felt horrible but I was laughing so hard on the inside. Some people would love that stuff, me not so much.

Night goes on, find out he lied about his age (2x) by about 10 years (making him barely 21 if that). Also his pick up line was a lie too. Then when he walks me home, he proceeds to take his shoes off on my front steps. I say what the heck are you doing, he says, I'd have to give him a second date now just so he can get his shoes back. Then he goes off running barefoot into the night.

I give the guy credit for thinking outside the box and giving me a story to tell :)

I had quite a few bad dates, it's hard to pick one. I think if I had to choose one I'd go with the guy I went out with one time and his girlfriend (that I didn't know about) continued to stalk me for the next year. :eek:

I have TWO lol

1st - I was 17 and spent long weeks in a very small town visiting my grandparents and cousins during the summer. One cousin is only a few months older than me so we spent most of my visits together. Well she got a boyfriend that summer and decided to "set me up" with someone so we could double date. So I end up talking with this guy on the phone a couple times and arrange for him to meet my cousin, her BF, and me at my grandparents house then all carpool from there. Well my grandfather starts asking a million questions about this guy as he didn't like his granddaughters dating. He gets an odd look on his face just as the guy gets to the door. Grandad answers the door by saying " who is your daddy boy?" I was mortified !! The poor guy stutters out his dads name. Grandad turns around and says , I thought so! honey that boy is your cousin , his daddy is second cousins with your momma.
I turned beet red!! First, thanks cousin lol she had gone to school with this guy for years never knew they (and therefor him and I ) were related!! while a really awkward time thank goodness my grandfather put it all together!!! We all still went out that night but it was a very platonic night lol!!!

I use to date my un-cousin. And we would freak out our friends with the connections. Nobody believed that we weren't related somehow.

He was DJ Hoxxxx.
I was JD Hoxxxx.

We were both 5'5", dark brown hair, brown eyes, and both wore glasses.

His birthday is 6/24/67.
Mine birthday is 12/24/67.

And final piece that sent them all over the edge, we were both adopted, both from the same adoption agency.

My worst 1st date, I didn't even know I was on a date.

My BF had introduced me to a bunch of her friends when I stopped dating her boyfriends best friend. I got along with several of them during the multipule times we had all hung out together.

Back in the late 80's, Ft Wayne use to hold free concerts on Sunday nights during the summer. And it wasn't unusual for this group to meet there. So, one sunday, she calls and says the group is going and wanted to know if we - she and I - wanted to go. She couldn't go, but had told the guy who called to invite us, she would see if I wanted to since I had made solid friendships with several of them and it wouldn't be strange for me to be there with out her. I said yeah, because I liked the band that was going to be playing.

Well, instead of just meeting them downtown, the guy who had made the call, said to come out to his place and I could ride with him. Also, that group was going to be hanging out earlier during the day, playing some pool and doing a cook out. Sounding like a fun way to spend a Sunday afternoon/evening.

By the time we got to the actual concert, it was becoming very clear that the guy who had made the call, thought that I was his date for the night. I didn't see it that way at all. This guy already knew that I really liked one of the other guys, my future DH to be exact, from that group of friends. By the end of the night, this guys feelings were extremely hurt by my refusal to sit on his lap, hold his hand, play kissie face with him, stay by his side - all day long.

And DH had his worst blind date ever, the same day.

To this day, we argue over who had the worst "date" that day. Him or me. Hands down he did, but I never admit that to him. I knew he was in for a bad night when his date wouldn't let him in the door when we went to pick her up, she sent him back to the car and only opened the door for her friend. And when her friend finally got her to come out to the van so we could go, she had her arms crossed in front of her, she had a ticked off look on her face, she stomped all the way out to the van, then made her friend sit with her in the very back of the van and DH sit up in the front with the driver, who's date was now sitting in the back of the van with the pouting blind date.

I went on a date with this guy to the movies, and he FELL ASLEEP!!! I was so mad. I was not thinking then but when I thought about it, I should have got up and left him sleep right there. I drove my car so it was there.

A few years ago I met a guy online and we decided to meet at a bar for a glass of wine. His WIFE dropped him off, and that's when I learned that "available" is different from "single." :rotfl2: Nice guy, but kind of nuts. Obviously, it was our only date.

Can't think of anything too major that happened on a first date, but my favorite girlfriend story (actually I never considered her my GF). I realized she was psycho after a few dates and tried to blow her off. She asked me if I wanted to go to Universal studios and she would pay for it to basically keep me from blowing her off. Hmmmmmm well its kind of hard to turn down a free trip to Universal :rotfl2: Don't get me wrong, I normally always pay for trips with GFs but this person I really didn't want anything to do with so that was the only reason I thought I would give her a chance and accept the supposed free vacation with her. But oh my was that a mistake.

She was the type that would seem perfectly normal for a day or a half day, then all of a sudden one little thing would set her off and she would just start screaming and going crazy. Probably biggest psycho I've ever "dated." Although this whole episode only lasted about a month, including the trip, so not sure that classifies as actual "dating".

So I was planning on going to Universal anyway either with friends or otherwise, so I accepted her "offer" (really con). So its like a week before the trip and she had not made ANY plans. I had already arranged to get off work and was wanting to go. So I ended up making all the plans and reservations with my card and she said she would pay me back. :rolleyes1 She had a lot of inherited money so at the time I was not worried about it.

Anyway long story short, first day we get there is fine, she seems normal, 2nd day she flips her lid, for no reason, runs off, steals the rental car, diappears. I did get the rental car back, I found out later she ended up taking a flight back by herself, but needless to say I never saw a dime :lmao:
Its kind of hard to remember all the psycho things she did but there were many, hard to describe, mainly the yelling and screaming for no real reason. I ended up doing the whole trip by myself after she left which was fine, although vacations by yourself aren't the greatest and can be very lonely.

After I got back she later tried to black mail me by writing a red marker on a pregnancy test to fake being pregnant. It was obviously a lie for several reasons and my friend figured out what she had done because he and his wife had just used those tests and knew it was faked by the color, then he rubbed it and you could easily tell it was a red marker. I also later found out she was a major meth head, which I had suspected but had no proof, which also explained some of her behiavor in hindsight I think.

I heard a few years later she ended up getting busted for meth and passing counterfeit money, :banana: she had also tried to run over another boyfriend of hers with her car. :scared1: By looking at her, and her nice house and car, and how she dressed etc etc., you would have never known this girl was this gone, but oh my was she a piece of work. I think it was a combination of being a spoiled rich brat, meth, and just psycho on top of everything else.

OH MAN!! Each one of these has me :rotfl:

I don't have any that are bad enough to make it to this thread! Lol

A friend of mine, is a very pretty girl, a very sweet and caring lady. However, when it comes to men, she's a looney tune. She becomes a clingy, crazy nutcase. I will never understand her thought process with men. She is night and day with friends vs. love interests. I love her dearly, but I tell me guy friends to run far far away from her.

One night, she met this guy at a bar. Upon leaving with him, she asked me "I am drunk. He's cute right?"

Well, I was drunker and without even looking at him I was like, "YEA!"

Hungover the next morning, my memories of the night came back to me and I realized that her man was more pirate: then :angel: ...just much more unattractive and personality-less than my friend. I ran to her room (at our dorm) to apologize for being such a dope. He was still there. :scared:

Turns out, despite everything working against him, she liked him. A LOT.

They spent the next week spending time together...in her bed.

Then things got weird. She started telling us about how he had kids, but that was OK because she'd make a great stepmom. STEPMOM?!?! you've been sleeping together for a week! and you're 19 and in college.

He worked at a waiter at a nearby restaurant. She proceeded to text him many many MANY times. When he told her to leave him alone, she took that as a challenge and called his work about 40x, and didn't stop even when he and a manager told her that his job was in jeopardy because of her calling (pretty sure he asked the manager to say that! :rolleyes2) She called and texted him relentlessly until he was forced to change his number. All this time, my friends and I begged her to stop harassing him, but she just couldn't handle the rejection of her one night stand!

Guess it wasn't a first date, but a bad ending none the less!

Winner!
First year in college...blind date from a dorm-mate.

Background, I am asian, very petite, and a shade under 5ft.

I meet up with my blind date he takes me to my first kegger and we both get a bit drunk but we are having great time. There was a live band, games, food....a perfect college party and we were all over each other. We get seperated for a little while and I eventually I start looking for him. Finally I call him and say where he is....He replied "About halfway home from your dorm"....and something about how cute I was, great first date, and a really good kisser.

Turns out he mistakenly walked ANOTHER asain girl home and didn't realize it...and made out with her! :furious: She didn't even look like me other than she is asian. She was about a foot taller, wore glasses, and had accent!

:rotfl2:
I don't really have a terrible one. One bad one, in college, I was "seeing someone" for 3 years on and off. During a fresh off, he went home for a weekend. His best friend asked me out to dinner. I went thinking it was friends, but nope he took me to a really nice restaurant, brought me back to a party and then made the move. Um no thanks. I was so pissed at him. He ruined our friendship.

He told me he had enough friends he wanted more.

And we denied denied denied when I got back with the sometimes on boy. Years later he asked me if anything had ever gone on between his best and me. I said ask him.

But I've told my friends worst date story on here before. She was on a terrible date. She thought she was going to get stuck paying, he was acting nuts. Well surprise he was nuts! The paramedics came and took him away from the table in a straight jacket!:rotfl2: and yes she had to pay!

I was 18 at the time and MySpace was really big. I met this guy from there who was a few years older and we started with talking on the phone for awhile. He seemed pretty normal, as far as you can tell on the phone anyway. We decide to meet up for coffee at my local Starbucks.

He shows up wearing a dirty tee shirt with holes in it, with an 80s style sweater vest on top. He looks nothing like his photo and foams a little in the sides of his mouth when he talks. And when he starts talking.. It just gets worse. He proceeds to tell me every horrible thing that's ever happened to him in his life. His mother committed suicide, he was hit by a bus, bit by a snack, stabbed and shot. And he still had the bullet in his chest, do I want to feel it? Are you really sure you don't want to feel it?! I made some lame excuse to get out of there and when we were saying goodbye I thought he was attempting to give me a kiss on the cheek and I wasn't sure how to rebuff it so I leaned in for it but he got me right on the lips. Ugh.

We never spoke again.

Prefacing this whole story with the hope I don't offend anyone. :)

I met this guy through a friend of a friend, and for our first date he asks if I want to go to a concert. Sure! Love concerts! So we go to this old school building. :confused3 And went inside to the auditorium and then wait for the concert. It ended up being a Born Again Christian concert. :faint: People were swaying with their hands up, screaming Thank You Jesus,....including my date. I was freaked out.

OMG!!!! I have almost the exact same story!! It was a boy in highschool that I'd lusted after for months, and our first date ended up being a concert at this mega-church that I hadn't even known existed. People we wailing and thrashing and speaking in tongues. At one point my date collapsed and rolled from side to side. I was so naive, I had no idea that people celebrated their faith in that particul manner. It's hilarious now, but at the time I was absolutely terrified.

On the plus side, I ended up meeting a friend of his there and dating him for the next two years. His was my first real love and the best boyfriend a girl could have asked for, so I regret nothing. :love:

Not me but oldest DS went to a Valentines party with a girl at a church once.Apparently it was to celebrate abstinence;they wanted him to sign a little contract and everything.He was nit impressed:laughing:

Not me but oldest DS went to a Valentines party with a girl at a church once.Apparently it was to celebrate abstinence;they wanted him to sign a little contract and everything.He was nit impressed:laughing:

Ok now that is funny. I would have laughed so hard at my own son if that happened to him:rotfl2:

Year: 1985 I think. I was 23. 3rd date. 1st was to a movie. Normal movie date. Kiss goodnight but no tonsil surgery. 2nd date was to dinner. Normal dinner date. Kiss goodnight. Very respectful.

3rd date was to a Superbowl party in a town about an hour away where he proceeded to do lines of coke (not my thing) and get wasted. I had seen no indication of this in the previous 2 dates. I ended up leaving and calling a cab to take me home which ended up being a $60 cab ride...a lot of money in 1985....and the cabbie gave me a break because he was father-age guy and when I told him why I needed to take an hour-long cab ride, he told me I did the right thing and took pity on me. He and my father bonded while my father was paying the fare. ;) I tried to call my parents prior tocalling the cab, but they weren't home and this was in the days LONG before cell phones.

He called the next day wondering why I had left. I told him it was because I didn't feel comfortable with the fact that he was going to be driving me home after having done umpteen lines of coke. (He had a standard shift car which I didn't know how to drive so I couldn't have driven him home). He then asked for another date and was quite shocked when I told him no. Proceeded to imply that since I lived in the city and he lived in a "well-to-do" suburb that I was lucky he was dating me, and that he really thought I was "The One". You thought I was "The One" after 3 dates?????????? Oh no darling...I don't think so.....

I thanked him for "slumming" with the city rat and wished him a nice life.

Winner!
But I've told my friends worst date story on here before. She was on a terrible date. She thought she was going to get stuck paying, he was acting nuts. Well surprise he was nuts! The paramedics came and took him away from the table in a straight jacket!:rotfl2: and yes she had to pay!

Yeah I think your friend is the winner of this contest so far! :lmao::lmao:

Oh wait this one might be the winner. Hard to choose. :lmao:

OMG!!!! I have almost the exact same story!! It was a boy in highschool that I'd lusted after for months, and our first date ended up being a concert at this mega-church that I hadn't even known existed. People we wailing and thrashing and speaking in tongues. At one point my date collapsed and rolled from side to side. I was so naive, I had no idea that people celebrated their faith in that particul manner. It's hilarious now, but at the time I was absolutely terrified.

On the plus side, I ended up meeting a friend of his there and dating him for the next two years. His was my first real love and the best boyfriend a girl could have asked for, so I regret nothing. :love:

:happytv:
Makes me wonder if this has ever gone worse, to a Church where they handled rattle snakes, with the "aren't you going to handle the rattlesnake too?" :rotfl:

(Not that there's anything wrong with that.) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter